News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: do you think this is stupid?  (Read 4545 times)

Offline superblackdoom

• View Profile
do you think this is stupid?
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »
i think its so dang stupid i saw it on youtube vids its GAY its where u kiss boys i want everyone's opinion

Offline Django Durango

• View Profile
    • http://www.kabang.tk
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »
I like it. I think it's a progressive move so far as gaming goes. I especially like how people were all like, "WTF BOYKISSIN'!" to the ESRB and they were all like, "Yeah? What of it?"

I would've liked it more if they had incorporated it into the plot a little more. Not necessarily with Jimmy per se (as I think part of the reason it was left alone was so people who didn't want to acknowledge it didn't have to accept it as part of the canon), but certainly to a greater extent. As far as I remember, the only real canon mention of it was when you approach Trent and Kirby during the mission Movie Tickets. And even then it's not explicitly stated that they were on a date, although one can infer that by the fact that Kirby runs away first and he clearly doesn't want anyone to know he's gay since he always tells you not to tell anyone after you kiss him.

I also noticed a distinct lack of lesbians in the game, much to my disappointment. I could totally dig some Pinky/Lola.

I'd be careful about being too negative about it. Makes you look like a homophobe. People can get mighty ass chapped about their human rights and whatnot, even over something as silly as a video game.

Chrissy

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
I really couldn't give a crap.

I wondered about the lesbian thing, too. You know how guys are all into that shit.

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »
Never thought of lesbians in the game, wait a second and let me think about that... FUCK YEAH! That would be awesome. OK maybe overreacting a bit but it would be cool, I wonder if there would be any intolerance towards homosexuality if they just marketed it with a bunch of hot chicks making out? Hmmmmmmm. Anyway back to the subject, I don't think it was bad that they put it in the game I mean I never kissed a dude in the game and you never had to. The word homophobe is pretty strange I mean people who are against homosexuals but aren't afraid of them are they homophobes?

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »
I didn't give a shit.

I wasn't forced to kiss boys so meh

Chrissy

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 02:04:56 AM »
Homophobia IS fear of homosexuals.

People who are against them are intolerant. Homophobe/ia is a word that is used improperly.

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 03:44:44 AM »
Perhaps they are against them and fear them subconsciously?

Chrissy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 04:10:37 AM »
Well, I could understand someone fearing them and not wanting them around or something like that.

But then, you do have those that are just intolerant minus the fear. It's just one of those words that gets thrown around, and with time, seems to garnish more than one meaning, even if the other meanings aren't properly tied in to the root meaning of the word.

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »
Indeed.

Offline superblackdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:41:39 PM »
i just think its gay because it makes u look bad

Chrissy

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 02:48:47 AM »
It's gay for boys to kiss boys, huh? Must be something new.

Offline Merilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 03:14:00 AM »
Quote from: superblackdoom;64556
i just think its gay because it makes u look bad

How?

Reply to topic: Do I think it's stupid? No. Do I think you're stupid for asking? Oh yeah.

Offline Merilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 03:17:55 AM »
Quote from: Django Durango;64217
I like it. I think it's a progressive move so far as gaming goes. I especially like how people were all like, "WTF BOYKISSIN'!" to the ESRB and they were all like, "Yeah? What of it?"

I would've liked it more if they had incorporated it into the plot a little more. Not necessarily with Jimmy per se (as I think part of the reason it was left alone was so people who didn't want to acknowledge it didn't have to accept it as part of the canon), but certainly to a greater extent. As far as I remember, the only real canon mention of it was when you approach Trent and Kirby during the mission Movie Tickets. And even then it's not explicitly stated that they were on a date, although one can infer that by the fact that Kirby runs away first and he clearly doesn't want anyone to know he's gay since he always tells you not to tell anyone after you kiss him.

I also noticed a distinct lack of lesbians in the game, much to my disappointment. I could totally dig some Pinky/Lola.

I'd be careful about being too negative about it. Makes you look like a homophobe. People can get mighty ass chapped about their human rights and whatnot, even over something as silly as a video game.

It was cute! Trent and Kirby were holding hands! I took a picture. You have to do it fairly far away and zoom in otherwise they'll know you're looking at them and run away...

....I wonder what they did then.....*mind wanders*

Yes I am a disturbed slash addicted youth...I should go to rehab. But First I'll go to bed.

Chrissy

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »
Another girl who likes slash? Am I the only one who doesn't?

Offline iVincent_11

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 04:54:36 AM »
Nope.
I'm with you there Chrissy.