News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: What Bully 2 should "Borrow" from other games  (Read 1788 times)

Offline residenteviloutbreak

• Go away.
  • "Did someone crap in your bed?"
    • View Profile
What Bully 2 should "Borrow" from other games
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »
We all know R* is most likely developing the all wonderful and epic Bully sequel, but what should R* bring over from other games?

I think we all know "Rage" would be used, so i dont really need to say much. But with the other things, i can think these would be pretty nice features:

- Territory Takeover (From GTA SA). - Allow the protagonist to take over areas of Bullworth Town (Or wherever it takes place), for his own faction.

- Character creation (From Saints Row 2,3,4) - While i DO REALLY want Pete to be the protagonist, it would be also cool if we could do something from THQ`s Saints Row franchise. Allow us to design our own character, choose a voice, and make that character really "you".

- Guns (Not lethal), but guns like a BB Gun, Watergun, etc. (Or else Hilary Clinton and Jack Thomson will cause the next pearl harbor)

- Massive environment - Bring back bullworth, but make it 10X larger. I Always felt Bullworth should of been bigger.

My personal "Wants":

- Pete as protag
- Current and Next Gen console release. (I want B2, but will not be upgrading to a new console for a few years so i can see how reliable they are)
- NO multiplayer. Multiplayer ruins good single player experiences.
- DLC. But *GOOD* Dlc. DLC that adds more missions, characters, locations, etc. No stupid petty DLC like weapons, clothing, etc. Lets not stoop to COD or Saints Row levels R*...
- Better combat. Combat in bully was pretty lacking. When fighting, i had to deal with frustrating battles because characters constantly would knock me down nonstop or "tackle me to the ground".

Ps. Pete for protag!  ;D

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: What Bully 2 should "Borrow" from other games
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:51:47 PM »
As I have said before, they REALLY need to look at the fighting mechanics of the game series "Yakuza". I like the fast pace of the game, and also how deep and rewarding the combat system is (not to mention how heavy and brutal). There's a wide variety of styles for both the player, and the enemies.

Perhaps they could mix that with the team feel The Warriors had. It could produce some great results.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
On another note, as I said in another thread, one thing they must absolutely avoid is ragdoll physics. I don't want the game to feel realistic. I like the over top animations of getting knocked back and all that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:54:10 AM by Red Blaster »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
They should borrow some stealth mechanics from Manhunt and use them propperly. Bully wasn't meant for stealth, yet it called for it during quite a few missions. It was frustrating and way to difficult.

Another thing they should get is the burglary missions from San Andreas where you sneak into houses at night and steal things.
I want the main character to be a bit poor and rough. A bit like Jimmy, but struggling for financial survival.

They should use some minigames from GTA V like tennis and such. Maybe even target practise, but with a slingshot. And it improves your accuracy.