News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Animation selector + auto bind  (Read 8088 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Animation selector + auto bind
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:50:38 PM »
Well... after seeing all the same ideas over and over again I decided to make something kinda new to share with you.

Basically this is a menu with all the fighting moves I could find and other animations provided in the lua nodes stickied thread, but with the exception that you can bind the actions in-game instead of having to compile the script all the time. Also you can try all kind of weird combinations and discover the most overpowered fighting style of all time!  :P

The controls are the arrow keys to navigate the menu and use X (look behind) to select the move you want. After selecting it you can bind it to one of the following buttons or buttons combinations:

Shift (melee attack)
Alt (sprint)
R (grapple)
C (crouch)
Alt + C
Shift + C

If you want to clear your keys just press X and then spacebar.

One problem I have encountered is that some attacks finishers overlap with other attacks. Let's say you bind the dropouts main combo to alt (which final hit can only be done with shift despite the button binded) and then bind the bullies gut kick to shift. After the second hit of the dropouts combo you will perform the bullies gut kick instead of the dropouts double axe handle when pressing shift.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nhdf6swe36uvn5t/Animation+selector.rar

Sorry there are not screens, maybe later...

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
Re: Animation selector + auto bind
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:38 PM »
Good mod, did you include the source? xD
P.S. I'm on my phone.

Offline boyser

• Wazzzuuupppp
  • THE REAL G IS ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »
Can you include the source?

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »
Can you include the source?

Good mod, did you include the source? xD
P.S. I'm on my phone.

niggas tryin to use it as a template LMAO, good job tho deadpool

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 03:43:45 PM »
Sorry but I won't upload the source yet...There are still some things that I want to fix.

I only created 3 functions to make the script work. A function that loads all the animations groups, a function that contain the table I used to store all the action nodes and the main function which is the one that does all the work (text, button binds, etc).

I read these tutorials by unknownsoldier and daboss to make the basic menu and to create a table:

http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=22170.0

http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=21324.0

Thanks dude, hope to see you modding again soon.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »
I made some functions for setting custom controls in the new Super Mod that may help for this as well.

Code: [Select]
function GetButtonPressed()
for c = 0,1 do -- Only check controller 1 & 2 (raise the 1 if you want to check more)
for b = 0,15 do -- Check buttons 0 to 15
if IsButtonPressed(b,c) then
return b,c
end
end
end
return -1,-1 -- If there was no values returned by the end of the function, return -1 for no button on no controller
end

function GetButtonBeingPressed()
for c = 0,1 do -- Only check controller 1 & 2 (raise the 1 if you want to check more)
if IsButtonBeingPressed(b,c) then
return b,c
end
end
end
return -1,-1 -- If there was no values returned by the end of the function, return -1 for no button on no controller
end

function GetButtonBeingReleased()
if IsButtonBeingReleased(b,c) then
return b,c
end
end
end
end

It returns 2 values, the button pressed/released, and on what controller.

Example...

attackButton,attackController = GetButtonBeingPressed()

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »
Sorry but I won't upload the source yet...There are still some things that I want to fix.

I only created 3 functions to make the script work. A function that loads all the animations groups, a function that contain the table I used to store all the action nodes and the main function which is the one that does all the work (text, button binds, etc).

I read these tutorials by unknownsoldier and daboss to make the basic menu and to create a table:

http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=22170.0

http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=21324.0

Thanks dude, hope to see you modding again soon.

do u have xfirE?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
do u have xfirE?

I left xfire last year because all the drama.  :(

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »
Hey, what node you used for the J_Grappler_A 2 punch combo? I figured with that node, you can control when you do the first or second punch.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 08:40:31 PM »
Hey, what node you used for the J_Grappler_A 2 punch combo? I figured with that node, you can control when you do the first or second punch.

It's exactly the same node that I posted in the lua nodes thread, but I figured out how to fix the "automatic followup attack" bug.

If you bind a "LightAttacks" type attack (let's say the p_striker_a combo) to Alt then jimmy will perform the rest of the moves automatically. If you bind a "HeavyAttacks" type attack to Shift (j_grappler_a combo) then the same thing happens. So if you want to use only the first punch from a fighting move then you have to bind the light attack to any key except Alt and the heavy attack to any key except Shift.

TL;DR Bind j_grappler_a combo to alt key = manual follow up, bind j_grappler_a combo to shift key = auto followup. Applies to all attacks

EDIT: Forgot to mention this applies only if you changed your AI to a boss AI.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:45:44 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »

It's exactly the same node that I posted in the lua nodes thread, but I figured out how to fix the "automatic followup attack" bug.

If you bind a "LightAttacks" type attack (let's say the p_striker_a combo) to Alt then jimmy will perform the rest of the moves automatically. If you bind a "HeavyAttacks" type attack to Shift (j_grappler_a combo) then the same thing happens. So if you want to use only the first punch from a fighting move then you have to bind the light attack to any key except Alt and the heavy attack to any key except Shift.

TL;DR Bind j_grappler_a combo to alt key = manual follow up, bind j_grappler_a combo to shift key = auto followup. Applies to all attacks

The node for the J_Grappler_A 2 punch that you posted in the LUA Nodes section doesn't even work.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 12:14:50 PM »
The node for the J_Grappler_A 2 punch that you posted in the LUA Nodes section doesn't even work.

Are you even trying? I actually tried every single node that I posted in the nodes section just to make sure that they work. If a node didn't work I added a "/..." at the end so there is no way that the j_grappler_a node doesn't work.
You can even hexedit this mod and you will see that I used the same node.

Also I said that this only works with the boss AI change.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:37:36 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »
Good job ^^

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 09:10:25 PM »

Sorry for the bump but I tried doing it but it just does the auto followup.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »

I've been trying for months now and I still get that fucking follow-up. It's just frustrating. I have been trying to get this first punch on my first week of Bully modding. And that node you posted in the Lua nodes section was the follow up punch. The first punch didn't even appear.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:08:45 PM by AfterLife »