News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: What We Would Like To See In Bully 2  (Read 323623 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Re: What We Would Like To See In Bully 2
« Reply #825 on: December 06, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
One idea I thought of was a helicopter, but then I thought it was kinda extreme.

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 06, 2011, 09:58:45 AM »
Fact is the theme at Bullworth was violence rules all. Gary tried to take advantage of that although I think Gary was a crap manupilator and mostly everyone else was just stupid to listen to him, i.e idiot balls (amongst other things who'd listen to a known sociopath... now really...).

Now I like the characters at Bullworth but agree if a game does take place there again (or not) Jimmy cannot be the protaganist. If it's at Bullworth, they have to move him out of the school which creates a power vaccum as everyone tries to fight for position. If not and they start fresh (which I think would be a minor shame) Jimmy should still not be the hero.

Personally I like the characters at Bullworth a lot (the supporting cast, not Jimmy and Gary) so I'd like to see some of them again and I'd like another school and a second playable character who attends another school, this idea isn't exactly new since I posted it a while ago.

Their stories run similar to how Sonic Adventure 2 ran with Hero and Dark in that you never know everything that's going on until you play both stories though there is enough with one side, and then they join together at the end.

Now back to the villain and his fighting abilities.

Fact is taking over the school alone would be very difficult. Force alone does not achieve very much. It would not be believeable or a very fun plot if all you had to do was remove some muscle head to beat the game.

The guy has to have some sort of manupilative tool and therefore perhaps the best way to make it believeable is to have two villains, especially if you have two heroes. The first is the main villain, a fair fighter himself but definately a good manupilator who drives the plot while the latter is the physical threat. Somewhat similar to Derby and Bif.

Most of all however, you need a real reason why you can't just beat the main villain up from the start and call it a day. There was never any real reason why Jimmy couldn't have done this to Gary other than 'Jimmy thought he was a bigger problem but never really explained why' then 'Gary's not a problem at all?' lol wut?

There's two ways this can be achieved:
a) the hero does not consider the villain a threat or does not know who is really responsible for the plots problems. The villain might even be friendly to the hero until it's clear he is responsible or it is time to make their move. I was considering posting my idea to rewrite Bully 1 this way so its plot comes off a bit better but so many people seem to like Gary so whatever...

b) The consequences for beating up the villain would be disasterous. Perhaps the villain is already head boy, or has a lot of sway with the people at the school and no one believes they are responsible for the problems even though the hero knows otherwise. I.e villain with good publicity. The only way they'd deal with that is waiting for them to play their hand while in the mean time trying to rally people (by force mostly) to their side while at the same time dealing with the problems the hero is facing at the school.

Do I think about plots too much?

now THAT is an idea. a boat would be a great addition to that game. actualy ive been working on my own version of what i think the second bully should be, complete with areas, charracters,and cliques(shows you how boring mylife is) and for the second clique boss fight i was gonna have it so that you fought rodney(their leader) on his yacht

I'm interested in new cliques. Fact is for the life of me, I can't come up with good names for the cliques.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:06:46 AM by Peachrocks »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 06, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
By all means, no...Plots to me are the thing.  Without plots it's just mindless gameplay.  That's Ok for a 5-yr. old, but I like the challenge of figuring things out. 

I wonder if an evil 'Super Clique' would work.  A clique that controlled the entire school already when you arrive on the scene (Isn't that a bit closer to RL ?).  You would be forced to beat the members, one by one, until you would finally battle the all-powerful evil leader.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
This is what I had in mind for my own idea. At least the part of a 'clique already in control of the school'.

Beating them wouldn't work though, if they have that much control and influence things could get ugly for the hero fast :). A more subtle apporach is needed, the source of their power needs to be removed/weakened first. By mostly violence of course but not so directly.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 06, 2011, 10:37:38 AM »
Such as....Gathering people to the hero's side and undermining their power structure with acts of sabotage ?

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »
That sounds like the use of influence more than anything. Using the enemy's own people against him by manipulating them.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 06, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
Well one thing that bothered me in Bully 1 is that Jimmy was on rails and so was the respect system.

Ideally, the player should know what the problem is and chose from a variety of ways, cliques and playstyles to interact with to achieve their ends. Some missions might involve sabotaging a certain cliques 'something' or 'event' while being part of that clique or having that cliques interests in mind would mean preventing your enemies from achieving what they want. It would also involve a multiplayer aspect where players could play cooperatively or against one another such as in the above scenario.

One of the classes would be history and the bonus for passing it, being able to replay certain parts of the game, each level allowing something new to be replayed (missions, mini games, etc.)

Offline kvzm-and-zenan

• last living spectre
  • i'm so awesome, that im legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 06, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »
i like these ideas. and your right peach we need more than one antagonist. i already said the we need a group of like seven guys that are controlling the school and influencing the cliques to fight and be violent(well more violent anyway)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 06, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Well one thing that bothered me in Bully 1 is that Jimmy was on rails and so was the respect system.

I don't like when any game is on rails. I think a lot of developers have started to move FAR away from that. They want things a bit more open to players. As tech changes so will games. The PS3 was a big leap in tech and game changes.

Offline kvzm-and-zenan

• last living spectre
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 06, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
i agree

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 06, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
The PS3 has also brought the use of next generation graphics to use in games. The PS4 is coming. Who knows what that will bring to the table.

The introduction of that console will cause a change in the way games are developed though....

Offline kvzm-and-zenan

• last living spectre
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 06, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
jeez the way the ps3 already looks, the ps4 will make games look like real life "is that a game or my grampa? o wait its the game nevermind" XD

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 06, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »
It has always been the objective of the game industry to bring game graphics as close as they can to that reality/fiction line. They seem to get better and better. 

The improvement of consoles and graphics quality is just half of the job. The developers who make the games and their equipment are the other half.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 06, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
i like these ideas. and your right peach we need more than one antagonist. i already said the we need a group of like seven guys that are controlling the school and influencing the cliques to fight and be violent(well more violent anyway)

Well violence shouldn't be the only thing going on. Keep in mind, human nature alone will allow things to be 'bad' at a place without much pushing.

Take Bullworth for example. Without any input from Jimmy or Gary the following goes on.

- Jocks and Bullies bully the nerds.
- Greasers and Preppies hate each other
- Townies hate everyone else
- Nerds are backstabbing twats

You don't need an all powerful clique to make the story work and if anything it might make the story needlessly complicated. If the heroes only job is take out a super clique it might be a bit stale, especially because as soon as the hero makes a move on one of its members, one would logically think the others would move together to remove the threat. Else you've got idiot balls/idiot plot in the mix (the characters won't do the logical/rational thing because the writer doesn't want them to) which should be avoided at all cost.

One of the things that works with Bully is the fact you deal with very different people all the time. Having one super clique would remove that, unless the super clique has a source of power that depends on other things (people or outside influences) which are more easily dealt with.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:49:33 AM by Peachrocks »

Offline kvzm-and-zenan

• last living spectre
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 06, 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
no what im trying to say is they arnt a clique. they are 4 guys, some who use brute force like russell,and some who are fast talkers like gary, who are controlling the school and making the cliques more hostile towards each other so they fight almost all the time, and they're doing it for fun. theres seven guys because theres one manipipulating each clique into fighting with each other and amongst themselves, but the seventh guy(theres only sic cliques but seven guys) is manipulating the manipulators. and no one knows this and that is why you have to take out each clique. you dont no some one is controlling it til the end. and when you find out you go after him.