News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Strange Screen Resolution Glitch (PC Widescreen)  (Read 9612 times)

Offline Geistertanz

• View Profile
Strange Screen Resolution Glitch (PC Widescreen)
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »
Hello everybody,

I finally managed to get my hands on "Bully - Scholarship Edition" and after installing the latest patch the game runs without the usual problems that I read about beforehand.

Sadly I seem to have run into a unique problem with the game. Some time ago I replaced my monitor with a widescreen-lcd-tv an use a native resolution of 1280x720 for Vista and all my games (the pc can't handle 1600x900 or 1900x1080 too well).
When I run Bully, which should support the resolution of 1280x720 of my pc, I only see the upper left 2/3 of the screen. This happens with the ingame graphics, the menus and even the movies. With other words: the game renders in 16:9 but only shows 4:3.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? Not necessarily with Bully but with another game and knows of a way how to fix this?

(And yes, my drivers are all up to date and I installed  the latest patch for Bully.)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
Ok, I found the source of the problem by myself. Apparently the game is using a standard Windows-screen for its menus. Because I am using the tv instead of a normal monitor I scaled the Windows text (DPI) to make it easier to read. The game will then try to scale itself as well. I changed the text back to the default size and now it runs perfectly.

Bullsworth here I come!

I still hope this topic might help others who are/were facing similar problems!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:31:21 AM by Geistertanz »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Screen Resolution Glitch (PC Widescreen)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 06:39:52 AM »
Well, good thing....Now have a blast !

Offline Jared

• RockstarWatch
    • View Profile
    • JaredLinwood.com
Re: Strange Screen Resolution Glitch (PC Widescreen)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:28:05 AM »
Thats is a very unique issue and solution though...definitely something to keep note of for the future! Cheers' for letting us know :)