News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS!  (Read 4788 times)

Offline Znib

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »
You'll Have Bully By Christmas!

SPOnG just came off the phone with the guys at Rockstar UK, who just confirmed for us that the controversial title, Bully, will definitely be released in time for Christmas this year. The game is now a PS2 exclusive, with the company dropping the Xbox flavour.

Further details on the game are not yet being released, but we were promised that we will be seeing a lot more on the title ‘very soon indeed’.

It's around a year ago that SPOnG reported on the initial press backlash against Bully, somewhat bizarrely emanating from the UK’s usually fairly liberal Guardian newspaper.

Earlier this year we also told you how our old friend, anti-games campaigner and shameless self-publicist, Jack Thomson was also jumping on the anti-Bully bandwagon.

As such, it seems that Rockstar battened down the hatches and concentrated on what it is best at - putting out damn good videogames. In the past two month’s we’ve had our favourite sports game of the year, Table Tennis, as well as the PS2 version of the best-selling PSP game, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

It's certainly superb news to hear that the Rockstar guys are getting back into a “bit o’ Bully”. SPOnG will be the first to tell you more about the game as soon as we get it, which is going to be in a matter of weeks, so keep an eye out for that.

In the meantime, let us know how you think how Rockstar’s PR company might go about generating some valuable coverage on the title. SPOnG suspects that "wind up the Daily Mail and the 'Disgusteds of Tunbridge Wells'" could well be the first bullet-point on the mainstream PR strategy for Bully.

Not that there is any need to wind up middle England over adult-themed videogames. They seem more than capable of getting themselves all into a ‘ban these evil games’ lather at the merest sniff of their offspring coming into contact with 18+ games.

Of course, SPOnG would advise them, as responsible parents, to ensure their children don’t buy or play 18+ games. But that would just be too obvious, eh?

From this source:  http://news.spong.com/article/10498

It states that
- Bully will defenetly be released for this X-mas 2006
- PS2 exclusive
- No XBOX Bully
- More info Comming from R* very soon.

Now I've looked on other sites and ther is no data on  XBOX not having Bully...so who knows?...and cares  :twisted:

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:15:58 AM »
Excellent find mate, I've edited your post including the whole article.

No Xbox version, interesting. Well the Xbox is becoming obsolete with the 360 being out what 12 months now, a large majority of real Xbox fans have made the switch to the next-gen version and the people who haven't are waiting for the PS3 which will be compatible with a PS2 version of Bully. The 360 is not compatable with Xbox games so it wouldn't make sense to spend man-power developing/porting a game for a console which probably wouldn't sell enough to recoup the cost of creating it.
I'm actually happy that it is PS2 exclusive, kind of R*'s way of thanking the PS2 for the support over the years by giving it a big send off with the most anticipated game since San Andreas.

I'm now fully certain that Bully will be out before November the 17th.

Offline The_Mick

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:21:08 AM »
I think its kind of a thank you to sony for all the help over the years, seeing as sony sales are hitting rock bottom, they better release the PS3 soon. Screw bill gates and the X-Box.

Offline Znib

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 12:54:13 PM »
Thanks for making this topic so epic

By the way Rockstar has just confirmed there will be no XBOX Bully...its offcial

Its been put down to R* viewing the recent games trade shows ,especily the recent departed  E3, With no interest in the XBOX what so ever by the punters/public

This will show those Microsoft Fan Boy's ranting about GTA4 that Rockstar still has love for Sony...

Stay tuned for more Data cause I have a feeling there gone pull a Double Whammy on there website with GTA VCS & Bully in media

Offline Fezie

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:14:03 PM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Offline DJEAZY

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 08:51:32 PM »
thats whats up

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 02:23:58 AM »
Yeah!! about time some decent news!!

Offline bully15

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 03:36:06 AM »
Quote from: DGAF
Excellent find mate, I've edited your post including the whole article.

No Xbox version, interesting. Well the Xbox is becoming obsolete with the 360 being out what 12 months now, a large majority of real Xbox fans have made the switch to the next-gen version and the people who haven't are waiting for the PS3 which will be compatible with a PS2 version of Bully. The 360 is not compatable with Xbox games so it wouldn't make sense to spend man-power developing/porting a game for a console which probably wouldn't sell enough to recoup the cost of creating it.
I'm actually happy that it is PS2 exclusive, kind of R*'s way of thanking the PS2 for the support over the years by giving it a big send off with the most anticipated game since San Andreas.

I'm now fully certain that Bully will be out before November the 17th.

how r u certain it will be out by november 17?

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 09:32:42 AM »
Quote from: bully15

Because it would be disasterous for Bully if it was released in the shadow of the PS3. And R* aint stupid.

Hmm.... unless Bully is a release title for the PS3... with us by xmas.... no Xbox version.... no images or new footage since 2005... who knows..  :twisted:

Offline bully15

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »

Because it would be disasterous for Bully if it was released in the shadow of the PS3. And R* aint stupid.

Hmm.... unless Bully is a release title for the PS3... with us by xmas.... no Xbox version.... no images or new footage since 2005... who knows..  :twisted:

yea maybe ur right hopefully ur right cause i cant WAIT FOR IT!!!

Offline Znib

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 09:09:18 PM »

I like it... :twisted: Thats good thinking...

If thats true then a surge of info should hit us soon!

Offline maniac*4321

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 03:33:20 PM »
u have got to be kidding me! ...
 november 17th! my birthday is
 november 18th! awesome! I
 already know what im getting for
 my birthday!

Offline The_Mick

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »
Look, they've been saying that it will be released in 2006 for so long, if they switched to it being released in 2007, it would be disastorous for them with all the push backs and no shows. INstead of Nov 17, just to make it up to all the fans, release it in september for back to school. That would be PR genius.

Offline justin004

• View Profile
    • http://www.freeforallgames.piczo.com
BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 05:44:55 PM »

yea maybe ur right hopefully ur right cause i cant WAIT FOR IT!!!

it coming out October 17 check http://www.rockstargames.com/bully/   :!: