News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Gay couples?  (Read 5397 times)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Gay couples?
« on: July 31, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »
If there's one thing that I have learned from Bully it's that love is in the air.
For example: Jimmy and Zoe (+ every girl in the school), Johnny and Lola, Trent and Kirby, Eunice and Sheldon, Watts and Edna, Miss Philips and Galloway, Crabblesnitch and Miss Danvers, Beatrice and The nerds and so on.

One thing that has caught my eye is that everyone loves someone or atleast have a crush on someone.
No matter of gender or looks, love does its thing. Well for most *shivers on thought of Edna and Watts*.

Many times I have seem women holding hands, men holding hands and I can't help but wonder why.
I mean, it's great and all that R* adds a bit more diverse love to the game, but it has got them in a small bit of trouble.

What do you think?

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
Re: Gay couples?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
Probably just because Rockstar thrives on controversy. Just another thing for people to talk about. 8)

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:31:20 PM »
Programming oversight is what I think when it comes to adult men/women holding hands with the same sex.

Everyone else is also a result of programming. I guess R★ wanted it to be that way? I mean what's high school without making out and holding hands and shit.

Whether it's a real romantic interest or not, I turn to audio files, stuff that's happened during the story, and such.

Offline Binky

• Your friendly neighborhood perverted boy lady man thing >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
Possibly a slight off topic mini rant about games in genral but oh well

I think they should have 'embraced' gay relationships more. If they want society to accept gay people more, why is it a 'controversy' and age ratings for gays in films/books/games?
I know they may have been trying to reflect school life, but there's more than 3, 4 people in school who are gay/in the closet.
I think they should have advanced on gay dates & couples (such as Trent & Kirby), making them slightly more obvious and 'known'.
What I'm basically trying to say is that they shouldn't have made the teenagers 'ashamed' of being gay. They should've have had teenage boys and girls holding hands/kissing/dating, so it seemed more normal.

I hope that made sense and sorry for my essay

Mike_W

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »
I mean what's high school without making out and holding hands and shit.

My HS experience...*cough*

Offline Roxie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
and mine. *coughs so hard she keels over and dies*

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
And mine.

BUT YOU GET MY POINT, GUYS.

Now I'm off to take 971 years to reply to Binky's post up there. :V

Offline Roxie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »
Binky's post was pretty ace.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
Probably a programming thing.
like when you see Christy kissing boys, it is probably randomized upon all adults. On kids I think they managed to script it so it's always boyxgirl not boyxboy or girlxgirl. (Unless Jimmy gives flowers to a boy)
I'd imagine the shock some people would get seeing Lola snogging Pinky.

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »
That'd be hot.

If they want society to accept gay people more, why is it a 'controversy' and age ratings for gays in films/books/games?
Because people are dickheads.

I know they may have been trying to reflect school life, but there's more than 3, 4 people in school who are gay/in the closet.
Especially since there's like, no girls in Bullworth. Still, besides the obvious bi boys of each clique, I feel there's a few more.
Troy (derrr), Peter, and Justin. It's his voice. And his constant talking about the jocks, esp. Ted. And then there's poor removed Bob who was like super ghey.
Also Earnest while doing his speech was kind of an "uh...?" moment. Talkin' 'bout how fine Ted is. Everyone is gay for Ted.
There's also Larry who is kind of Johnny-sexual?

... moving on.

I think they should have advanced on gay dates & couples (such as Trent & Kirby), making them slightly more obvious and 'known'.
What I'm basically trying to say is that they shouldn't have made the teenagers 'ashamed' of being gay. They should've have had teenage boys and girls holding hands/kissing/dating, so it seemed more normal.
Well with Trent and Kirby, I feel it has to do with their respected cliques. Seriously, if you were a part of an all male group of tough bullies/jocks, would you want them to know you swing that way? You'd probably be disowned. And maybe beat up. Just like real life.

As for boys holding hands with other dudes... I would think this would just apply to the bisexual guys, since it'd be weird if like, Gordon was holding hands with Omar or something. But I'd like to think all the bi boys hate each other.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:35:16 AM by Hayley »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
Baby Steps, Hay-Lo.  These things take time.

Mike_W

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
You can't just present society with a drastic change and expect things to change on a dime.

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »
No shit.

But I'm going to stay away from this subject because I don't want this to turn into (another) debate. Besides, I didn't even say anything about it.

(Unless this is about the dickhead comment but come on there's plenty of them no matter which topic you look at.)

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
Whatever guys, society can kiss my ass.  If it were up to most people (at the time) slavery would have never ended, women wouldn't be able to vote, etc.  Some things need to be fought for and to hell with the ignorant opinions of the privileged.  Anything worth a damn is usually going to involve a struggle.  Period.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »
Yeah, some people would have a problem with it.
R* probably wanted to add it but with discretion.
The only gay couples shown are random townsfolk and Trent and Kirby (mission Movie tickets)