News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: 6 Days In Fallujah  (Read 10671 times)

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
6 Days In Fallujah
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »
This is supposed to be one of the most realistic war games ever made. some of the marines who were in the battle of Fallujah helped in the making. It's going through so much controversy right now that Konami left as publisher and no others will pick it up. The developer, Atomic Games said it will be coming in 2011.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:37:52 AM by cobra elite »

Offline Junkie Mater

• View Profile
Re: 6 Days In Fallujah
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:06:43 AM »
I know it. Controversial but awesome.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »
The whole 2011 release date is kinda off. Why give the entire year? Rumor has it they now have an "interested publisher" for the game but won't talk. I'm losing hope, but the realistic story and graphics are holding me. I've already signed the petition giving my support. Just another pathetic fight over a good game. Atomic games didn't even think of this until the marines offered to help. So this is really a disrepect to the marines.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:42:33 AM by cobra elite »

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
If anybody is supportive, this is the link for the petition. There is 22 signatures now. That's not enough! We need more! With the amount of people on this site we could make some sort of a change in the number of signatures.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/support-six-days-in-fallujah.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:45:04 AM by cobra elite »

Chrissy

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »
Did you hear about what happened with Medal of Honor? Instead of saying 'Taliban' now, they say something like 'Opposition Forces'.

Really? We can sit there and say 'Russian Terrorists' but we're afraid of the Taliban?

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »
This is my dream game. I want it!! I have no words to describe how fucking pathetic it is that GAMES are taken to court. Even worse, the parents don't have a truly valid reason. Its their FEELINGS!! Poor innocent children will be hurt by this or it is a major disrespect. We might as well apply this to music too. I'm irritated now. I hate the banning families and groups, but I especially hate the activists. It wasn't the store's fault for giving a kid the game, it was because the developers made it. Its just way too pathetic. I wrote my 10 page paper on this shit why it shouldn't be.

Offline Junkie Mater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »
Did you hear about what happened with Medal of Honor? Instead of saying 'Taliban' now, they say something like 'Opposition Forces'.

Really? We can sit there and say 'Russian Terrorists' but we're afraid of the Taliban?

But Russia gets less friendly to the USA. If Bieber come with Obama he can speak calmly to Medvedev.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 09:32:51 PM »
If Bieber can get this game released I will believe he has A USE. Right now I'm just really pissed about this. People say its a disrespect against the Marines when the Marines helped make it. Ass-backwards. Its too realistic, when realistic graphics are part of any game. Ass-backwards. The fall back reason ends up being about "innocent children". I've seen this like a perfect pattern on multiple games.

Mike_W

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »

But Russia gets less friendly to the USA. If Bieber come with Obama he can speak calmly to Medvedev.

*facepalm* Oh for Christ's sake, Bieber has no influence in politics, absolutely none.  The little bastard is only 16.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »
He can't do his own job in entertainment. Why would he be involved in politics? The political structure would collapse. I will always be pissed about how this game is being treated as a "negative influence". This was the first game with a true story used in making a point. People were not supposed to be entertained by this. It was to SHOW RESPECT to the Marines. The petition is useless with an amazing 21 signatures.

Offline Junkie Mater

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 11:24:39 AM »
*facepalm* Oh for Christ's sake, Bieber has no influence in politics, absolutely none.  The little bastard is only 16.

Well, now he's 16, but at 18 or 21 he may be influential in politics, even making the US-Canada split.

Mike_W

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
Yeah, okay. I seriously doubt it.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 11:55:47 AM »
I don't think he knows what politics are.

Offline Junkie Mater

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 12:15:41 PM »
Or he may do it unintentionally.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »
Unintentionally I can see. He wouldn't see himself doing it when it happens. Doing it with intentions I don't see. I don't think he can. I see 22 signatures on the petition. WOW! We need more. A lot more for any chance.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:26:29 PM by cobra elite »