News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Jack gets his way.  (Read 4284 times)

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »
Jacko Gets His Way

Bully's judgement day coming tomorrow
Anti-game activist Jack Thompson claims court victory to get judge to obtain copy of Rockstar's forthcoming game tomorrow afternoon.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Oct 11, 2006 5:54 pm PT

In September, Take-Two Interactive surprised many when it revealed that its forthcoming high-school-based game Bully would be rated T for Teen. After all, the game had been dubbed a "Columbine simulator" by anti-game activist Jack Thompson, in reference to the 1999 school massacre, and was being published by Take-Two subbrand Rockstar Games, which had historically specialized in M-for-Mature-rated games.

However, just because Bully is getting a T rating by the Entertainment Software Ratings Software Board (ESRB) doesn't mean it's out of the woods yet. Today, Thompson announced that he had won a "historic" victory in a Miami-Dade Circuit Court. According to the attorney, who has a history of aggressive self-promotion, "Judge Ronald Friedman entered an historic order directing Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., to provide the Court with a copy of the violent video game Bully 'before close of business tomorrow,' Thursday, October 12."

Thompson, referring to himself in the third person, went on to describe what Judge Friedman's order entailed. "The Judge further ordered that the game will be played in his presence, in chambers, with Miami attorney Jack Thompson present, if he wants to be there (he will be there) so der (sic) that Judge Friedman can ascertain whether the game should be sold to minors," said Thompson. "The Judge indicated that he will take however long it takes to see the game played in its entirety."

Due to the hour, attempts to confirm the judge's order directly with the Miami-Dade County Court were unsuccessful as of press time. However, several other news outlets, including Gamepolitics.com and the fan site Destructoid, which blogged the hearing, confirmed Thompson's report of Judge Friedman's ruling. (NOTE: Destructoid's site was intermittently down as of press time.)

Bully is set to hit PlayStation 2s next Tuesday, October 17. An Xbox version of the game was canceled earlier this year.

Offline [enforcA]

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 10:07:52 PM »
same on IGN.com :neutral:

Quote from: AgentSmith;12282
Jacko Gets His Way

An Xbox version of the game was canceled earlier this year.

btw.: i'm still wondering, if his email to microsoft's ceo was the reason for this xbox version's cancelation
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:11:18 PM by [enforcA] »

Offline Hitman

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:43:28 PM »
Not yet, we'll see if he gets his way tomorrow!

Offline BloodArtist

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 10:59:28 PM »
well they gotta play the game throughout its ENTIRETY, o yea, that sounds fun <_<

Offline [enforcA]

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 11:57:32 PM »
Quote from: AgentSmith;12289
well they gotta play the game throughout its ENTIRETY, o yea, that sounds fun <_<

^^ (a bit off topic) if they play it, they will lose at the very first fight when jimmy arrives at the bullworth gate and when jimmy gets his first kiss, psycho jack will be reminded of his own - long passed - school days, where he never got a kiss from a girl, togehter with the rest of his past - all day "toilet meeting" - life in school, he will say "man, that game is bad, i know what i am talking 'bout, i came from the real world, i am speaking of real life, you know what i mean? (the whole room gets quiet) .. you know what i mean? (the room is still quiet as death) .. arghh, just shut the f*ck up, i'm out of here, i'll go.. continue playing with my barbie and my so loved ken (hearts flooting all over in pj's eyes), .., oh wait, this is sexual!"^^

but yeah, we will see what it brings

edit: "The judge will review the game as it is being played, for 100 hours or more, and then decide whether or not Thompson's claims are valid."

100 hours, this are more than 4 days, if calculated with "24 hours a day", if you calculate it with the maximum of "daily working time" (8 to 10 hours a day), it will be like more than 10 (up to 13 and more) days, plus the courts final decision making, that might end up in a delayed release of the game, in other words, it could be, that the release of the game won't happen on 17th of october 2006
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:23:47 AM by [enforcA] »

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 03:51:34 AM »
Quote from: '[enforcA
']that might end up in a delayed release of the game, in other words, it could be, that the release of the game won't happen on 17th of october 2006

saying things like that make baby jesus cry :(

Offline adamacus

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 09:50:26 AM »
Quote from: '[enforcA
;12299'] that might end up in a delayed release of the game, in other words, it could be, that the release of the game won't happen on 17th of october 2006

Just in Florida, and who cares about florida? only old decrepid pensioners and cajun crocodile hunters actually live there.

Offline BloodArtist

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:55:28 AM »
o right, its only in florida...   just go one state to the north!

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »
lol

Yeah, it'll only happen in Florida. Since that doesn't affect me, I don't care what the hell Jack says.

Offline Red_Samurai

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »
NO CHANCE IN HELL IS HE GETTIN THIS. Im really pissed of with this guy its not even a "columbine simulator" am i spelling tht right...anyway you are actually STANDING UP for the goddamn kids not bullying them you're supposed to help them Jack Thompson just wants an advanced copy so he can say "HAHA I GOT A FREE COPY OF THIS GAME FROM ROCKSTAR:D :D :D so i am willing to bet my life that it wont be banned.

Thank You.

Offline ArmedDragoon

• View Profile
Jack gets his way.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 04:42:36 PM »
So, he doesn't want a game rated T to be sold to minors.

This rating was a big surprise on Take Two's part on account of their "M rated history."

I call bullshit.