News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *Release* Bullly: Scholarship Edition Coord Grabber V1  (Read 11144 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
*Release* Bullly: Scholarship Edition Coord Grabber V1
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »
Here is the Bully: Scholarship Edition Coordinate Grabber that I have been promising everyone for a while now and I apologise for taking so long to get this cracked out. I happen to have a lot on my plate due to the sheer amount of work I have taken on for the modding community and currently only have a couple modders helping me out here and there as help is needed. Red Blaster happens to be my partner in testing these mods out and helping figure out some of these mods and with all of his hard work things are starting to get done finally.

So that said, I am happy to present this mod for everyone to use. This mod is designed specifically to grab coordinates from within the game and is meant for modders that wish to mod the .dat files located inside of trigger.img which controls the item placement of most of the world map for props, weapons, vehicles, spawn points, doors, peds, etc and will be very useful for custom spawn points and the like.

The usage of this little tool is very simple: just install according to the ReadMe.txt included in the archive and run the script via the arcade machine in the boys dorm and once the about text finishes showing on the screen simply press your run button to get coordinates. I have made the coordinates non invasive and as easy to read as possible. They show the XYZ coordinates as well as the area code for the current area you are in. I will be releasing very soon a complete list of all areacodes in the game but for now I will let everyone have fun finding them on their own and experiment with them in modding.

This is the ONLY script for bully that does this and no other script or even trainers will get this information for you this accurately. If someone does wish to make a external trainer that does the same they are more then welcome to do so but this in my opinion is a better way to get the coordinates from the game and no better way then to use the game's built in scripting to achieve this.

Fred Tetra deserves credit for showing me how to get coordinates from inside the game and I have created this easy to use script based on what I was shown by him. Red Blaster was the first person to get a copy of this coord grabber long before I decided to release this and was the primary tester for this and deserves credit for that too.

Bugs list:

• There are none!
Features:

• Shows the coordinates in the format of XYZ : Area Code
Controls: X-BOX Controllers

• Pressing A on the x-box controller shows the coordinates for the exact spot Jimmy is standing
  • Pressing A and holding it will continuously display coordinates
Controls: PC Keyboards

• Pressing your run key will display the coordinates for the exact spot Jimmy is standing
  • Pressing and holding your run key will continuously display the coordinates

You can find the download here: http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=40
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:49:46 AM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline j.

• Bully Cinematic editor.
    • View Profile
Re: Bullly: Scholarship Edition Coord Grabber V1
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:50:17 AM »
great stuff. this will be useful.  :ajajaxh5:

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:21 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is actually a trainer with this function.
However it does not show area code.

Nice work!
2 uploads in one day, we thank you!

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:09 AM »
Swegta
"This is the ONLY script for bully that does this and no other script or even trainers will get this information for you this accurately. If someone does wish to make a external trainer that does the same they are more then welcome to do so but this in my opinion is a better way to get the coordinates from the game and no better way then to use the game's built in scripting to achieve this."

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »
Useful for spawing caracters : D

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
So how does this work?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:38 AM »
Press run, and it gets your exact coordinates.

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »
No I mean how do you spawn with these coords what do you need to modify in order for it to work and function with your game?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »
I will explain in the form of a tutorial soon. You can in fact change some of your spawn points by editing trigger but others have to be edited directly in the LUA source for said script.

Now as to most item, prop, weapon and a few vehicle spawn points....you can edit all those easily since they are located in several .dat files from trigger.

Doors use pointpoint for destination coordinates when you open the door and they use other areas for the physical coordinates of the door itself.....items and weapons use a slightly different approach but otherwise just as easy to figure out.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Re: *Release* Bullly: Scholarship Edition Coord Grabber V1
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »
This'll help me alot in the future.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 04:03:58 PM »
Yay a coordinates grabber!  :D

I remember that I wanted something like this for gta sa so I could place custom things like enex where I wanted.

Now I can do the same thing with bully.

About the area code, what is that?
Is it like the number ID of the interior world?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »

Right on.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »

I remember that I wanted something like this for gta sa so I could place custom things like enex where I wanted.

I have a GTA SA Co-ord grabber. Sadly it gets flagged as a trojan, though it is 100% safe.

Area code, your right, as far as I know each GTA (exc GTA 3 but Inc Bully since it first ran on a Advanced San Andreas Engine) has an "ID" world with 0 being outdoors. Don't knnow if it's 0 for Bully.

Some very nice work there Madman, you should have your own Bully mods site. :)

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »
Yea each time something gets flagged as Trojan I can tell that the virus protector hate hacks and such.
People use to complain bout my outdated hacks being Trojan and Trojan takes 2 seconds to remove lol

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »

I have a GTA SA Co-ord grabber. Sadly it gets flagged as a trojan, though it is 100% safe.

Area code, your right, as far as I know each GTA (exc GTA 3 but Inc Bully since it first ran on a Advanced San Andreas Engine) has an "ID" world with 0 being outdoors. Don't knnow if it's 0 for Bully.

Some very nice work there Madman, you should have your own Bully mods site. :)

Thanks.

I actually do have my own bully mods site...well...fileserver for the time being since I have to finish the main site for it as well. But I plan to keep my releases here since bb is my base of operations anyways.

As to the areacodes....you are correct in that each interior is its own little "world" and as such has it's own areacode. This areacode needs to be used when doing any custom spawns since each area uses the coordinate system in a rather strange way but not that much different then what gta did.

There is also IPL files for bully as well which I finally discovered but they are encrypted in the same way that the .ide files are with a b added to the extension so in this case they are IPB and located in the world.img file. No possible way to break the crypt used tho since they were encrypted to PREVENT modding of bully most likely due to fears that someone would mod bully to make a school shooting game or somthing which is a very real possability now that I and a couple others have basicly let the cat outta the bag.