News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully SE : Pete's Missing Mission  (Read 6023 times)

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Bully SE : Pete's Missing Mission
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
This is a mod I created that is a whole new mission. It features mini boss fights and a real actual boss fight. This is a mission I have created where you have to rescue Pete from the bullies in the Tenements. The story - Davis is looking for a way to gain power in bullworth and does so by going against Jimmy and kidnapping Pete. You have to rescue Pete and defeat the bullies. There are a couple mini boss fights and a main boss fight with Davis. You have to slowly walk on the blips in order for them to work. Move slow on the blips not to fast.

Bully SE : Pete's Missing Mission Beta
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:30:34 PM by LostInSpace »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Re: Bully SE : Pete's Missing Mission
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »
Pretty nice.
I chuckled a bit where it said "Find Pete in the tenements", right after it told you that he was missing.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 11:58:44 PM »
Yeah I'll fix that but everything runs great it is an awesome mission more to come soon.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 02:37:07 AM »
Nice work.
Your really grasping the mission thing.
I might release some of Russell mod's mission scripts which will probably make it easier to make missions as I try to make the mission and the mission script the closest and look alike to rockstars missions and mission scripts.
As rockstar games do it efficient and compact.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 10:34:06 AM »
Thanks, I was going to make cutscenes for each boss fight but I didn't feel like figuring out what the code was for making Jimmy Inactive and having to make the AI talk over and over lol. It came out awesome, this is as close to Rockstar as anyone can get I checked out many missions in the game and for the most part, Reath, Yours and my mission looks exactly how they would look in the normal game without cutscenes. Which I have been trying to do for a while I never understood how to trigger cutscenes and how they work.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »
Well this mission is great. But you still have a lot to learn.
Rockstar made the missions efficient, and overall better looking, but its nothing you cant learn at some point.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »
Nice :] Reminds me of my early mission mods I use to do with mini cutscenes inbetween like you have it.

but overall i agree with c00l there is alot more you can learn to make your future mission mods to look like Rockstar did them.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 02:01:20 AM »
I currently hold the rockstar scripts which I use to learn how to make R like missions.
For now I've stopped doing so as I am working on something else in Russell Mod.
The R scripts are tricky tho, they DONT have very creative names for their variables (everything is like this l_1_1 and there are millions of them just different numbers and a lot of functions so in order to follow the whole thing you have to go back to where the variables are all the time so you can understand what they did there, it's a bit of a headache.
But after all with some time it can be done.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 06:29:53 PM »
Update: The mission is almost done as I am probably going to release it in a couple of days or this weekend. Daboss I may need your help making camera's :D.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »
Ooh that's awesome. And I would help but... it's a lil hard when you're never online (xfire I mean)

and i realize the post is a year old (Well... 1 day from being a year old) but replying to c00l's post to clear any confusion...
The variables were not named l_0_0 by Rockstar. The decompiler names that, l standing for "local" because the decompiler cannot get what local variables were originally named as that isn't saved in the compiled code. So with that being said... you do NOT need to name your variables in your scripts l_0_0 to make it work. It's really hard to work with, is pointless, and is bad practice. Rockstar didn't do it either so you're not being like them when you do it, it was the decompiler that couldn't get the original names for us. Just saying this because... I still see many people naming variables like that for no good reason other than maybe they think it's needed. Name them what they do... like "gary" for a spawned gary. Or "x" for an x coordinate, "y" and "z" for those as well. Countless more examples... but you get it.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »
Ooh that's awesome. And I would help but... it's a lil hard when you're never online (xfire I mean)

and i realize the post is a year old (Well... 1 day from being a year old) but replying to c00l's post to clear any confusion...
The variables were not named l_0_0 by Rockstar. The decompiler names that, l standing for "local" because the decompiler cannot get what local variables were originally named as that isn't saved in the compiled code. So with that being said... you do NOT need to name your variables in your scripts l_0_0 to make it work. It's really hard to work with, is pointless, and is bad practice. Rockstar didn't do it either so you're not being like them when you do it, it was the decompiler that couldn't get the original names for us. Just saying this because... I still see many people naming variables like that for no good reason other than maybe they think it's needed. Name them what they do... like "gary" for a spawned gary. Or "x" for an x coordinate, "y" and "z" for those as well. Countless more examples... but you get it.

At first I thought it worked like that because even Madman named his locals like that in his first lua tutorials...

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 10:10:26 PM »
Well he was experimenting with the scripts before anybody else really did much. So he had to be careful so he may of not even wanted to attempt to change them yet. Maybe scared the script would be too sensitive to change and it wouldn't run. He must of found out later that, you can indeed change them and it'll run just fine.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:11 PM »
A nice and big update on the mod showing the mini boss fight for Wade. Trust me it is as hard as it gets. You will really need to try hard during this mission. I custom difficulty set also of course you can chose to play it or easy or hard. Also their will be cut-scene skips also. I will upload a full version vid of the big update soon so stay tuned.

Bully SE : Pete's Missing - Wade Mini Boss Fight Preview

Bully SE : Pete's Missing - Wade Mini Boss Fight Preview

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 09:37:46 PM »
What happened to the mod?

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 07:11:31 AM »
I think he ain't online too much... Or he left modding