News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Texture mods not working  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
Texture mods not working
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:12:28 PM »
I watched a tutorial on how to install a texture mod and followed everything correctly, however when I go ingame to see the new textures, they don't show up. (They use the default texture.)

Heres the tutorial I watched.

Bully Modding Tutorial - Editing Skins

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Texture mods not working
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
Well if you followed the tutorial correctly it should work...

only problem I could think of is you forgot to rebuild your archive maybe?
I suggest you use MadmaN's IMG tool rather then that IMG Tool 2.0 showed in the tutorial, works a lot better + you don't need to rebuild.

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »
Well if you followed the tutorial correctly it should work...

only problem I could think of is you forgot to rebuild your archive maybe?
I suggest you use MadmaN's IMG tool rather then that IMG Tool 2.0 showed in the tutorial, works a lot better + you don't need to rebuild.

Tried MadmaN's IMG tool and it wouldnt open world.img. It stopped responding, and when I rebuilt the archive I had the same problem. (The default textures still showed.)

Wait... this should be in the "Texture Editing" subforum shouldnt it?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:52:58 PM by Screenracer »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
Probably, I'll show a moderator so it can get moved...

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:10:27 PM »
I moved it to the proper area  :biggrin:

Ok, I am going to step in here and provide some assistance which should help a great deal.

First off...I am going to provide a writeup below which will be different then anything currently on the forum since this involves use of the new tool I released before I had to go into retirement from modding. Please follow this writeup as close as you can and you should have absolutely no problems. If you continue to have issues on your end then the cause of this may not be the writeup/tutorial or modding tool and might be caused by something else that you might be overlooking.

MadmaN's Bully IMG Toolkit writeup & mini manual.

Ok...This writeup and mini manual will assume you already know the basics behind how .img archives function and understand  the basics of how to work with them.

The first thingi you need to have is a copy of the Bully IMG Toolkit which is located here: http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=159 and what you need to do after downloading it is to extract the entire archive to a folder of it's own somewhere where you will easily remember. I usually just use a folder on my desktop called "Bully Mods" and just make a sub-folder inside it for each tool I use when I do modding.

Once you have this done you will see a series of sub-folders inside the main folder for the Bully IMG Toolkit and they are as follows:

Act
Cuts
DAT
Objects
Scripts
Stream

These folders are empty but in order to use the tool as intended you need to populate these folders with files. So what you need to do now is open up each of the .img archives of the same names as these folders and extract ALL of their contents to the proper folder such as: all files from Act.img go in the Act folder....and so on. The Stream folder is where you extract your world.img archive and it does take a little bit for that to extract because of the sheer number of files inside it which might cause all current tools to appear to lockup but in reality they will function properly if allowed to run until they finish.

Once you have populated the folders (you do not have to populate every single folder...just populate the ones you want for use in any mods you may be working on) next you need to create a backup of all of this for security incase you make a mistake and mess up your bully game files. Just make a new subfolder inside of the Bully IMG Toolkit main folder called backup and just copy each of the folders there that you extracted the .img archives to that you plan to work from.

Once you have done that you are ready to get started.

I created this toolkit to make .img archive editing to be as easy as possible and as fast as possible. Everyone that I have given a copy of this toolkit to during testing phases has found it to be the most useful .img editing software available and this software is also the ONLY software on the net that can make a brand new world.img for bully from the fully extracted/modded contents of the stock world.img.

This tool was coded as a full command line tool because gui based tools in my experience ....while they are nice and pretty and super simple for newbies to use....they are extremely limited in most cases as well and do not give you 100% full control over what you are doing so I decided to create a command line version instead of a gui version. This tool has it's own command shell that works similar to windows command prompt and lets you edit every aspect of the bully .img format and will let you do FAR more then any existing tool available. To make it easier for newbies and experienced modders alike this tool features built in support for batch files (.bat) that allow you to automate everything it does to make use of it extremely fast and easy. This is why the folders are required in order to use this as they are coded into the .bat files I have included with this package.

Before I go any further with this writeup...there is NO further need to rebuild .img archives with this tool.....rather what you do is work from these folders and modify any files directly...save them......and simply run the appropriate .bat file to build a new .img archive of the folder you are working from. ALL new .img archives you built will be auto saved to the main Bully IMG Toolkit folder along with the associated .dir files that are needed for each .img archive you build. All you have to do then is just move the new built .img archives to the proper area in your bully game folders and run the game to test what you just did.....this might sound like a little bit extra work but in actual practice this is far faster then any other method once you get used to modding in this manner....and it is also far more organized and will make modding a much easier task for you and anyone else that decides to follow this writeup.

Now...let's continue.  8)

what you should do now is whichever folder you wish to modify....for example: if you want to do skin mods....open up the .nif/.nft file(s) you want to edit or if you just want to swap stuff around....go ahead and do that. But...do this in the actual folder where the files are extracted and once you are done.....simply double-click on the proper .bat file to build a new .img archive of that folder that you were modding from.

Simply copy the .img and .dir that you just built to where it needs to go in your bully game install and run the game....test out what you did......and if you need to make corrections or mod some more....just repeat the process over....

When I get proper time to do this....I will make a full writeup on how to use every command manually and show you how to use this toolkit to even go as far as to edit the .img file header info or how to build .img archives that work for wii or ps2 since I have basic support for those formats built in as well....very untested however so your mileage will vary when working with that particular area.

I hope this writeup helps you with what you want to do and I apologise in advance for the fact this writeup is not as detailed as usual when it comes to a writeup from me....but it is all that I have proper time for atm so good luck....have fun using this new tool and if you have any questions just ask in this thread and I will try to explain things as best as I can.

Feel free to also ask DaBOSS for help with this tool as well since he tested this tool extensively during testing phases and knows almost as much about it as I myself do.

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:33:51 PM »
Getting issues trying to get it to create a new world.img for me. Heres what im getting.

record-2014.avi

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:45 PM »
BULLYImgConsole.exe isn't in your system32 folder. Your trying to run the program from that folder anyway so it is not working.

You must change the current directory to wherever your BULLYImgConsole.exe is located. Wherever you extracted it to from the release archive you need to put after CD.

Example...
Command Prompt
<C:\Windows\system32>CD C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Bully/Scripts

you could type that IF your BULLYImgConsole.exe is in "C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Bully/Scripts" but I have no idea where you put yours so, you'll have to change it a little bit.

Then after you set the directory, simply retry using the BULLYImgConsole.

OR you could just more easily launch BULLYImgConsole.exe, as it has it's own shell.

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »
Can someone tell me what clothes these files are?

CS_P_SSleeves10
CS_P_Pants3

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 05:15:33 PM »
Not sure, but CS_ means it's the cutscene version of the clothes so they will not appear in normal game.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »
Make sure they werent CS files. Also, make sure you save your texture as a .tga file otherwise it wont work. If you're following those and it shows the defualt texture, then u have the "frozen world.img" glitch. I've had it on my other computer.