News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Official Bully User-Review Thread *All must read*  (Read 14434 times)

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
Official Bully User-Review Thread *All must read*
« on: October 16, 2006, 01:35:58 AM »
This is the Official Bully User-Review Thread. This thread has been designed for everyone to put all there User-Reviews of the game Bully that they just played, this thread was made to help alot of people, including people who will get it late, because we want to know alot of info on the game, and we dont want to look through a 100 different thread's. So any opinion's of what you just played is to go in here. You are not, I repeat you are not to make an individual thread, talking about how good it is etc. If someone makes an individual thread, they will be in hot water. And you won't have any excuses, because this will be stickied.

This thread has only been made to help us, and only us, so don't think it's slack to not have your personnal glory etc.

And don't forget, if you have a spoiler in your post, please before the spoiler write spoiler warning! in bold or use the new 'spoiler tags'. To use the spoiler tags, highlight the text that contains the spoiler then click the button which you can find in the top toolbar next to insert link, insert image etc.

Once again, this thread has been made to ensure that the board is kept as tidy as possible as there are going to be lots of things to talk about once everyone gets the game.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 05:50:00 AM by 2gud4u »

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »
[Slight Spoilers (mostly near the end)]

Well, here is the very first Bully-Board review, written by none other than MBP himself:

There has been so much hype for this game. I have beein waiting for this game since the issue of Tips and Tricks it appeared in about two years ago. People have said this game is possibly the best PS2 game to date.

Let me tell you all: It is.

The game plays very similar to a GTA style game, very free to do whatever you want and such. This is not new to anyone.

Classes are possibly the most important part at the beginning of the game (I'm near Chapter 3 now). You need to go to almost every class you can (I've found English to be one of the most useful) to beef Jimmy up for those situations you can't fight yourself out of. What's better than a suckerpunch to the face? A direct firecracker shot the groin.

Now, of course, everyone is yelling at the top of your lungs: "WHAT ABOUT THE FIGHTING!?" Well, there are a couple of styles to choose from. You have Jimmy's unique style, Boxing, Wrestling (which is really just improvised grappling), and of course the famous Hobo's style. It works like this: Square is your basic attack, Triangle lets you grapple, and Circle is the infamous "humiliation move". Later in the game, pressing X will let you calm down your opponent before the fight gets out of hand.

Now, here are the mission designs: You must initiate interaction, get the briefing, fulfill the mission, and (95% of the time), return to your objective giver for your just reward. Nearly EVERY mission in the game affects your standing with one of the cliques. For example, in Chapter 1, the final fight in the level is against Russell (the toughest Bully around). When you defeat him, you gain +100 points of Bully respect (for proving your toughness), and +5 points of Nerd respect (for beating their tormentor).

The game is very lighthearted and humorous despite all the bad rep it's been getting. Fortunately, it keeps Rockstar's infamous knack for including some kind of raunchiness in its games like pinching a girl's ass and what not, so you know what you're dealing with.

In conclusion, I've been very happy to meet you all here and discuss the game with you all. Before I retreat back to my cave to continue playing, I'd like to thank you all for reading this far if you did so.

A game that has gone through all the obstacles (bad media, protests, and of course our good friend J.T), and still managed to squeeze itself out into the daylight shows that Rockstar are the pros that we take them for.

Manbearpig's Final Verdict: Everything we've hoped for and more

Thank you and have a lovely day.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 04:41:14 AM »
Anyone want to tell us about how the time works? I read on IGN forums that they rekon the day goes way to quik?

Offline jackvegas21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:45:47 AM »
To me this game is combination of Gta, Warriors, and Manhunt. A compelling amd fascinating world to roam, easy and intuitive combat system, and enduring and perhaps tedious stealth missions. I haven't gotten that far in the game, only about 4% completed, but I can say that this will definately be one of the top games of 2006.
My early score: 9.5/10

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 01:21:01 PM »
Anyone want to tell us about how the time works? I read on IGN forums that they rekon the day goes way to quik?

It's one second = one minute

Offline bully boy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »
on a reivew i counted and it was 5 seconds to a game min

Offline Jimmy909

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 01:26:16 PM »
thanks for that i looking forward to when it comes to me october27

Offline bully boy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »
so am i lol

Offline fraybentos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
What a coinicdence so am i lol!!!!!!!!!!  :p

Offline EvilWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 09:17:23 PM »
Quote from: bully boy;15008
on a reivew i counted and it was 5 seconds to a game min

are u sure ur saying 1-1000 and not just rushin thru sayin 12345 rly fast?

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 01:03:11 AM »
Has anyone played football yet? (not soccer) football please im very keen to know how it works

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »
No, there is none.

Offline nadolny

• View Profile
    • http://www.rockstargames.com/bully
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »
Quote from: 2gud4u;15351
Has anyone played football yet? (not soccer) football please im very keen to know how it works

can u play soccer in this game??

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »
Come on guys i dont see no user-reviews appearing, i no they are a bore to type and that but it does give people who don't yet have the game a different insight.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 04:59:39 AM »
So wait, your telling me you can't play nfl in this game?? But i thought you called, even when we saw jimmy tackling??