News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [PC][Tutorial]Import own model in game  (Read 35067 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
Re: [PC][Tutorial]Import own model in game
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
Interesting.
Could rigging Niko Bellic be possible?
Replace him with Juri cos the voice actor also voiced Niko. XD

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »
You could try. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

If you have done rigging before then it is basicly the same for bully too. Only thing different is the model file format and a few steps may be a little different...but more or less its the same procedure all around.

Offline Somco01

• Life can be like a rotton onion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »
I don't know how to make or edit 3D models or something. And i'm not good with Blender or any other 3D making programs. Wish someone could teach me.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
i dont have any experience either but ive recently started trying to learn. there are plenty of tutorials online, and plenty of people willing to help u if u are having trouble. What im saying is dont  give up.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
You could try. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

If you have done rigging before then it is basicly the same for bully too. Only thing different is the model file format and a few steps may be a little different...but more or less its the same procedure all around.
I'd see it as a reverse process for GTA rigging.
I don't know about the textures though.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
I want to remodel one of my retextured characters, so he can have an Afro!! That would be cool and he would be different from any model in World.img, hellz yea!!

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »
I want to remodel one of my retextured characters, so he can have an Afro!! That would be cool and he would be different from any model in World.img, hellz yea!!

There are several ways that this could be done. Personally the easiest way I can think of would be to see if there are any models in gta san andreas for example like the model of cj that has the afro and basicly export that model to 3ds max and modify that, then export the model from bully you want to modify and get that into 3ds max too. and basicly add the part of the afro itself to the bully model and redo the texture from scratch. Then save it in the proper .nif format and put it in bully. You have to make sure the model retains any rigging it had since adding a afro to a character's head would be pretty easy to do if you have done any 3d modelling before.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 09:34:20 PM »
Thanks, I've always struggled with rigging and remodelling, at least in Blender, how much is 3DS MAX?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »
$3,495 and a bit over $1,000 to upgrade to a newer version from older.

I have my copies due to being a longtime beta tester for autodesk and the fact that I have literally a lifetime license for any version of it. Same with most other types of software that I have.

I may be able to get you your own free license if you want and give you some tutorials for using 3ds max since it is really one of the best 3d apps out there....even if a bit overpriced.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
Thanks, I've always struggled with rigging and remodelling, at least in Blender, how much is 3DS MAX?
Fuck knows, I got mine free from ThePirateBay, lmao.
If you sign up as a student you get it free and legally though.

If anyone wants a GTA model, just ask me and I'll (try) to provide.
Imagine, CJ VS Niko VS Tommy VS Algernon and Algernon wins....  XD

Offline ahtam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 05:55:08 AM »
Can you make a video tutorial for the stupid, how to change the standard model and add it to the game?

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
I got a question - Would Milkshape work on doing this? Blender.org won't work for me.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 04:06:09 PM »
MilkShape would work but you would have a lot more work invested in converting the resulting model back and forth between the proper formats......and milkshape is more of a sculpting 3d app vs a 3d modeling app like 3ds max or maya.

I would suggest to not discuss any torrent sites here since that is basicly like admitting to stealing and it can possibly have embarrasing or dire consequences later on if someone from the anti-piracy organizations finds a way to harass you due to admitting downloading something from one of those sites.

I personally have nothing against piracy since some companies deserve it for the very out of reach prices they put on quality software.....but I also try to avoid talking about that subject in a public forum due to the potential for problems later on down the road.

I can get free licenses (legit) to some people if they are needed bad enough and if the person proves to be willing to learn the program and not just simply get free expensive software just because they can. I have a lifetime license to a lot of software that is out there along with multiple extra unused ones that I recieved due to my many many years of beta testing for quite a lot of companies.

That being said....

3ds max and maya are the two top end 3d modeling apps out there (two most expensive too) with c4d and others being under them to some degree and in the end it really is just a matter of preference rather then a matter of what is the single best app for that.

There are quite a few people that prefer other apps to 3ds max.....and they can do just as good with those apps as with 3ds max.....so its just a personal choice there.  8)

I myself prefer 3ds max since I have used it for a very long time and am well versed in how to use it....not a expert by any means since I am still learning everyday on new techniques to use with it.....and always experimenting with various rendering engines as well.....which pixar renderman and lux render are the two best rendering engines I have used......the renderman rendering engine I use tho is a custom version built solely for my use......while lux render is totally free and does a good job...providing you have a very powerful pc since renders with lux will take quite a long time to complete.....even tho none of the rendering engines I mentioned matter when it comes to doing models for bully....but figured I would just throw that out there just the same  8)

Offline frogz2007

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 01:43:08 AM »
Somebody should make a custom police car and turn it into a bluesmobile since it has the BDR-129 plate and then turn the cops into the blues brothers  :cool: I would die peacefully  :innocent:

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »
Is this vanja guy still exist ??
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:25:06 AM by Rambo7 »