News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *TUTORIAL* Pedstats and weapons tutorial  (Read 63218 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
*TUTORIAL* Pedstats and weapons tutorial
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
Ok. Here is a tutorial on how to edit the pedstats.dat file. I will also show you not only how to edit the pedstats but also to give characters nearly any weapon in Bully.

first off find your pedstats.dat file which is in Rockstar Games\Bully Scholarship Edition\Config\dat.

Load up the file in notepad++ or whatever editor you want. (I will be releasing a editor for editing these files soon)

Once you load it feel free to read thru the comments in the beginning parts of the file. I have laid out a example below which is of jimmy.
Most of the areas are explained really well in the comments in pedstats.dat but I will explain a few edits you can do here. First off is the animation speed. If you change the animation speed to the same value I have set which is about the maximum usable value, you will be able to walk, run, fight faster...in this case very fast. If you set this value too high you will not be able to pick items up or open doors since the animation speed will be too high for the game to keep up with. In this tutorial we will cover just a few things and I will leave the rest for you all to experiment with and have fun with. There are a few areas that should not be changed however since they could mess up the game and I will list those later on.

Here is my example of jimmy in pedstats.dat: My jimmy has already been modified

PedStat type nameId of pickup defLikelihood of dropping an itemVision Yaw (in degrees)Vision Range (in metres)Max HealthHealth regeneration rateFearChickenAttack FrequencyBike Attack FrequencyProjectile Attack AccuracyProjectile Attack FrequencyBlock FrequencyEvade FrequencyAggresionCriminalitySprint MeterCharacter ClassPreferred Combat Zone Preferred Orientation Animation Speed factorZone PromoteSpecial MeterSpecial PointsBike Cruise SpeedBike Top SpeedBike Wait SpeedBike Flee DistanceBike Catchup DistanceBike Wait DistanceBike Projectile UsageDamage ScaleDive probabilityTenacityEvasionBike Flee SpeedBike Follow SpeedBike Catchup SpeedGrap1Reversal (Strikes)Grap2Reversal (Grapples)Night weaponBike Model Ped Can RideBike Model Ped Can RideBike Model Ped Can RideLikelihood of having a weaponWeapon slot 1: Type of melee/projectileWeapon slot 1: Amount of AmmoWeapon slot 1: Selection weight for melee/projectile weaponWeapon slot 1: Available after missionWeapon slot 2: Type of melee/projectileWeapon slot 2: Amount of AmmoWeapon slot 2: Selection weight for melee/projectile weaponWeapon slot 2: Available after missionWeapon slot 3: Type of melee/projectileWeapon slot 3: Amount of AmmoWeapon slot 3: Selection weight for melee/projectile weaponWeapon slot 3: Available after missionWeapon slot 4: Type of melee/projectileWeapon slot 4: Amount of AmmoWeapon slot 4: Selection weight for melee/projectile weaponWeapon slot 4: Available after missionStun Resistance how resistant a ped is to stunningPed can be knocked down (0=no, 1+=yes)Percent health at which the ped can be humiliated in combat

STAT_PLAYERnone20100122005000005095000010060Striker07160100201002010101020108010050705090100100unarmedNoneNoneNone0unarmed-11initunarmed-11initunarmed-11initunarmed-11init0015

First off is jimmy's health. Change the Max Health value to whatever number you want. NOTE: if you use trainers for bully, the trainer may not work to give invincibility since it modifies this value from memory.

If you want somthing that works almost like god mode edit the Health regeneration rate and change that to any number higher then 100 or 200. This will allow your health to regenerate automatically.

The Fear, Chicken, Attack Frequency do not work on jimmy.
However you can use those values with the other peds to make them more aggressive and less prone to running away. Use caution editing those with the little kids and girls since this will not only give u the ped in question to deal with in a fight..but also any adult, teacher or prefect nearby when you get a max wanted level.

The Block Frequency and Evade Frequency can be edited for jimmy and the other peds and just tells how often the ped blocks or evades during a fight.

The Animation Speed Factor Changes your animation settings or another ped's animation settings. This is a fun setting to play around with if you want a faster game or if you want to laugh while watching hyper active peds. The warning above about setting this too high applies here.

Bike Projectile Usage setting sets how likely the ped will use projectiles when on a bike to attack. This setting does not apply to jimmy since you can select a projectile to use regardless of this setting.

Damage Scale Changes how much damage you inflict with attacks (I might be wrong on this)

Aggresion Just sets how aggresive the ped is and how likely they are to start a fight. This setting coupled with Criminality Will turn any ped into a bully...literally.

Sprint Meter is how much running stamina the ped has before getting tired and needing to stop and catch their breath. Set this to a very high number and the ped can run without ever getting tired or getting tired easily.

Tenacity Sets how hard to knock down a ped is...this setting works on jimmy.

Now for the part that some ppl probably want. The Weapons.

The Night Weapon and each of the weapon slots require a weapon for the ped to be armed. you can use this with jimmy but it is better to just arm the various peds as you see fit and take a weapon from them when you want a specific weapon.

The weapons list is as follows and is what I have figured out so far. I don't consider this listing complete by any means and if anyone has a weapon to add that does work and is usable..please list it in this thread and I will update this tutorial.

Weapons and props listing:

Model NameWeapon Name
RBandBallRubberband Ball
NerdBooksEbooks
NerdBooksbooks
NerdBooksBbooks
NerdBooksCbooks
NerdBooksDbooks
leadpipea lead pipe
superslingSuper Sling Shot
slingshotSlingshot
cherrybCherry Bombs
spudgNormal Spud Gun
SuperSpudGSuper Spud Gun
brocketlauncherBottle rocket launcher
eggprojEggs
stinkbomba stinkbomb
WCameracamera, not sure which one
spraycanspray paint can
W_PGunnot sure what this is
applea apple. anyone hungry?
batBaseball bat
cricketCricket bat
PoloPolo stick
twobyfourTwo by four
Wmalletnot sure what this is
Billyclbnot sure what this is
W_CrutchCrutch
poolcueCue Stick
JBroomJanitor's broom
brickA brick
chshieldaShield
chshieldbShield
chshieldcShield
lidI think this is a trashcan lid
WtrayLunch Tray
Psheildshield of some kind
newsrollRolled up newspaper
snowballSelf Explanatory
monkeywrenchnot sure what this is
yardstickYard stick
2handstickA stick
fireextingFire Extinguisher
sledgehammernorton's Sledgehammer
kickmea kick me sign
anibballa ball
bagmrblsBag of marbles
Wdish?
dec_plateDeck Plate?
plantpotPot for a plant
pvase_projTall Vase
snowshwlSnow Shovel
w_deadratA dead rat
Wbrush
wftbombFootball Bomb
wtrpipeWaterpipe
wtrpipeBWaterpipe B
wtrpipeCWaterpipe C
wtrpipeDWaterpipe D
W_ItchItching Powder
W_CandyBox of candy
WBALLOONWater Balloons
Bananasellf explanatory
sswhipthis is gary's halloween ss whip

To add weapons to the peds just use one of the model names in this listing above and put that in one of the ped's weapon slots.

I will update the listing when I can figure out more props to use as weapons. I would however like some help figuring out what model name the volcano firecracker is since I for some reason cannot find that and it is a nice thing to use as a weapon of a sorts.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: *TUTORIAL* Pedstats and weapons tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
Don't recall ever seeing a cherry bomb in the game...

wtrpipe = The pipe Edgar uses. Lead pipe = the one Johnny uses.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »
Also, what value indicates how resistant a ped is to grapples, and whether they'll roll off ground hits?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »
the cherry bomb is the firecrackers jimmy can make with the chemistry set in the dorm...also what the nerds sometimes use as a weapon. they are called cherry bombs far as the model goes in the game scripts.

for being resistant to grapples...that value is AO:    Grap2Reversal (Grapples)

I will fix my tutorial so the entire thing is viewable....just realized the side scroll bar to view it all is at the bottom of the post and that can be a problem...lol

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 08:58:42 AM »
you can view the weapons if you replace one of the boys dorm items, (you can't pick them up) I think you have to do it in trigger, i can't remember, another good tutorial keep it up

Offline Xavier the vampire

• Vampire is dark gift you really become vampire.
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
I have changed the my pedstats is 999 health and 500 block. Are you sure does not crash my games?

Offline Bully1337

• Bully HAS to be one of the best games ever made...
  • I just thought I would put this useless text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
First: I changed my health and now some peds have got alot of health.
Second: How can I make jimmy spawn with these weps?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
Change the first two "unarmed" stats to one of the weapons listed.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »
I have changed the my pedstats is 999 health and 500 block. Are you sure does not crash my games?

Health is no problem, but block goes only from 0 to 100. It only works on AI. Not the player.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »
hehe you beat me to it Red....lol

@KirbyOlsen1
RedBlaster is correct on the blocking as that value only works for ai since the ai has that in its scripting where the player scripting does not have it so unless the player scripting is rewrote...it would not work. I still have to touch my tutorials I have posted so far up a bit to list what does not work for jimmy and what works only for ai.

Offline ArchDemon436

• King Of The School
  • One step means One chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
I swear you give more health then 100 change your stats in the ide where it starts with stat_player I think that what's its called

Offline Bully1337

• Bully HAS to be one of the best games ever made...
  • I just thought I would put this useless text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »
I copied and pasted the model name to first two unarmed on player and it still don't spawn with it any help?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »
what model names are you using? Since the model names are very specific when spawning them like that. you also have to make sure that you change the likelyhood of the ped having a weapon to 100.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »
There are also some weapons/props that do not seem to work...I have not had time to spawn and test every single one that I have listed and there are some more that I have not added to the list above. I will make a excel spreadsheet soon listing what works and what does not if you can wait a few days for that.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
I copied and pasted the model name to first two unarmed on player and it still don't spawn with it any help?

Wait, I'll take a look at my pedstats.