News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Poll

Pretty self explanatory, or if you don't fit in any of them... Which one would you join if you HAD to?

Greasers
7 (24.1%)
Preps
3 (10.3%)
Nerds
8 (27.6%)
Jocks
1 (3.4%)
Townies
6 (20.7%)
Bullies (For all you assholes out there, lol)
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: What Clique Would You Fit Into?  (Read 20088 times)

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
Re: What Clique Would You Fit Into?
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
I would fit into the nerds that aren't smart clique.

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
Well here's the thing, I think some of you are putting in what you'd be in real life rather than if you were in the Bullworth world.

The bullies aren't technically bullies when compared to the rest of the school. They are more like layabouts or bludgers or whatever the American equivalent is. Yeah, they bully non clique students, but so does everyone else. In terms of the storyline they don't seem to care too much about anything other than having a good time. I guess because they are the only clique who saw through Gary's obvious BS (or more likely didn't give a damn) and remained loyal to Jimmy that has a bit of an impact on my opinion.

I think the biggest factor in why the bullies aren't usual bullies is that they typically side with whoever has got power or appears to have power and Jimmy certainly didn't have it at that point in the story and I don't mean physical power like Russell has, I mean influence and popularity.

Frankly the nerds aren't the standard nerds in real life either. They are backstabbing scum and far more aggressive than most nerds and probably a big part of the reason they are picked on. It's not exactly like they can't fight back if they are armed. They aren't exactly intelligent either.

Some of the clique do fill the stereotypical role such as Bucky, Fatty and Cornelius but others like Algernon, Donald and obviously Earnest do not fill this at all and those have more power in the clique. Nerds tend to stick by those who have treated them well (because they generally have difficulty acquiring friends outside their social circle and hell even inside their social circle) and they did the exact opposite.

Having said all that, the Townies fit me the most. Despite constantly being told I was intelligent, school was pretty horrible for me because of all the social nonsense and I had to drop out. I identify with Duncan and Jerry pretty strongly.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »
^What an excellent tomatosauce!
I agree with you 100 % on that one.

The bullies are generally potrayed as the most evil scum in history, while in this game they're quite loyal to those who are loyal to them.
They surrender when you beat their biggest guy and they remain your somewhat friends throughout the entire game.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
wordswordswords
Oh how I've missed reading your walls of texts. (。´◡`。)

On-topic, my choice should be obvious. ˘⌣˘

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 07:16:06 PM »
wordswordswords
Oh how I've missed reading your walls of texts. (。´◡`。)

On-topic, my choice should be obvious. ˘⌣˘

Haha I've kept an eye on things on the boards and just haven't felt like commenting. This caught my attention. I did get GTA 4 (SWING GLITCH!), I told you on Skype but I guess you haven't checked. I posted a similar wall you might enjoy reading in the GTA 4 section under the snow storm thread that Mike posted more than a year ago.

I might have to try find your GTA videos now too :P.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:38 PM »
Well here's the thing, I think some of you are putting in what you'd be in real life rather than if you were in the Bullworth world.

The bullies aren't technically bullies when compared to the rest of the school. They are more like layabouts or bludgers or whatever the American equivalent is. Yeah, they bully non clique students, but so does everyone else. In terms of the storyline they don't seem to care too much about anything other than having a good time. I guess because they are the only clique who saw through Gary's obvious BS (or more likely didn't give a damn) and remained loyal to Jimmy that has a bit of an impact on my opinion.

I think the biggest factor in why the bullies aren't usual bullies is that they typically side with whoever has got power or appears to have power and Jimmy certainly didn't have it at that point in the story and I don't mean physical power like Russell has, I mean influence and popularity.

Frankly the nerds aren't the standard nerds in real life either. They are backstabbing scum and far more aggressive than most nerds and probably a big part of the reason they are picked on. It's not exactly like they can't fight back if they are armed. They aren't exactly intelligent either.

Some of the clique do fill the stereotypical role such as Bucky, Fatty and Cornelius but others like Algernon, Donald and obviously Earnest do not fill this at all and those have more power in the clique. Nerds tend to stick by those who have treated them well (because they generally have difficulty acquiring friends outside their social circle and hell even inside their social circle) and they did the exact opposite.

Having said all that, the Townies fit me the most. Despite constantly being told I was intelligent, school was pretty horrible for me because of all the social nonsense and I had to drop out. I identify with Duncan and Jerry pretty strongly.

Very interesting observations.  I wish that the Townies had played a larger role in the game.  Hell they didn't even get their own chapter, since they had to share Chapter 5 with Gary and the four main cliques.  D:

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »
The Townies though were just an outside factor and weren't within the schools hierarchy so it wouldn't make sense to involve them too much. Remember that while they did share it with 4 of the cliques, all those events were caused by the Townies so really it is their chapter.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 11:10:31 PM »
Very interesting and insightful observations. 

And, nice to see you again, Peach !

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »
Nice to have people appreciate what I've got to say rather than TL;DR.

How do you know if its too long if you didn't read it?

I'd do it more often but it's gotta be the right topic :).

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »
The Townies though were just an outside factor and weren't within the schools hierarchy so it wouldn't make sense to involve them too much. Remember that while they did share it with 4 of the cliques, all those events were caused by the Townies so really it is their chapter.

And yet they're allowed to play dodge ball in the same gym that they try to burn down. :rolleyes:

I get what you mean.  Gary used the Townies because they were all he had left by Chapter 5.  Its funny how he thinks that he's a genius but spends most of the game having his lame plans foiled and only succeeds because Jimmy and the others are even dumber than he is.   :laugh:

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 02:24:25 AM »
The other characters hold idiot balls. That's the only way Gary's plans work. The townies were hardly used, they had nothing to lose by following him and its not like he had much connections to begin with. Derby didn't give a stuff about him, Tad did but he had no influence, Earnest is frankly an idiot, Johnny's only interaction with Gary is 'shut up Gary' and Gary is never seen talking with any of the jocks. 

It really comes down to... 'Hey guys let's blame Jimmy for all our problems even though we don't have a shred of proof that he's responsible and has nothing to gain from it'. I'll grant you though Jimmy was acting like an ass at that stage and he did some things that go beyond idiotic to 'I'm doing this because the script says so'.

You might want to be careful bringing Gary up, it might trigger a lengthy essay or something but I've already done that somewhere here which I don't remember.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:28:04 AM by Peachrocks »

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
You might want to be careful bringing Gary up, it might trigger a lengthy essay or something but I've already done that somewhere here which I don't remember.

You mean this?  (BTW, I was Algie Hunter)

Does anyone think that the character would have worked better had they consolidated Gary and Petey into one person?  In other words make him sarcastic like Gary but loyal like Petey throughout most of the game, not turning on Jimmy at the end of Chapter 1.  It would've explained why Jimmy didn't go after Gary until he was expelled.  Interestingly enough, Gary's monologue at the end would have still made sense.

Actually this what I thought in my restructure except Petey would still be in the story. The biggest problem with Gary is the fact Jimmy never has any reason to go after him when you know he's an enemy.

How do you resolve this? By not making him an enemy until absolutely necessary.  This is only a very rough outline of the 'changes' but it's too long as is :P.

Simply put Gary would be made headboy in chapter 2's beginning though he has already set Jimmy up to face against Russell in the hole, though Jimmy has no idea who did that and who's spreading hearsay about what he is saying. Petey suspects Gary of something fishy but of course Jimmy as always never listens to Petey in regards to Gary.

However for Gary to keep 'order' within the cliques he uses Jimmy as his unofficial enforcer while at the same time (unknown to Jimmy obviously) gives them reasons to hate him. Jimmy then pacifies the cliques as he does in the main story. Petey is still Jimmy's 'guide' telling him to solve the problem that Gary sets out (and causes).

You might say at the end of chapter 4 is where Gary stops taking his meds. Gary then goes to the townies and gets their help to start causing problems. You ever wondered how Gurney got into the school and set the gym on fire? Gary. Not to mention there's a secret passageway inside the school by the asylum. It'd be pretty easy for him to get in undetected, especially with inside help.

Jimmy is of course accused of doing everything bad for exactly the same reason as normal. Because Gary said so. Except this time he is actually trustworthy at this point rather than a horrible liar which makes it far more believeable that people would listen to him.

This of course leads Jimmy to being expelled. Knowing that the townies caused his problems he seeks them out for a beating and upon beating Edgar the pair finally put the pieces together since Edgar realises he wasn't going to get to rule the school, or even continue to prank them because Gary had already achieved his goal of removing Jimmy and now they are an 'enemy' and therefore would no longer receive his inside help.

Then of course Gary carries out the finale as before, causing everyone to fight each other and 'turning the school into a battleground', just for kicks. He's obviously the insane lunatic now we all know and loathe :P.

A few simple changes and Gary goes from a horrible obvious see through liar who nobody would believe where the hero has to carry an idiot ball to make the plot work to a devious mastermind.

This is my own perspective:  the clique leaders secretly hated Jimmy for embarrassing them in front of their goons and the whole school, and wanted revenge in Chapter 5.  Gary and the Townies gave them an excuse to do what they already wanted to do:  kick Jimmy's ass and terrorize the school.  By the end, Gary is an afterthought (and a convenient scapegoat to blame their riot on).

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
This is my own perspective:  the clique leaders secretly hated Jimmy for embarrassing them in front of their goons and the whole school, and wanted revenge in Chapter 5.
That... I like that thought.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »
Well, we couldn't really expect a rational Bully plot, seeing as how it was written for 12-year-olds.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
This is my own perspective:  the clique leaders secretly hated Jimmy for embarrassing them in front of their goons and the whole school, and wanted revenge in Chapter 5.
That... I like that thought.

I think that Earnest, Johnny, Derby, and Ted are also the main villains of Bully, not just Gary.  And really, Gary turns out to be the least important of the five.   :ajajaxh5: