News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Mods for Bully - Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases  (Read 177085 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »
Steman and I have not really been concentrating on the fighting styles ourselves since we have been working on the other more interior aspects of the game. If you want more info regarding the fighting styles for now just visit InsanityGames in his section in this forum and he will be glad to help you out and most likely share some of his premodded files with you.

btw...welcome to the forum!

Offline Brunoneves99

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
Ok I need to know where to place per example BOSS_Darby on a character and I need to know how to change other characters fighting styles too if u can help me please it would be great.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 01:22:48 PM »
I added gender changing, something I discovered a few weeks back.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »
Hi! Thanks for making such a great and helpful thread! I am interested in skin and fighting style mods. Do you have any download links where you take the ide from the download and just replace it with the one you have and that's it? I've done a couple of these. They are simple and easy. Please reply or post above. Thanks in advance!

Yes, welcome to the forum, but uh, the reason we posted these tutorials on mods is so that you can do them yourself. So that leechers would get off our backs.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but really, we've had issues with this kind of stuff before.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
kk nice one red gd work, iv'e added a tools section also, try and write a few tuts up inbetween what your doing if u can red so we can finish the template to this topic off, preferably fighting/boss and skin mod cause thats what everyone wants atm, even if their just short quick ones i can sort them out after, i'm tranna finish the model list atm which i'll also add after when mad imod and i are finished with it.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »
You reminded me, I need to add the tutorial for skin changing that I wrote up for Adil_7.

As for fighting styles, I'll get to that later on. Right now, I'm doing some video recording for a mod that I made.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
There, I added it in.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »
...look forward to this mod, and wd for the tuts gd work :happy:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mods for Bully - Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
@ RedBlaster and BullyModder123
 I will be coding up a autopatcher system for brand new modders to use to make changing fighting styles easy and without having to learn a hex editor since that is still beyond what some ppl are willing to learn. This will have a menu system to select the character and the fighting style you want but this will take some time for me to code up and I will need to have the full assistance of everyone thats been changing fighting styles to help me with creating a library of every possible style to incorporate into the patcher. I will start work on this after my current projects are done with which will be a while yet.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:29 PM »
^ Literally all the possible fighting styles are in Act.img.

But there also has to be a way to change the AI of a character. That way, some fighting moves that can't be achieved just by adding a fighting style can then be done (like Johnny Vincent's beta double kick, which needs Derby's AI as InsanityGames has found, seeing how he only does it during Derby's boss fight).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:45:14 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »
yea you are absolutely right on that. I will say this much tho.

If I or another of us manages to crack the format of the default.idb files and figure out how those files are created....then we will be able to use the default.ide files to generate new ones which if that can be done...then the fighting styles shoudl be fully cracked and working without having to resort to a ton of guessing which can sometimes have unpredictable results....you Red should know what I mean there being a modder yourself.

I will say tho that the pressure is mounting tho since atm the only active modders are myself, you, Steman, InsanityGames and BullyImod123 and that is pretty much it. Since noone else that I personally know of has gone this deep into the game's files before and this is all very much uncharted territory. I have found quite a lot myself but even I don't know everything about bully and I doubt outside of the rockstar devs, noone will. Atm the best option for us to solve this stuff is like I've said before many times to just band together, trust one another and work as a team on different things, compare notes and doublecheck eachother's work and then get it ready for a public release after things are checked to be sure nothing is missed. If that cannot be done then I will say that our little community thats just starting to get some fire under it's feet will surely fail like so many others have, which is one main reason why I have stepped in like I have and taken on the challenge of figuring out as much about the game as possible and posting tutorials for ppl to read. Tho if I have said anything out of line or context let me know so I can correct it  8)

Offline GamerLover98

• I LOVE PLAYIN GAMES LIKE BULLY!!! XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
thank you so much for teaching us how to spawn characters in free roam it worked and my game didint crash :) but how can i edit some weapons to spawn in free roam like the sledgehammer? or is it possible to modify maps like how can i make the boys dorm have a second floor just like the girls dorm?

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 08:56:20 PM »
@ RedBlaster and BullyModder123
 I will be coding up a autopatcher system for brand new modders to use to make changing fighting styles easy and without having to learn a hex editor since that is still beyond what some ppl are willing to learn. This will have a menu system to select the character and the fighting style you want but this will take some time for me to code up and I will need to have the full assistance of everyone thats been changing fighting styles to help me with creating a library of every possible style to incorporate into the patcher. I will start work on this after my current projects are done with which will be a while yet.

When will this be coming out?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:44 PM »
Since I am working tonite to get a beta done....most likely tomorrow at earliest since I will want Steman to look it over before releasing it here in beta form. The entire list of possible peds to use with this patcher is somewhat staggering and a very very very long list due to almost every ped having one or more alternate versions such as different outfits...like halloween version...and so on and it will take a few days to get the full patcher done up.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 04:01:45 AM »
thank you so much for teaching us how to spawn characters in free roam it worked and my game didint crash :) but how can i edit some weapons to spawn in free roam like the sledgehammer? or is it possible to modify maps like how can i make the boys dorm have a second floor just like the girls dorm?

To spawn the sledgehammer, you do that in pedstats.

As for modifying maps, we're not even close to accomplishing that, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.