News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Real time clock? (Not clock speed)  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Hitman

• View Profile
Real time clock? (Not clock speed)
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:47:24 AM »
Ok i was wondering, there are some games out there that use the PS2 date and if its a holiday something special happens. For example a long time ago i played The Simpsons Hit and Run and on Halloween the main menu had pumpkins and all that scary stuff. Same thing with Christmas.

Anyway i was wondering if Bully will have the same thing, cause thats a really cool feature.

Offline Znib

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:40:57 PM »
No word on that, the game itself will change seasons but I don't think the real world will effect how anything works in the game:)

It would be a good feature and somethin GTA4 should have.
Could you imagine its raining outside and its pissing down in the game as well...COOL!:D :cool:

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
yea, all they would need is a live weather tracker for every singel PS3 and xbox360!!!!111      yea, thatl never happen (well not anytinme soon)

Offline Znib

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:23:27 PM »
Quote from: AgentSmith;11472
yea, all they would need is a live weather tracker for every singel PS3 and xbox360!!!!111      yea, thatl never happen (well not anytinme soon)

If you can connect your PS3 to the web all it needs is to pick up the days weather data [predicted forcasts] and the game has to just adjust its self.

But I think that would be over the top Really but Hella FUN!

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »
hecks yea..

dontthey have it in madden? like they see what time it is in your system and you can pick the wather and pretty much make your custom wather surroundings

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 07:59:13 PM »
Well, you can pretty much.

The PS2 reads your day and just makes its own weather, based on predicitions it makes by the CPU. You won't see it snow in August.