News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: No Detention Mod or Prefects Can't Bust You Mod?  (Read 4166 times)

Offline TrollFace

• mmmmm
  • hmmmm
    • View Profile
No Detention Mod or Prefects Can't Bust You Mod?
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
My second request of the day ;)

Is it possible to make a mod where you skip detention after you are busted (class as well)? Or possibly a mod where prefects can grab you, but you never actually get busted.

I wouldn't want to disable them. Just keep them there so I can try and attack them without getting grabbed.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: No Detention Mod or Prefects Can't Bust You Mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:32:04 PM »
Do you just want to disable the trouble meter?

Offline TrollFace

• mmmmm
  • hmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
Do you just want to disable the trouble meter?

I wouldn't say disable it, but rather have a way to prevent it from reaching red or make the prefects able to grab you, but no matter how long they hold onto you, you won't get busted. You would have an unlimited time to escape.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:56 PM »
I think I know of a way to keep the trouble meter from reaching red, but I can't enable that in free roam just yet, just through an executable script.

As for the unlimited time to be in a grapple hold, I think Act controls that, but that can't be edited safely yet.

Offline TrollFace

• mmmmm
  • hmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
Alright, thanks anyway. At least I know that it is possible, so that's good :)

And how about the "no detention" mod? Maybe it is possible to set Jimmy's spawn location after he gets busted. Unfortunately, I don't even know how to do that yet :P

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »
Never looked into a way to disable detention. Not yet, anyways.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:03:34 AM »
I can release a modified library script that disables being busted globally but that will take a little time to test and make sure it works.

The biggest hurdle with doing this is it usually can be only done on a per script basis since many scripts will override free roam stuff when you are in a mission ....but I think I can get some things working but this will just take a little extra time and testing.

Doing this as a specific executable mission using lua is very simple since it is really just one line of code that enables or disables punishments (detentions) and what happens is while you can still be busted....you simply just slide out of the grasp of the person busting you and they will attempt to bust you again...unless you run away from them or hide to lower the meter.

I also can disable the meter globally too but that also will take time and testing to make sure it works properly and is not overridden by another script.