News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Random subtitle appearing?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
Random subtitle appearing?
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »
Anyone else had subtitles appearing randomly for dialogue that is not scripted and said during free roam?

Today I was just enjoying watching Russell facing the preps until he said "Slow down so Russell can smash you!", and it appeared on a subtitle. I was caught off guard and it disappeared before I could get a screencap, but I swear I saw it. It wasn't a mission, I was playing on a 100% save file.

I also remember seeing this happening a long time ago on the PS2. I was on Chapter 2 and returning to the boys dorm at night from a mission that involved pissing off the preps (I believe it was "The Eggs"), but on free roam. Then I run into Gord, who attacked since my prep respect was low, and his attack line appeared on subtitles (I think it was "you're going back to the poor house"). I was surprised, believing it was a scripted attack outside a mission, but this never happened again until now, which is like 5 or 6 years later. So this appears to be an extremely rare glitch.

Anyone else had random and unscripted NPC dialogue appearing on subtitles?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:23:05 PM by PainTrain »

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Random subtitle appearing?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »
Hm... can't say this has ever happened to me. That's strange, but then again this game has a lot of seemingly one-off oddities.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:09:09 AM »
Did to me..Eventually when I meet Pete after certain events in the game (ex: Beginning of Chpt.4)..No idea why they're there

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
Very rarely yes it has happened to me. Maybe it is if the audio cannot load, the subtitle just shows instead? Because when it happened to me I didn't hear them say it either.

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »
it happened to me too
But it only  happened for Russel, he will speak and the subtitle will printed out
I guess it just the glicth from Russel boss fight
and btw, never seen it for the other peds, though

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
Did to me..Eventually when I meet Pete after certain events in the game (ex: Beginning of Chpt.4)..No idea why they're there
Now that you mention it that sounds familiar... that certain text happens right after cutscenes. Now I want to test it out...

But to have text appear randomly during normal gameplay? Nuh uh.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »
Only with some specific characters...I believe it happened to me with Russell as well...Not sure though.