News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully 2 ideas  (Read 28566 times)

Offline Blackie

• View Profile
Re: Bully 2 ideas
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
Yea running could be like hurdles or something. This would increase the speed with which you run and climb obstacles

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »
If running was going to be a class it would need to have a few things in it. Just running around isn't interesting. Maybe running races. Obstacles to get over.

As you pass these classes you skills in running improve. Prefects can't catch you.

IDEA: This game needs an improvement in hand-to-hand combat.

Yeah, the fighting needs to be deeper, and actually challenging. For this they should take cues from Yakuza and Final Fight: Streetwise (though that game overall was a mess). And then they can incorporate what they used in The Warriors as well when it comes to group fighting.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
The fighting styles in Bully were just too basic.

Offline kvzm-and-zenan

• last living spectre
  • i'm so awesome, that im legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »
cause the fighting in bully was realistic for a bunch of teenagers. i don't remember ninja kicking, and hidden tiger moves when i was in highschool. we just threw fist;s, and every once in a while somebody(mostly me) would kick or try something else. XD

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 07:44:11 AM »
Fighting in Bully is far from realistic. I know what you're trying to say, though.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2011, 09:53:07 AM »
There was nothing sophisticated or complex about those fighting styles. Too basic.

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
I actually agree that the way it is in Bully isn't too bad. Realistic? No, but only a handful of characters should have anything technical about how they fight.

The main character/s can get away with it and some of the clique leaders and maybe a few select members of the stronger cliques but no more. There's a reason why Johnny Vincent got those kicks removed after all. They looked awesome but they did not fit the character.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 10:49:56 AM »
I also want to be able to fight the prefects. I'm tired of breaking out their grip so I can run away and not get busted. Why not just kick their ass?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »
Because that defeats the purpose of them being authority.

Keep in mind the game came under fire for supposedly promoting "bullying". There has to be a way to show the player they're not in charge. That they can't cross the line.

I actually agree that the way it is in Bully isn't too bad. Realistic? No, but only a handful of characters should have anything technical about how they fight.

The main character/s can get away with it and some of the clique leaders and maybe a few select members of the stronger cliques but no more. There's a reason why Johnny Vincent got those kicks removed after all. They looked awesome but they did not fit the character.

But the thing is, it's a game. It's already unrealistic as it is, so why not add some extra over-the-top things?

The fighting needs to be a whole lot more difficult, though, that's for sure.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
The authority needs to lose a bit of what it has. The player needs more advantages.

Offline Bullyfan No.1

• Now you see me,now you don't
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
I also want to be able to fight the prefects. I'm tired of breaking out their grip so I can run away and not get busted. Why not just kick their ass?
Yeah,but those must come in time

It should be nice that you can train some material arts,learn box,kickbox,karate,streetfight :ninja:...
I also think that they must add some limitations,like by unlocking one fighting stile you lock some parts or all of the other stile,but once you pase the game you have ˝new game+˝ option,so you can replaye the game vith all stuf you unlocked

Offline kvzm-and-zenan

• last living spectre
  • i'm so awesome, that im legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »
well if you attack fast enough you can kick a prefect's, or even a cop's for that matter, ass. ive done both. its actualy not that hard if you no how to do it XD

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
IDEA: Electronics. Phones and maybe computers. This can be a new introduction to the game. Maybe new ways of communication. I'm surprised they didn't even put a cell phone in the game.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
A lot of even the old PS 1 games used that concept, with 'mini-games' right in the computers.  I would guess they went with a lack of computer / cell phone contact to better fit with the earlier retro feel of the game.  The mystery was why even have those computer stations at the desk in the Library in the first place.

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
Because that defeats the purpose of them being authority.

Keep in mind the game came under fire for supposedly promoting "bullying". There has to be a way to show the player they're not in charge. That they can't cross the line.

This is true. To be honest I find authority a minor nuisance at best, making them any easier would be crazy. At least to me, I find them more annoying when they break up a fight between other characters. There are loads of ways to deal with them.

But the thing is, it's a game. It's already unrealistic as it is, so why not add some extra over-the-top things?

The fighting needs to be a whole lot more difficult, though, that's for sure.

It's still a game in a setting though and having most characters have powerful/technical looking moves would take away from that, a few characters absolutely. However the main reason its easy is to do with the fact they don't attack all that often and do the infamous 'circle around menacingly and do mostly nothing while the hero beats everybody up' martial arts movie tactic. Sure the moves they use could be better though (not neccessarily stylish) and a difficulty setting would be nice, this way a player can experience either a story or a challenge.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:06:16 PM by Peachrocks »