News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Multiplayer Mod  (Read 62917 times)

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
Re: Bully Multiplayer Mod
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2013, 03:53:35 AM »
It's dead for what I know
No one workin on it

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2013, 04:39:27 AM »
The project currently is dead. We don't have enough modders that can script C++ or Java or .net to make this mod. I am starting to learn Java and Red knows some C++ but I doubt that its enough.

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2013, 05:45:19 AM »
And for what I know,
There are already someone from our forum asking those GTA:SAMP dude to help us making Bully multiplayer,
But the result is not good either, they are not interested for the project

Offline jaysupa

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2013, 12:02:42 PM »
Wow thats a bummer... Really would like to see a Bully Multiplayer Mod in the works or something similar to that.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »
Even tho I am until further notice retired from all modding....I will be passing on the sa-mp sources over to Red and others on my team which can later be ported over.

I am atm the only one outside of the sa-mp dev team to even have this since this is VERY closed source and the sources were given to me by a contact of mine that was on their team and that can be a starting point.

I will not be spearheading this project as I was planning nor will I be taking any part due to being retired but I do plan at some point to try and make a comeback if my current situation changes to allow for that since my heart always was and always will be with bully modding and with the modding community since it is really a wonderful place to be part of. That will never change but if my friend Fred Tetra ever comes back he can easily help with getting that off the ground but since I have not heard from him in well over a year.....I have no idea what is going on or if he even still does game modding or if he is even still alive for that matter...hopefully he is ok though since in the end, if it was not for him we would not have modding where it is today.

Offline JohnMichaelFFS

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 10:14:05 PM »
I think a standalone Bully multiplayer client is not the best direction to head in. Implementing a Bully multiplayer server on MTA:SA has a few benefits over this:

- MTA:SA has done the heavy lifting already; no need to reverse enginner the entire Bully game, just port content over
- Lua is the scripting language used by MTA, so modders who use Lua for Bully shouldn't find it too hard to work with MTA

To do this, a few things have to happen:

- Models from Bully need to be ported to GTA:SA formats (some of this has already been done in other mods)
- Some scripting will be required to duplicate certain gameplay aspects from Bully (like the HUD, for example)

I think porting models from one game to another will be the big task, while the rest of the work is trivial. I've made some progress with this in the past, but I just don't have the time to learn how to work with model formats right now. I can help out with the MTA side of things, if anyone is interested.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »
If we do that tho we won't be able to use the skateboard and the fighting styles.
The game is all around the fighting styles (while in GTA it's all around guns)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2013, 08:26:17 PM »
I think a standalone Bully multiplayer client is not the best direction to head in. Implementing a Bully multiplayer server on MTA:SA has a few benefits over this:

- MTA:SA has done the heavy lifting already; no need to reverse enginner the entire Bully game, just port content over
- Lua is the scripting language used by MTA, so modders who use Lua for Bully shouldn't find it too hard to work with MTA

To do this, a few things have to happen:

- Models from Bully need to be ported to GTA:SA formats (some of this has already been done in other mods)
- Some scripting will be required to duplicate certain gameplay aspects from Bully (like the HUD, for example)

I think porting models from one game to another will be the big task, while the rest of the work is trivial. I've made some progress with this in the past, but I just don't have the time to learn how to work with model formats right now. I can help out with the MTA side of things, if anyone is interested.

It can be tried out in that direction to see how it would work. This was going to be my backup option since mta is opensource where sa-mp is very closed source and even though I do have the full sources to that....and permission to port it....the person who gave me permission is no longer on the development team and as such this could cause some issues we really do NOT need here. In the end its better to go a route where it will not result in someone accusing someone else of stealing work from them or not being original enough...etc due to the world at large's fascination with upholding copyrights to a almost obsessive level all due to power money and greed.

The only things I wanted to see happen with this project are very simple.....Since bully has no direct multiplayer code in it.....there are two ways to achieve this.....1: code a standalone client and server that link to the game similar to how a scripthook works and go that route.....or code the client directly into the game using lua (this is the way I would reccomend actually due to the heavy usage of lua in the game and some side by side multiplayer code still being intact that could be a starting point) and just have a single standalone server that does the rest.

In the beginning I would NOT worry about the usage of the weapons or the skateboard and just worry about just making the client/server game/server communicatin part actually function and then worry about the rest later. Every project has to start somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:29:08 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Ryuzaki L Reachley

• Nothing here to see man
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
zeng,thats not easy zeng

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
We need to hire some motherfucka ultra pro advanced c++ and lua and java modders.

Or we all spam rockstar new england's inbox. with bullly multiplayer and somone might help us.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2014, 01:27:37 PM »
... or they might just label us a spamfilled, dumbwitted fanbase that has no idea how little they could care about an outdated game.
We should wait until a proper team can be assembled.

FaZe

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:19 PM »
I agree with Simon on this one, They would probably tell us that we're stupid for caring about such an old boring game. As we have different opinions on that, no matter how hard we fight them for it, we'll probably end up getting sued for harrasment.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
The spamming part was obiusly a joke. LOOL

But i really hope this mod will be real 1 day

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2014, 08:43:03 PM »
It will be worked on but as I said in my first post here, this mod is LAST on my long list of work to do for the game.
Namely due to the same reasons stated in that first post.

I have not forgotten about this mod nor will I ....but this will simply be a mod that will take a full team to do...plain and simple. No other way to go about it and while I might have a lot of knowledge and skill at modding...even I alone can't do this mod by myself. Totally beyond my own skills to try that...lol.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2014, 07:53:39 AM »
Mad, i will help you. 

My pro modding skillz will help you.
No im just kidding im no good at lua, all i can do is a simply menu. Thats all i can, but i would help anything i can if u need. :D