News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Not making Bully 2 wont make Rockstar go broke.....  (Read 3448 times)

Offline BPAC

• View Profile
Not making Bully 2 wont make Rockstar go broke.....
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:03:03 PM »
I dont know if you even care, but one sat back claiming that Rockstar was going to go broke all becuase Bully was a flop. Umm last time I checked guess what? It dont take them long to come out with an game.

Not to meniton its not like it HAS to be GTA related nor a format to it.

Table tennius

Midnight club (As the remix)

GTA's (Including the one's on the PSP's)

Max Payne

L.A Norie

Bully

Looking at those latest and greatest you really think Rockstar is going to go broke off of ONE game? Does it take money to make a game? Yes. Does Rockstar KNOW what the gamers are going to play? Yeah they do.

Are they willing to take a risk? Ummm fuck no! lol and im pround to state that. How many other game company's can safely say there game has gotten flack? LOL

And then you wonder why rockstar pays there employee's so damn good. lol just to sit around and make a game. Your going to sit back and say GTA IV isnt going to be good?

Lets not get on what rockstar has plans for XBOX Live....LMAO

Rockstar is just going to grow as a company just like Bungie is for the Halo series. Like there idea's of a game is going to run out? LOL

OMG Rockstar when broke becuz they dont have any more idea's for a game! LOL (Scarcasim) You've got to be fucking kidden me. As long as they got a good staff that's committed to making the games, that's all you need.

I rather have 5 people that's willing to do the task set before them. Then 10 people who are asshole's who just act like they know what they are doing, who just bullshit.

Yep, that was my rant for the day.......im out!

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:43:15 PM »
I don't understand you at all...

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:09:56 PM »
..Go get em' tiger.

Offline Hopkins93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »
of course they wont go bust. But they still wont do it

Offline Mountain King

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
You know they say there aren't any plans now for a Bully sequal, but it wouldnt suprise me if next year or the following it pops up. Zone of the Enders is a good example. The first one was interesting, but not too great. It sold well for the wrong reasons ( i.e MGS2 Demo) a few years later they made ZoE 2, which in comparison is absolutely amazing. Now fast forward another few years, Kojima was quoted as saying that hopefully by the time MGS4 and ZoE 3 are completed the PS3 will be more afordable for everyone. If  you look at the time between all 3 of the ZoE games, the first in itself was a flop , and the 2nd was a huge improvement. I guess in short what I am trying to say is, even though there is no word on a sequal  currently they may just suprise you. =)

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »
Quote from: Hopkins93;28849
of course they wont go bust. But they still wont do it

Aye, they wont go bust, as they have so many other hit games.

But dude,
What evidence do you have that they wont make a new one? It could just based a few years later with a new main character and some new NPC's and maybe the little kids have grown (E.G An elder Sheldon) But, there is  no proof of either.

No offence or anything, its just no one knows if they will bring one out or not, so you people saying they wont don't know what your talking about aswell as the ones that say there will be too.

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »
You surely like to use words like LOL. Wasn't Bully a success? They were on first place on Gamespot, I don't know I'm asking. And you should work on being a bit more understandable in your posts.

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:07:59 PM »
Explain whos that is aimed at McHaggis. I don't really understand it.

Offline bu!!y

• View Profile
    • http://www.setbb.com/flam3r
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 04:32:36 PM »
man id love to see a bully 2.if #1 was this cool imagine wat #2 would be like

Offline Woodnote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 11:00:21 PM »
Must resist...urge...to...edit...
BAH!
Quote from: ddrplayer4life;28807
I don't know if you even care, but one setback claiming that Rockstar was going to go broke because Bully was a flop. Umm, last time I checked - guess what? It doesn't take them long to come out with an game.

Not to meniton its not like it has to be GTA related nor a format to it.

Table Tennis

Midnight club (As the remix)

GTAs (Including the ones on the PSP's)

Max Payne

L.A Noire

Bully

Looking at those latest and greatest you really think Rockstar is going to go broke off of one game? Does it take money to make a game? Yes. Does Rockstar know what the gamers are going to play? Yeah, they do.

Are they willing to take a risk? Fuck no! I'm pround to state that for some reason. How many other game companies can safely say their game has gotten flack?

Then you wonder why Rockstar pays their employees so damn good. Just to sit around and make a game. You're going to sit back and say GTA IV isn't going to be good?

Let's not get on what Rockstar has plans for Xbox Live...

Rockstar is just going to grow as a company just like Bungie is for the Halo series. Like there idea's of a game is going to run out?

Rockstar will be broke because they won't have any more idea's for a game!  (Sarcasm) You've got to be fucking kidding me. As long as they got a good staff that's committed to making the games, that's all you need.

I rather have five people that's willing to do the task set before them. Then ten people who are assholes who just act like they know what they are doing who are just yes men.

Yep, that was my rant for the day, I'm out!

Ah, sorry. :oops:
Rants are one thing that should be logical, well written, and thought provoking. Oh wait...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:05:19 PM by Woodnote »

Offline Stabbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 07:44:27 AM »
Jesus Christ.

"I dont understand a word you just said!"