News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Choose character to spawn?  (Read 2935 times)

Offline supersonic7628

• Yeah, but at least you still have me around.
    • View Profile
Choose character to spawn?
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
Can I set a certain character to spawn in free roam? Ex:Russell's spawning

Offline supersonic7628

• View Profile
Re: Choose character to spawn?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
Can I set a certain character to spawn in free roam? Ex:Russell's spawning
At a certain spawn point

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
Yes, you need Hxd editor. 

Here is a very good tutorial:  :)

Bully Modding Tutorial - FreeRoam
Characters

But i dont now if you can spawn a ped in a spawn point.    not through ide modding. You do it through

lua to spawn a ped in spawn point.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:52:05 AM by Mick3Mouse »

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »
Ya in Lua you can spawn anybody at any point :] Ex: Russell in the Harrington house.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
You will need to do a LUA script for this, a LUA can then be compiled into a .LUR which is how the scripts are. EX: The arcade race in the Boys' dorm is called ArcRace1.lur so when you want to play the arcade machine, the file ArcRace1.lur starts. So to make a LUA script start instead of the arcade race when you play the arcade machine, you compile a lua script to be a lur file then replace the arcade one (ArcRace1.lur)
So first go to your C drive (Open the file manager thingy) and create a new folder called "LUA" there, or anything you'd like. Now inside put the Bully LUA Compiler (Included here with attachment) then make a new .txt document and change it to be named "luascript.lua" (Yes take off the .txt part) then open it in notepad or better, notepad++.
Here's code for a LUA script to spawn a ped (Put it in your luascript.lua you just made.

The code was originally here but now an attachment to save room.

There is a note "The -- part" in there, that's where the ped spawns. It spawns at variables for X, Y, and Z. XYZ are variables you see above there. Change them to the co-ordinates you want to spawn in. (Search for a coord grabber if you need to obtain coordinates, there's one on Bully-Board by manman) the 176 you see before X, Y, and Z is a model number. 176 is Russell. Go into your objects folder, then open "default.ide" in notepad to view all model numbers. Put the model number for the desired character. The rest of the code you do not need to understand if all you want to do is spawn a ped. There is much more you can do with LUA: You should try to make some bigger mods with it to.
Your not done yet, open the "Scripts" folder and go into Scripts.img with the IMG tool (Google it)
(I will post another reply, I'm running out of room)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »
(Part 2 of reply) Now that you have Scripts.img open, find ArcRace1.lur (The arcade race in boy's dorm as explained earlier) and delete it. Go into command prompt (Press windows button and enter "cmd") now copy this and paste it in there

cd c:/lua
luac -o ArcRace1.lur luascript.lua

The cd part sets the directory to work in, the rest compiles the script into .lur. If you named your folder something other then LUA, change it accordingly. Same with file name if you named differently for the luascript.lua. Next, go back into the IMG tool for Scripts.img and go to "Tools" then "Add" then add the ArcRace1.lur that was created in your LUA folder. After, go back to "Tools" and "Rebuild Archive" now everything should be ready!
To use, play the arcade race in the Boy's dorm.
I hope this works, and I hope you find it useful because this reply took around a half hour, haha. And I'm a fast typer too. Tell me if you have issues with it or need help. Good luck!

Offline supersonic7628

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »
^ Thanks for the info and files

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »
^ Glad to help.
That'll be $100

jk  :laugh:

FaZe