News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Idea's for a competition?  (Read 12381 times)

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
Idea's for a competition?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 05:42:31 AM »
Thats not a bad idea actually.. the arcade hero :p its fair to everyone.. so all you gotta do is hold the most awards for the games. If its a draw then just have a stand off - the first person to get one more award to their belt within a certain time limit.

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 07:26:35 AM »
The only thing i dont like about the arcade idea is that it will get loads of people bashing the games at once and it chomps my bandwidth! It's cool when people are using it now and again but if i get like 20 people using it all day then it will probably knock the site down :shock: :D

Also, some people arn't too good at Arcade games so the comp will be inaccesable to them.

Quote from: thebullykid

how about handing out free t-shirts to all???

dude do you really need a t-shirt so badly!:p

Nah, i dont think i could find 300 t-shirts and then pay for postage to each and every one of you. Thats probably gonna wipe out my bank account!

You're on the right lines though...

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 08:08:07 AM »
Yeah true but.. we cant be fair to everyone man.. I mean you just gotta do your best. Otherwise they'll always be someone or a couple of people on here that cant do whatevers suggested.. and if they cant play games then they suck big time :p

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 09:04:47 AM »
Quote from: DGAF;9555
Also, some people arn't too good at Arcade games so the comp will be inaccesable to them.

DGAF, that's obvious... ok, some people aren't too good at Arcade games.

But if you pick another type of competition, of course there are people that aren't good at that too.

And if you think like that, you will never find a competition that pleases every member.

That's why if you want something you have to learn and adapt to the situation, i mean if a member wants to win the competition he will have to learn how to play an arcade game.

So simple as that, learn and adapt to the situation to achieve something.

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 09:22:02 AM »
Hmmm ok, I see what you guys are sayin, but then there's still the bandwidth problem if everyone mashed the arcades at once.

Any other ideas?

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 10:39:25 AM »
Okay, on account of bandwidth arcade is outta the question - thats fine.. Umm.. what about cover design or something? Create the box art for bully or something.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »
Quote from: DGAF;9569
Hmmm ok, I see what you guys are sayin, but then there's still the bandwidth problem if everyone mashed the arcades at once.

Any other ideas?

You could solve the bandwidth problem by letting a small group of members try their luck for a day, then in the next day you do the same thing with another small group of members, and so on.

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »
Box art? art isnt my best quality.... shouldnt all the scores reset? i mean if someone (lets just say me) has already a few awards, then they really wouldnt have to do too much. plus it would have to be a new arade game, something thats diff from all these simple arcade games. ooooo, how about every one downloads soldat, and we can have an all out deathmatch to see who wins!!

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 03:31:22 PM »
No, we should all go on Pawngame, have a deathmatch, and I'd win. lol

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 04:08:57 PM »
so the prize is the Bully T-shirt, thats pretty cool, and i would imagine hard to find. Howd you get the shirt DGAF?

Offline thebullykid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »
Quote from: DGAF;9555
The only thing i dont like about the arcade idea is that it will get loads of people bashing the games at once and it chomps my bandwidth! It's cool when people are using it now and again but if i get like 20 people using it all day then it will probably knock the site down :shock: :D

dude do you really need a t-shirt so badly!:p

Nah, i dont think i could find 300 t-shirts and then pay for postage to each and every one of you. Thats probably gonna wipe out my bank account!

You're on the right lines though...

hey I tried

Offline maniac*4321

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 08:36:41 PM »
Like dgaf was saying, it needs to be fair for
everyone, conserning how well they play the
game or not. Everyone is better at different
things then other people. So... I think (since
it is not possible to pick something that everyone
is equally good at) I think we should take a vote
that lasts up to like 10 days, asking people what
they would rather have the comp. about. Which
ever vote wins, that is what the comp. will be about.

Offline Justin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »
Well you can't be fair to everyone because everyone has such varied interests and skills, so I have a suggestion that I think every member would at least be able to attempt.

You could require the members to write an essay on a subject relating to the game and the writer of the best essay would win the competition. Some possible subjects include debating problem issues that arise with a game like Bully, creating a fantasy final mission, writing a prologue (introduction) that explains in more detail to why Jimmy is at Bullworth, and writing about how this game will affect the gaming industry.

I actualy considered this for the competition on BF, but I decided to go with something else in the end. At least with the writing, it is something every member could do.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 05:16:33 AM »
Yeah sounds alright. Now everyone will at least be able to do that. And if you cant - then you really do suck cause all it is is writing.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 08:48:17 AM »
Quote from: djrussell;9671
Yeah sounds alright. Now everyone will at least be able to do that. And if you cant - then you really do suck cause all it is is writing.

Don't forget the members that are from countries where people don't speak english.

They can't write as well as the members that speak english :roll: