News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Resident Evil Past,Present,and Future  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • My Butt Is Permanently Glued To This Chair
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil Past,Present,and Future
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 12:40:59 AM »
Capcom used to be a great publisher, with great in house developers. They have went downhill fast in the last several years. This all started after Resident Evil 4 came out. Capcom which ultimately surrounds the whole Capcom Five fiasco lol, which to me, was the begging of the end for the company.

Every popular series it has, has went down hill since then in some way. I myself still enjoy their games, but they are struggling. This goes with certain figures like Shinji Mikami leaving the company too.
This is going to sound so weird, but if you compare the characters that came after RE5 to the way they're modeled in RE5, the ones AFTER look so awkward. Awkward, jerky movements. Their walking is weird ... like how could you be amazing with your character models in an alright game, but fail so hard in subsequent games? It makes no sense.

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • My Butt Is Permanently Glued To This Chair
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 12:42:54 AM »
Found an OK video, just watch the first character's 'laughing' motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOicpVUy0Do

It's so awkward and doesn't flow very well. It's like an indie company with very limited funding made this. This doesn't bode well for a big name company.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »
I think it all comes down to the artist really. The character designers are different than they use to be, along with the technical people who do the code and the same with the ones who do the animations.

The last game I played was Resident Evil 6, and it was only long enough to be the stories of Leon and Chris. I haven't touched it since then either. Its sad because I used to love this series and had a huge passion for it.

I had never looked into anything after 6, but that video of Revelations 2 is sickening.

This is off topic, I thought the new Devil May Cry was good. Most fans hated it mainly for the different look of Dante. Why I feel the urge to state this I do not know.