News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Got a couple of questions  (Read 1683 times)

Offline PunchyKitten

• View Profile
Got a couple of questions
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:26:11 AM »
My first question is how do you change a character's fighting style without the game crashing. I know how t change cliques and spawning but for some reason each time I try to change NCP fighting styles the game crashes.  :wacko:

Also I would like to know if there is a way to add more kissable people to the game. Sure the guys and gals they have know are fine but it would be interesting have more or at least get rid of one undesirable that is kissable now. I saw a post here http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=15660.msg223434#msg223434  but it wasn't much help.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Got a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
To answer your second question: Yes there is a way to add more kissable people to the game or remove ones you don't want.

However this relies heavily on the lua scripts which I am still in the process of working on and I just finished up with taking a break on them in order to concentrate on some things on the home life side of things since I just needed a break from modding.

I am going to work on adding some things into the game via the lua scripting and see if I can get some guides hashed together that explains how to do all of this.

The lua scripts however are still largely unfinished with testing, error checking and rewriting missing code so I will be getting back to work on that. Once I have the scripts finished everyone will be able to mod the game completely however they like and make almost any mod via scripting that they wish.

As to your first question: I am not the best person to ask regarding this since it is not my best area of expertise regarding bully....lol.

My advice to you would be to read the modding tutorials over and make sure you have done every step correctly and not left out somthing or made a typo of some kind, since changing fighting styles for npc characters is the same process as for jimmy. You need to make sure that whatever fighting style you change for one character is mirrored by taking that character's former style and moving it to the character you have copied the fighting style code from.

Hopefully that makes some sense.....if not then I am sure others here will help out.  8)

Offline PunchyKitten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »
Since your working on it and there actually is a way to do it, that's nice. Take your time, I'm in no hurry,it's just a game.

Also thanks for the advice on the fighting styles and such. Maybe I should look over the tutorial again because I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to remove stuff XD. Or just find a easier to use hex editor so I don't mess up.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »
You want to change a npc's fighting style, not to a npc style right? You can do the way where you just do the same way as to change the Jimmy. Or I recently found a new way to do it, though I'm not sure it works for all npc's yet. Anyways I will use Melvin as an example becaquse that's who i got it to work for. So, at melvins bit of ide, you will see a part that says:  STAT_N_STRIKER_A....F_Nerds.N_Striker...N_Striker_A.Straf_Fat......./Global/N_Striker_A.Act/Anim/N_Striker_A.act..../Global
Now we will change him to the prep style P_Striker_A. Change the above to: STAT_P_STRIKER_A....F_Nerds.N_Striker...P_Striker_A.Straf_Fat......./Global/P_Striker_A.Act/Anim/P_Striker_A.act..../Global
That works perfectly for me