News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: D0c's Bully LUA wiki  (Read 58505 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: c00ld0c26 Presents : Extreamly Detailed Lua Tutorial
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
Use MadmaN's IMG tool. It's here on BB. Search it.
It works better then that GTA one.
It dosen't require rebuilding for one thing :D

I am releasing in a few days a brand new tool that will be a companion to that but not fully replace unless you are comfortable working with command line and  batch files.

This new tool has been done for months and I just never bothered to release it due to all the crap going on in real life atm.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 01:23:13 AM »
Thanks Mad even tho the last (and unfortunately the biggest) part of the tutorial about tables was lost due to B-B giving me an error message.
It contained so much words and would of put many modders in this topic and eventually making their own menu's easly.
I am planning to rewrite it in a day or 2.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 07:12:05 AM »
@MadmaN, yeah that tool is crazy useful & fast.

@c00l, you should copy long posts to clipboard before posting. I always do so if there is an error I can just re-post.

Also nice tutorial for tables, probably a bit more organized/polished then mine :D

But,
So how do we use it then?
Well, In tables you may not list the numbers of each value, but that dosn't mean that the game dosn't count them as 1, 2, 3, 4.
So the first "table.insert" line in the table is basicly 1
the second line is 2
and so on.

You actually CAN make the table have whatever number you want, I will add it to my tutorial once I play around with it more. I only know how to do it but didn't practice it at all yet.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:19:55 AM by da Bo$$ »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »

You actually CAN make the table have whatever number you want, I will add it to my tutorial once I play around with it more. I only know how to do it but didn't practice it at all yet.

I will add to this. You can make a table anything you want. This includes number and letters...etc. All you have to make sure you are doing correctly is calling said table with the correct syntax otherwise it simply will not work. Tables are tricky to learn at first but once you learn them they become pretty simple and actually are far more efficient then just adding 1000s of lines of extra code when you can achieve the same thing via tables using a fraction of that.

Just one thing for EVERYONE to please keep in mind when working with tables. They DO have a limit on how large they can be and if you add too many entries, especially large entries...then your script will start crashing the game due to way too much being loaded into memory. Tables are highly dependent on the amount of physical memory the modder has in their pc and if you create a table that is far too large...it will crash and cause other problems.

This is a big problem Rise and I had when doing our custom IDE bypass in lua since there was just simply no real way to have every single ped loaded up into a table with custom fighting styles...etc without a ton of problems. One way to avoid this however would be to create several tables that are far smaller and basicly split up one massive table into smaller tables and load those one at a time as needed and the best way to do this would be to have everything setup in a menu loader and do things that way.

Rise and I (this depends heavily on my current situation) will attempt this after the player selector mega mod is released in a week maybe two and see if we can achieve this with our custom IDE bypass and if this works then we may release the technique to the community on how to fully bypass IDE completely and add not only custom fighting styles but also animations...size...sex...faction and whatnot which will then eliminate any and all IDE hex editing totally. This will completely outdate the hex editing method and allow for more customization of the game that couldn't be achieved before.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »
Size? Sounds awesome, but I assume that would be just like 'small' 'medium' 'large' and 'huge'. If it was a number instead for the size it would be great. Because then I could make a really small ped and have them grow to full size, thus expanding my old egg mod XD

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 01:37:23 AM »
Sounds awesome Mad.
I'll be more then happy to experience such a thing.
Aswell I will rewrite the last part of the table in 2 or 3 days.

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 03:43:21 PM »
Size? Sounds awesome, but I assume that would be just like 'small' 'medium' 'large' and 'huge'. If it was a number instead for the size it would be great. Because then I could make a really small ped and have them grow to full size, thus expanding my old egg mod XD

The bad thing is that the size doesnt control the body of the character... :/

It only controls how he can be stunned and those things.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »
I know thats what the IDE does, but I meant a way to change the size of someone. If you could change the model, and JUST the model of some ped it'd work great. First use the normal model switching function that also changes all of the fighting style, voice and size then use the one that just changes model so you'd have the size of who you switched to first, but with your selected model.

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »
Yeah and your character looks all deformed xD

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »
It'll be worth a try.
If it does work, we could make a Giant Bullworth mod or smth.
Like Fighting Giants and shit.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 10:39:40 PM »
You CAN just make them bigger in World.img, but then it can't be done on-command, which is the fun part.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
but you can automate it somewhat with the new .img tool I am releasing in a couple days.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2013, 08:56:21 AM »
but you can automate it somewhat with the new .img tool I am releasing in a couple days.

That'll be awesome!
Cant wait!!!  :a-cheer: :cheernutz:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »

That'll be awesome!
Cant wait!!!  :a-cheer: :cheernutz:

To clarify what I meant....

What I mean by automate is the ability to automate most actions in dealing with the .img files creating them...rebuilding them...building them...all that along with some highly advanced stuff that I have not had proper time to test fully but if push comes to shove I can distribute the sources to my team members here to look over and add to...improve...etc since this tool is designed without a actual windows gui to give it more abilities and to keep it's compiled size down a lot more too.

Command line while it may seem hard for most people is actually the best way to do things since that way you have far more control over what a program does versus a pretty gui over the whole thing that hides what the program in question is actually doing in the background.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:43:16 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline The CeSSaRR

• Don't messing me!
  • You're messing with the wrong mascot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2014, 10:07:42 AM »
c00ld0c26 you forget "The CeSSaRR" in respect list. Lol