News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Is Bully Modding dying?  (Read 23394 times)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Is Bully Modding dying?
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »
Quite recently, we have had a ton of new and old modders leave the modding side of Bully.
Mainly because it's still very limiting, but also due to drama/getting bored with the game/running out of ideas.

The one thing that worries me a bit would be the possibility of modding dying out?
If we do get Bully 2, then my prediction would be that we would have yet another flock of people interested in modding.

But right now, we're losing a ton of good people. Most of them are still around the board, but some of they can only be reached on xfire, Twitter, Facebook or occasionally in the Youtube comment section.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Is Bully Modding dying?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »
Yes, it is. Many people are leaving due to boredom, busy with other things, and other things.

However if we modders that haven't left (Me, SWEGTA, c00l, etc) make some good fun mods that show how fun modding this game can be we can revive it. A multiplayer mod is guaranteed to do just that but I don't think any of us have the skills to do that yet. Some mission mods may do the trick. I want to make a mission creator application (Sort of like ultimate pasta but easier for people and made for missions) which will let you make missions without even knowing LUA. It will generate a script for you. This idea was not my own, c00l had the idea and I added some onto it. If he doesn't mind I'll make the app though since I know more in C. I think he only knows LUA.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »
I don't know.

I believe people just don't wanna mod because they find Lua a  hassle to deal with or just get bored of the game.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »
Modding is pretty much dying. One of the best if not the best modder is very inactive lately due to personal issues, and many people know him. Madman.

I'm leaving for 3 reasons.
1) Boredom
2) No more ideas
3) a slow computer

I wont make a topic because barely anyone knows me and I'm new.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:01:16 AM »
I might make another tutorial,  since that actually got BOSS into modding if I recall correctly.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:05 AM »
It did, I wanted to make a new video tutorial too but I never got to it. I made a new LUA tutorial just today if you want to take your info off there as it covers a lot of stuff. The tutorial is here.

Also speaking of people quitting, c00l doesn't want to admit it but he is pretty much done it seems. He is always bored of it and playing samp all the time. Also he's not as active as he used to be on BB it seems. At least not on topics I go to.

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »
^Well, Daboss. It's not just like that.

I'll be talking about me now. Sometimes, I do things just fine and suddenly, I get bored of them. The best thing to do is to forget about this thing for a week or 2, then I'll find myself returning to it by myself since I miss it. Examples for this include the SOB, my and C00l's story. Sometimes, I want to write a 100 paragraphs, but I just get bored sometimes, so I just leave it and return to it after some days. Another example is this essay I've been writing for 3 weeks now. :P

I think that C00l is just like me, so he'll just return to modding after some time. Just give him time, and he'll return by himself.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 09:35:20 AM »
It's been most of this summer. He's been playing SAMP most of the time. His Russell Mod hasn't been worked on in a very long time, and when he does work on it he still gets bored. I also thought it was because he was burnt out on that mod and was bored of it and to try something else. So he did that today, got bored before he even wrote an executable script (I was team viewing him)

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »
Well I got bored cuz it took us 40 minutes to actually start doing something.
We just kept wasting time with boring stuff.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
I'm still moddin =p

Offline riki2cool

• The most festive member
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 02:18:13 PM »
I'd like to make some sort of new cliqué with some new missions (Maybe replacing the dropouts since you can't add any new peds to the game, right?)

Would be cool if they could use a fighting style that utilises most of the moves in game already, like Jimmy's body blow to uppercut move, or maybe J_Melee_A's unused tackle attack.

Too bad I have no experience in LUA scripting, and I'm too lazy to learn what's necessary for such a big mod.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
Im not bitten yet .  Im a survivor!  These zombies cant do anything. .........

Im still modding. 

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 11:13:47 PM »
For me bully modding isn't dying. It is just that the super mod has changed mostly everything. Everyone usually just starts up the super mod and switch characters and all I see a bunch of video's on the super mod now. I agree it is a good mod but I think it shouldn't have been released. Many will just use the Super Mod and play that all day. It is bringing traffic but it isn't getting anyone pumped to mod at all. Most of the youtubers have heard of modding but then went straight to the super mod. It is not the point of modding getting boring but many people in general just using one mod but not creating one themselves.

I am creating a ton of mods now with my free time but I have no internet to use occasionally so I am pretty much useless right now.
We need a lua script maker right now to make modding easier, I don't mean anything that creates a mod for anyone but just sets up the mod then usually just allows them to create their own codes. I am working on some fighting mods, mission mods and a zombie mod similar to your zombie mod SWEGTA. It is in the beta stages and won't be released until about the winter if I work on it long enough. I created at least the safe zones that spawn the survivors and all.

Next is getting plenty new modders back to the board create tutorials and video's daily on new mods and just some fun made up mods that take about a couple hours to the most. Something like a funny brawl or mini game. It doesn't have to be heavily scripted to take days but at least enough scripting where they will spawn and do certain things. I created the Derby Boss Mod the same way a mod where you can fight Derby just like the mission. I am also releasing this tonight, it will feature a normal fight but with a Dishonorable Fight Variation.

I am also creating some more mini boss fights including Johnny, Russell, Edgar and normal mini boss missions. Their will also be plenty errands being released I just need ideas, if you can think of ideas for errands please give me some their easy to create. I think errands will get the modding community back on track. Everyone loves bully errands and how they feature funny humor and allows you go to unreachable places. Missions and Errands I think are the biggest mods to be released and used by now anytime. Anytime I see a mission I think wow so much we can accomplish even with a short easy to make errand I can even make a tutorial script for this type of thing paste it to the board. I just used scripts from my mission, also you need some main functions like getting them to attack and getting them to run and chase after you. So hopefully no one will quit for a while I am still around. Reath is busy right now but he showed me alot of stuff in lua to help me with my mods. Anyway message me about some errand idea's and I'll make them. I can make the peds talk and climb ladders to make it seem like game like scripts. #NeverGiveUpOnBullyModding
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:15:29 PM by LostInSpace »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 12:08:59 AM »
I somewhat agree but, the Super Mod is like a trainer in a way. It will do some basic stuff but it certainly doesn't kill the need to make more mods. Look at GTA IV for example, it has a trainer with even more stuff then the super mod yet GTA IV modding is still very popular.

Look at the stats of the board, this year is the 2nd worst year for activity. The year isn't over I know, but it isn't too far from over and the stats are really low.

I have a few missions in the making as well, and they are pretty interesting. Hopefully missions will be the thing that revives modding.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 03:44:06 AM »
GTA 4 has new vehicles comming daily.  Maby we shoud start learning creating customs cars, bikes.  I know rambo made some nice cars.

I would love to see a sanchez in Bully.