News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Environment interactions  (Read 5114 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Environment interactions
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:30 AM »
Interacting with mission specific stuff.

Surprise at the end!  :laugh:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFXdwfHWI4

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Environment interactions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 02:46:55 AM »
Awesome....First Elevator ride in Bully !  And, first time I seen them Rail Cars move. 
Last bit was Funny !

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
We need more stuff like this. It would have given the game such a more in-depth feel and made freeroam exploration more interesting.

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 10:56:24 AM »
Cool 8)
About that train, did you move it manually or automaticly?
and if it's manual, can you make it move automaticly?
I think, the logic is by moving the train to a point then wait for 5 sec, after that move back to its original point and wait for 5 sec,
and do it again and again or use the loop code

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:23:56 AM »
Awesome....First Elevator ride in Bully !  And, first time I seen them Rail Cars move. 
Last bit was Funny !

You can see the rail cars move and greasers pushing trees in Lola's race.  :P

Cool 8)
About that train, did you move it manually or automaticly?
and if it's manual, can you make it move automaticly?
I think, the logic is by moving the train to a point then wait for 5 sec, after that move back to its original point and wait for 5 sec,
and do it again and again or use the loop code

I made them move manually but I can also make them move automatically. The only bad thing is that they don't have collision.

As far as I understand trigger paths you can basically give movement to most (if not all) of the props in the game.

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »
That means you can make the huge bell from the school rooftop, up and down automaticly
That huge bell do have a collision, and making a boss fight in the rooftop with the automatic up and down bell would be hilarious 8)

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »
That means you can make the huge bell from the school rooftop, up and down automaticly
That huge bell do have a collision, and making a boss fight in the rooftop with the automatic up and down bell would be hilarious 8)

The trains actually have collision but only when they are not moving (except for the blue one idk why).

About the bells... they work differently. They use action nodes (as well as the falling tree) rather than paths.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 09:49:33 PM »
Some pretty good works right here. You should try the Autoshop gates got them working myself, also along with the Doors from the boss fight with Derby. The props are pretty interesting though most of them work with PAnimCreate and have their own valid animation's. I wonder why the props don't use regular action node sets its pretty weird. I also got the The Earnest boss fight super spud guns working somewhat. I am trying to figure out how to spawn my very own transformers for my Zombie mod now though.

AreaSetDoorLocked(TRIGGER._NERDPATH_BRDOOR, false)
PAnimOpenDoor(TRIGGER._NERDPATH_BRDOOR) Setting the very first door next to the library open or closed.
PAnimCloseDoor(TRIGGER._NERDPATH_BRDOOR)

Gonna try messing with the observatory door seeing if I can spawn my very own. Also trying to spawn some barricades.  PAnimGetPoolIndex("SC_ObservTrans", 33.179401397705, -130.37600708008, 10.680999755859, 1) This is the pool registered code but I can't figure out how to spawn the whole transformer at a set spot I will try playing with it eventually. I will put one near the autoshop.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 12:02:22 AM »
Last bit was Funny !

You can see the rail cars move and greasers pushing trees in Lola's race.  :P

True, forgot about that, since that was in a mission and one of the bike races.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »
Some pretty good works right here. You should try the Autoshop gates got them working myself, also along with the Doors from the boss fight with Derby. The props are pretty interesting though most of them work with PAnimCreate and have their own valid animation's. I wonder why the props don't use regular action node sets its pretty weird. I also got the The Earnest boss fight super spud guns working somewhat. I am trying to figure out how to spawn my very own transformers for my Zombie mod now though.

AreaSetDoorLocked(TRIGGER._NERDPATH_BRDOOR, false)
PAnimOpenDoor(TRIGGER._NERDPATH_BRDOOR) Setting the very first door next to the library open or closed.
PAnimCloseDoor(TRIGGER._NERDPATH_BRDOOR)

Gonna try messing with the observatory door seeing if I can spawn my very own. Also trying to spawn some barricades.  PAnimGetPoolIndex("SC_ObservTrans", 33.179401397705, -130.37600708008, 10.680999755859, 1) This is the pool registered code but I can't figure out how to spawn the whole transformer at a set spot I will try playing with it eventually. I will put one near the autoshop.

Peds and props are 2 completely different things, they don't use the same kind of animations. I guess that's why peds use PedSetActionNode and props use PAnimSetActionNode.

If you want to "delete" the default gate trying setting it a custom path that sends it far away so it dissapears from the observatory area. I will be making a tutorial soon anyways.  :cool:

Also you can simply spawn the transformer (the go kart if we are talking about rambo7's mod) using VehicleCreateXYZ in a custom location.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
Sheldon is now officially dead...But he'll revive...And he'll become Snitchimus Prime:Master of Snitching

Offline GaryHarrington

• A Guy Who Likes Open World and FPS Games
  • Just Love Bully and GTA ...Nothing Interested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »
Sheldon is now officially dead...But he'll revive...And he'll become Snitchimus Prime:Master of Snitching

How about pedro? XD

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 03:31:07 AM »
Naw,I've got nothing against 'lil Pedro,he's just shy and a bit mother dependant("a bit")...But Sheldon finds alright to snitch people,that kid deserves death

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
Don't worry I will kill hin later.

Offline GaryHarrington

• A Guy Who Likes Open World and FPS Games
  • Just Love Bully and GTA ...Nothing Interested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »
Don't worry I will kill hin later.

everyday i kill that little snitch XD and all the whores in game XD