News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Cam Hack?  (Read 5821 times)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Cam Hack?
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »
Most of you shoud know that there is a program for the GTA games called "Cam Hack".
It works for all of them (except maybe gta 4, since you can already 'hack the cam' with the video editor).
If any of you know if cam hack works for bully, please tell me.
I'm into making bully vids.
Here are some of my work:
Jimmy's Home Made Video
Bully - How to get a girlfriend
Jealous Love

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: Cam Hack?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »
your best bet for a free roam cam, would be to change jimmy into either a midget a rat or a dog, iv'e seen some threads with an invis jimmy but im not sure how this is done

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »
your best bet for a free roam cam, would be to change jimmy into either a midget a rat or a dog, iv'e seen some threads with an invis jimmy but im not sure how this is done

Will it really work if I make Jimmy into a rat?

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »
oh soz, misread the question, as far as i'm aware this wouldn't work as gta is a different game and the program/asi is coded specifically for this game

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:58:39 AM »
oh soz, misread the question, as far as i'm aware this wouldn't work as gta is a different game and the program/asi is coded specifically for this game

Well, if someone can make a cam hack for gta, then there shouldn't be any problems with making one for bully?  :confused:

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »
yea, apart from the simple fact that a scripthook is most likely needed for this

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
What is a scripthook?

yea, apart from the simple fact that a scripthook is most likely needed for this

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
I think it's some sort of in-game console.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 07:08:36 AM »
Damn you rockstar!!
Why did you do this to us? :<

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:13:40 AM »
Would've been cool if they made the game more mod-friendly.

But we'll crack it soon enough.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
Would've been cool if they made the game more mod-friendly.

But we'll crack it soon enough.

I can't wait.
It didn't take that long for anyone to crack the GTA files, did it?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:55 PM »
A bully cam hack is most deffo doable but it depends on how you want to take that project on. This could be done in several ways...a scripthook being the most doable way but scripthooks are also not simple to code unless you have c++ knowledge and have a firm understanding of the script structure of the game you are creating the scripthook for and understand how dll files are constructed as well..since scripthooks with a .asi extension are just renamed dll files written primarily in c++ or visual c++ and the only one for bully is the one that ntauthority has made and unless he releases the scripthook and or its source too....there won't be any easy way to create other scripthooks for the game. If I had a scripthook source from gta or another game to work from I could get a understanding on how to approach coding one for bully, but since I have been concentrating on cracking the game directly like figuring out the file formats...finding a way to decompile the lua scripts to usable sources....figure out how to generate new .idb files from the source .ide files that are present in the game....if those are figured out...a scripthook will be kinda pointless unless you are intending on adding a brand new function or feature to the game that cannot be added by way of any the built in scripts.

I do have a basic understanding how the cams in bully work which use coords like what the trigger files use....I can test a theory out soon and post a guide on how to edit the cam views when I have some time since I will admit I have been on a heck of a modding spree with bully lately and figuring out more and more each day..not to mention the help and teamwork with Steman has also given both of us a much broader understanding of the internal structure to bully and how it works in conjunction with everything else.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 12:51:27 AM »
Awesome!!!!
I really don't know much other then how to change skins for bully and edit some files out of ide.img .
If you crack the lua files, will you be able to do this?
What if you make the player able to have a first person view?

A bully cam hack is most deffo doable but it depends on how you want to take that project on. This could be done in several ways...a scripthook being the most doable way but scripthooks are also not simple to code unless you have c++ knowledge and have a firm understanding of the script structure of the game you are creating the scripthook for and understand how dll files are constructed as well..since scripthooks with a .asi extension are just renamed dll files written primarily in c++ or visual c++ and the only one for bully is the one that ntauthority has made and unless he releases the scripthook and or its source too....there won't be any easy way to create other scripthooks for the game. If I had a scripthook source from gta or another game to work from I could get a understanding on how to approach coding one for bully, but since I have been concentrating on cracking the game directly like figuring out the file formats...finding a way to decompile the lua scripts to usable sources....figure out how to generate new .idb files from the source .ide files that are present in the game....if those are figured out...a scripthook will be kinda pointless unless you are intending on adding a brand new function or feature to the game that cannot be added by way of any the built in scripts.

I do have a basic understanding how the cams in bully work which use coords like what the trigger files use....I can test a theory out soon and post a guide on how to edit the cam views when I have some time since I will admit I have been on a heck of a modding spree with bully lately and figuring out more and more each day..not to mention the help and teamwork with Steman has also given both of us a much broader understanding of the internal structure to bully and how it works in conjunction with everything else.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 01:12:46 AM »
if the lua files get cracked then I most certainly believe that it can be done...however a first person view would require more work then just modding the camera views since you would have to a lot to get a decent first person view along with the proper animations for it. but the first person view is also doable.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 05:35:45 AM »
What about a thirdperson view?
You would have to make a alot of testing, but I think it would be easier considering the fact that the camera could just be moved a bit forward and slightly to the left (or right, whichever you prefer).  :rolleyes:

if the lua files get cracked then I most certainly believe that it can be done...however a first person view would require more work then just modding the camera views since you would have to a lot to get a decent first person view along with the proper animations for it. but the first person view is also doable.