News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully-Board.com being Blocked By Malwarebytes  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
Bully-Board.com being Blocked By Malwarebytes
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »
I installed Malwarebytes about an hour ago and when I tired to connect here I got a little ballon saying "Malwarebytes successfully blocked access to a potentially dangerous website:173.245.60.42 "
And then I got a "Google Chrome couldn't connect"
But as soon as I uninstalled Malwarebytes I could connect as usual.

I posted it here since I don't know who actually owns this website.

Chrissy

Re: Bully-Board.com being Blocked By Malwarebytes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »
Which Malwarebytes did you download? Can you provide a link, please?

Chrissy

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »
I'm also moving this to the 'HELP!' section.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 12:29:26 AM »
IDK, Chrissy, I got blocked tonight by CloudFlare.  Been busy all evening and when I tried to access, CloudFlare was saying the site was not accessible.  Finally got in through the link from RockStarWatch.

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 02:35:38 AM »
The IP address belongs to CloudFlare so it's not a malicious IP address. It seems someone on the Malwarebytes team decided to go crusading on CDNs such as CF. Nothing I can do about it until MB staff digs its head out of its ass and realizes that it's just inconveniencing their customers. I haven't used Malwarebytes but you should be able to turn off the web blocking feature and just keep the other protection on. I recommend using the SiteAdvisor plugin (http://www.siteadvisor.com/) and Google Chrome as they both check websites against a database of known malicious websites. If you're looking for an anti-virus, just use Microsoft Security Essentials (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials).

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »
I thought this topic was deleted :/
Good to know it hasn't. :D

Anyway @Chrissy I downloaded the current edition of Malwarebytes and aside from installing it/uninstalling it I haven't touched anything with it.

The IP address belongs to CloudFlare so it's not a malicious IP address. It seems someone on the Malwarebytes team decided to go crusading on CDNs such as CF. Nothing I can do about it until MB staff digs its head out of its ass and realizes that it's just inconveniencing their customers. I haven't used Malwarebytes but you should be able to turn off the web blocking feature and just keep the other protection on. I recommend using the SiteAdvisor plugin (http://www.siteadvisor.com/) and Google Chrome as they both check websites against a database of known malicious websites. If you're looking for an anti-virus, just use Microsoft Security Essentials (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials).
I'll try MSE but I hope it doesn't block this website.
Also as well, to make sure this site wasn't a virus website I checked it at virustotal.com and as you can expect, came up as a safe website.

I seriously don't why BB is marked as a "potentially dangerous" website even though I have known about this website for over a year!

I also did a Google search and someone said Malwarebytes was blocking access to the company's website he worked for. Which, coincidentally isn't well known either.
IMO it sounds like MalwareBytes is blocking access to no-so-well known websites. I hope they fix this. Until they do, I'm either using MSE or using nothing.

Chrissy

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 05:26:02 PM »
The members are potentially dangerous; we're all deranged.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
A update.
I meant to make this post weeks ago. :P
Anyway, I upgraded to Windows 7 and re-installed Malwarebytes and it's database was upgraded and Bully-Board is no longer blocked!

Issue resolved.