News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *RELEASE* MadmaN & Steman's Bully Model ID Lists  (Read 38646 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Re: *RELEASE* MadmaN & Steman's Bully Model ID Lists
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
It will take me long time to understand the list  :wacko:
Why are there repeated characters on the list?
I mean I can see zoe a lot of times.

Offline Bully1337

• Bully HAS to be one of the best games ever made...
  • I just thought I would put this useless text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
I have no idea what i do with this. Do i copy and paste if you do to where?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
I will explain everything about how to use this in a day or two since I will have proper time then. As for the question about why some characters are repeated several times....that is because each repeat of a character is a different skin/model. Some are winter....xmas....halloween....beta....etc. Many Different versions.

This is part of the reason why it has taken this long to get that far with these lists and why I have not gotten done with the patcher yet since it is quite a long list. Everything has to be coded twice and it will take some time to do since everything is full custom code. I actually am trying to add hex support to my bully file editor along with a update for the file formats to get them detected properly but been too bogged down with other projects...but I am catching up fast on them so expect more from me in the comming several days to week.

Offline GamerLover98

• I LOVE PLAYIN GAMES LIKE BULLY!!! XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »
LOL I REPLACED ONE THE THE FREAKSHOW MIDGETS WITH THE HEADMASTER SO NOW THE MIDGET IS FIGHTING THE HEAD AND THE HEAD ALWAYS WIN SINCE HE CAN BUST HIM

XD

thank you so much steman and madman your threads are very useful even this one i cant believe it worked
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:16:09 PM by GamerLover98 »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
Very glad it worked for you. This is why I have been working as hard as I have been to help everyone out as best as I can. I may not have every answer....but I will still try to help anyways since it is what I am known for.

Offline Santa Cole

• "Housingly Challenged" Santa
  • Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »
Very glad it worked for you. This is why I have been working as hard as I have been to help everyone out as best as I can. I may not have every answer....but I will still try to help anyways since it is what I am known for.

Everyone really appreciates your hard work  & help Madman,

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 08:12:40 PM »

Everyone really appreciates your hard work  & help Madman,

What he said. Really, you're one of the biggest credits to Bully modding.

Offline Bully1337

• Bully HAS to be one of the best games ever made...
  • I just thought I would put this useless text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
i ned answers today before i go on holiday tommorow.
How do I change peds which file someone give me answers please! Also how to to change the carnival midgets to other peds.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
How do I change peds which file someone give me answers please! Also how to to change the carnival midgets to other peds.

I don't know Mandman's method to do this but what you can do is replace them in the ide. Copy everything from the character you want except the AI thing and paste it over the midget you want. Open your ide backup, copy the midget model, stats, etc and paste it on the character you want to use to replace the midget.

Offline GamerLover98

• I LOVE PLAYIN GAMES LIKE BULLY!!! XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »

no problem mate :)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »

I don't know Mandman's method to do this but what you can do is replace them in the ide. Copy everything from the character you want except the AI thing and paste it over the midget you want. Open your ide backup, copy the midget model, stats, etc and paste it on the character you want to use to replace the midget.

That is one method you can do. The method Steman and I came up with I havent had time to document here yet due to a small family emergency due to which I have everything basicly on temporary hold for a couple of days to see whats going on.

In another topic I am posting some sneak preview screenshots of the Bully Modding Bible that I am currently writing...most of which comes from the ultimate modding thread which I am rewriting and adding screenshots for each section as needed to give ppl the ultimate guide in bully modding.

This is meant to help new modders and old alike in changing a lot of the various things in the game. Hopefully it is of use since this is only the second manual I have ever written....lol and this is also meant to be printed out as well as viewed in acrobat reader.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 05:34:09 PM »
          Can't you bring you're computer on holidays? :/

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
How do u get them as bodyguards is my first question?

Don't mess with NCS!!

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »
...Sadly due to mad being rather busy with various projects as of late, I've had to come back on briefly to explain how this Model ID# List of ours works

Basically seen as times against me at the moment I will have to just give a couple of follow me tuts rather than explaining things in detail, but I'm sure you will have a better understanding after you follow these tuts... (and wd Carlos :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i know how long you've waited for those bodyguards)

Peds Model List:
List 1 is a full list of the models, it is unknown why their are several models of each ped and why they are doubled up (if you are searching and replacing you wont find any models unless they have a {M} next to them as this is the Main model the game uses to load that ped
List 2 is a list with all the main models (it is the better list to search with)

Vehicles:
Their isn't really much to explain about this

Weapons:
Code: [Select]
ASCII   Hex Value   Weapon         KEY Pic Name   PEDSTATS   P/N   Appear   IDE
€•C   80 95 43   Yard Stick       {W} [ ] [N]   yardstick   [ ][N]   Yes   yardstick...yardstick...W_Stick.null

ASCII - The String as it appears in a hex editor
Hex Value - The Hex Value of the String
Weapon - The Weapon name as it appears when spawned to the player directly
Key - Refer to WAIT Legend
Pic - Whether it has a picture when spawned directly
Name - whether it has a name when spawned directly (this is shown as the weapon name)
Pedstats - name of weapons texture for use in pedstats file
P/N - Pic and name
Appear? - This is whether it appears using the pedstats file method
IDE - Files IDE data

Tuts:
It is best to find and extract the actual file your editing as this will only edit the needed file rather than the full lot, egg if its a boss you want to edit extract the file that contains that mission they are in (list can be found in the ultimate modding thread under scripts section)
and then search and replace the bosses hex value using the method shown below:

Replacing peds:
1) Open Scripts.img in a hex editor
2) Press ctrl and R or open the search and replace function
3) change the datatype from string to hex (the bottom combobox)
4) in box 1 put the hex value of the ped you wish to replace as a example i will use Zeke's ID
4-cont) so put "00 3D 43" in the top box (remember only {M} main models for this box)
5) Then in the 2nd Box put "00 82 42"
6) Save the file
7) Go to the carnival and you will see Zeke has been replaced

Vehicles:
This works in the same way instead of putting in ped models you will put in vehicle models instead. example if i searched "80 90 43" and replaced with "00 8F 43" then ALL instances of the go cart would be replaced with the taxi, meaning the taxi would spawn at the garage instead of the go cart, and you and your opponents will be driving taxi's in races

Weapons:
This is also similar put in the top box the hex value for the eggs (00 9C 43), then in the 2nd one for another {A} (Armory weapon) (like the slingshot) (80 97 43) search and replace now go to the shop and you will see the eggs are now replaced with the slingshots model making it repurchaseable

IMPORTANT It is allways best to Pinpoint the actual file you are editing and work with that instead of editing the whole of scripts.img as their is a likelihood that something will corrupt somewhere making the file unusable and remember to backup
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:28:06 PM by Steman »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 05:53:40 AM »
I honestly can't understand this to save my life.. :(

For example, if you were to copy trents stats would you have trents style or whatever?

Sorry, but I realllyyyyy cant understand this and im jelz of the people who do xD