News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Idea's for a competition?  (Read 12378 times)

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
Idea's for a competition?
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 12:02:02 PM »
OMG.. who the hell cares? C'mon guys this is exactly what I'm talking about - it cant be fair to everyone cause then it becomes rediculous. This forum is in English.. so 99-100% of us do speak the language.

I hope you were joking..

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »
Quote from: djrussell;9689
OMG.. who the hell cares? C'mon guys this is exactly what I'm talking about - it cant be fair to everyone cause then it becomes rediculous. This forum is in English.. so 99-100% of us do speak the language.

I hope you were joking..

Actually, i'm not.

Of course the members that speak english have more developed writing skills, than the members that don't speak english.

I think that's obvious :roll:

djrussell, i would like to see you writing a text in portuguese, the language of my country, do you wanna try?????

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »
I dont know portuguese - but obviously you know English so whats the big deal?

And everyone here speaks English.. i mean c'mon, if we cant agree that writing out a short story in english is acceptable - then we might as well give up cause there is no way we're ever gonna come to an agreement on anything.

Someone suggests arcade: "oh but im not good at games..", create an alternative Bully cover: "but im no good with graphics".. write a short story on anything bully related: "But what about those that cant speak English?"..

This aint gonna work.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 01:41:55 PM »
For example your vocabulary is a lot more developed than mine, so you have an advantage.

I know english, but i don't know enough to write an excellent text, that's what i'm trying to say.

I still think the arcade is a better solution, videogames are universal.

And if people are registered in this forum is because they like videogames, and they must have some sort of gaming skills.

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 02:55:32 PM »
Yeah, but you can cheat at those arcade games. For example, in Simon, do you really think I memorized all of those colors? No.

I wrote them down on a piece of paper and quit when I was bored.

For the skill games, Speedgear is the big cheat mod thing. It allows you to go faster while other components (the time in Crazy Closet, for example) are at a slowed pace. It would be so easy to just download it and own everyone else's score.

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 02:59:04 PM »
Going along with what Justin said, why don't we write an essay about who should deserve the free Bully memorabilia?

I mean, it wouldn't be that hard even if you don't speak English.

Don't complain either. Everyone here can at least type English, shown by your obvious posting on the board. Besides, I go to Spanish every day and speak in a different language. I'm a novice when it comes to writing in Spanish, but I can do enough to get an A.

You should too.

(Sorry for double post)

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 04:08:58 PM »
Ok, enough bullshit, DGAF i have an idea:

You could make a poll with all the ideas for the competition and the most voted idea... you know the rest

Some people won't be happy with the decision, but it's the majority's choice

What do you think????? :D

Offline thebullykid

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 04:10:19 PM »
I like it since we all have great ideas

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 04:41:55 PM »
Ok, enough bullshit, DGAF i have an idea:

You could make a poll with all the ideas for the competition and the most voted idea... you know the rest

Some people won't be happy with the decision, but it's the majority's choice

What do you think????? :D

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 04:47:47 PM »
No, because that would start a civil war. Just let DGAF choose. No questions asked.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 05:31:19 PM »
Quote from: Manbearpig;9737
No, because that would start a civil war. Just let DGAF choose. No questions asked.

If somebody doesn't like the poll's decision they are always free to leave the forum, nobody is forcing them to be here.

Same thing with the presidential elections, if you don't like the new president you have 2 options: you can shut up and accept the decision or you leave the country, you don't start bullshit.

So simple as that :D

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »
yea well unlike somepeople i like to stand up for myself

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »
I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for yourself, everybody wants a different type of competition, and that is making this competition hard to realize.

That's why a poll about the type of competition would solve all this problems.

If the poll about the competition goes ahead, you're already standing up for yourself when you vote, cuz you're making a difference and giving your opinion.

Jesus, all this shit about the competition makes me sound like a fucking presidential candidate :x

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »
Yeah, but if we do it, then it will cause a lot of flaming. One guy will be like: "OMG THATZ A DUMB IDEA." Then another guy will be like: "OMFG SHUT THE FUCKZ UP UR A DUMASS!!!!111"

If we just let DGAF choose, then we won't have a board wasting space and it can just be done with a snap of the fingers.

Offline thebullykid

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »
since we cannot agree how about just giving me the t-shirt??? jk Im all for a poll of some sort