News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Plan on adding mental inmates in asylum  (Read 12211 times)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Plan on adding mental inmates in asylum
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
Alright, so here are my plans:

Theory 1:

* Replace orderlies skin and model with patients.
* Edit the orderlies hex thingies (so that they can't sedate or bust).

Theory 2:

* Remove the orderlies from the asylum by hex editing.
* Copy n insert text (making the patients behave as orderlies).
* Change the new "Orderlies" (patients) into behaving like students, unused psycho fight style, drunks, halloween students or nerds.

Theory 3:

* Find a way to get coords of the asylum.
* Make the inmates spawn at the coords of the asylum.

deadpoolXYZ

Re: Plan on adding mental inmates in asylum
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 04:30:18 PM »
For theory 3 check madman tutorial on spawning peds on custome interiors. The asylum is listed in the trigger.img that you can open with an img editor (SP_ASYLUM I think). I keep trying spawning peds but I always fail.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:54 PM »
I will be updating the ped spawning tut soon since I have since discovered some new info that makes the tut a little outdated. Certain interiors like the asylum, prep house and a couple others have population overrides that either force a population into that interior or forcibly remove it overriding the population.dat settings. I have figured out how to get past those but due to my time being spent on finishing up the current mods steman and I are doing as fast as possible....I havent had much time to update things on that front.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:20:41 AM »
That's great!
I really need your help with also spawning peds who are violent towards Jimmy.
Do you know what makes the Pirate tick?
I really can't find anything about him except his model and skin.
I wan't to make hobos and drunks attack Jimmy on sight and disable all other peds from appearing.
I've managed to edit population thingy which controlls how many and what type of peds spawn.
I set it to townspeople or adults.
I also found out that if you enable only townspeople and edit Fenwick's hex settings he will appear.
Maybe if we make the same for drunks and hobos?
If we just edit all townspeople/adults to FF FF FF FF and all that.

I will be updating the ped spawning tut soon since I have since discovered some new info that makes the tut a little outdated. Certain interiors like the asylum, prep house and a couple others have population overrides that either force a population into that interior or forcibly remove it overriding the population.dat settings. I have figured out how to get past those but due to my time being spent on finishing up the current mods steman and I are doing as fast as possible....I havent had much time to update things on that front.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
I followed theory number 2 and it worked! But there are some problems.

If I set the the inmates to DROPOUT they can attack outside the asylum but the ones inside can't and I don't know why. I mean they 'can' attack but when I hit them they doesn't get angry to start a fight. But if I set them to PREFECT they can attack both inside and outside the asylum but jimmy can't block any attack (as they are an authority figure).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:03:08 PM by deadpoolXYZ »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:08 AM »
Amazing!
Could you possibly upload your ide.img ?
Did you manage to make Fenwick spawn as well?

I followed theory number 2 and it worked! But there are some problems.

If I set the the inmates to DROPOUT they can attack outside the asylum but the ones inside can't and I don't know why. I mean they 'can' attack but when I hit them they doesn't get angry to start a fight. But if I set them to PREFECT they can attack both inside and outside the asylum but jimmy can't block any attack (as they are an authority figure).

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 08:07:51 AM »
At the moment I only spawned otto and henry. Fenwick is listed as TOWNPERSON. When I try to change it to PREFECT (so he can attack) the game crashes.
I'll upload soon.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:20:24 PM by deadpoolXYZ »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
Truly amazing.
Think of what we could do with other characters!
Anyways, how do the orderlies interact with these patients?
I saw Fenwick on one pic (or so I think).
I tried playing with the "Psycho Fighting Style" and whenever I started to hit orderlies, they would just insult me and then ignore me.
Other times they would just not care and act like something invisible hit them like "What was that?!".
Probably because the patients were coded to NOT attack orderlies and if they did they would probably run away or hide.
Truly amazing find and work you did.
I really hope that I can work with you on this one.
Can you teach me how you did what you did?
Do the mental patinets have the townie style or inmate style?
From the look of those pics I can see, but when I edited with Hxd they would only use the townie style.
I really don't know why.
I just changed their code-thingy into 01 00 00 00 .
Kind of weird.
Fenwick with adult seems to work.
I attacked him and he just said stuff back like "You're not my friend!!" and so on.
I was able to bully him from time to time.
Really strange indeed.
Anyway, please tell me how you did what you did :)

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
Theo (the orderly) spawns in the asylum even if he is set to not spawn in the whole game (FF FF FF FF). For example gregory (the black orderly) is set to not spawn in the game like theo but he doesn't spawn in the asylum. There should be a way to spawn an especific ped instead of the whole faction he is.

The problem is that I'm not spawning them Im replacing theo with otto. So making them spawn in the asylum makes theo to not spawn in there. That means you can't see an orderly and an inmate in the asylum at the same time (until someone gets theory 3 to work).
What I did was just copy otto_asylum codes:

DO_Otto_asylum..
DO_Otto_asylum..
....Medium..DROP
OUT.STAT_DO_STRI
KER_A...F_Douts.
DO_Striker..DO_StrikeCombo..Stra
f_Dout..ÿÿÿÿ/Glo
bal/DO_Striker_A
....Act/Anim/DO_
Striker_A.act...

and then paste it on theo:

TO_O
rderly..TO_Order
ly_W........Huge
....PREFECT.STAT
_LE_ORDERLY_A...
LE_Orderly..null
....Authority...
Straf_Male..ÿÿÿÿ
/Global/LE_Order
ly_A....Act/Anim
/LE_Orderly_A.ac
t...

then do them same thing coping theo codes and pasting them over otto_asylum ones.

Then change otto faction from DROPOUT to PREFECT otherwise he can't attack for unknown reasons. The strange thing is that if I spawn otto in free roam (not only in the asylum) and keep his faction as DROPOUT then he can attack but inside the asylum he can't.

The inmates default fighting style when you spawn them is the one the townies/dropouts use not the crazy one. It's hard to make them spawn with the crazy fighting style.
First replace otto_asylum fighting style with the crazy one:

F_CRAZY.G_St
riker...null....
null....ÿÿÿÿ/Glo
bal/Crazy_Basic.
Act/Anim/Crazy_B
asic.act....

As you can see crazy fighting style is shorter than the townies one. This means that if you start the game it will crash. So first find a character that his fighting style is the same size that the crazy one (lucky_ween or peanut_gs). Then replace his fighting with the townies one (not the crazy!). If you did right then your game will start fine and the inmates will look more scary. You can also do this with other characters (Algie XD).
Oh and thanks to red blaster for discovering the fighting style!  ;D

Sadly fenwick is not in the pictures you can only see otto. I wanted to spawn him but his faction is TOWNPERSON. Changing that faction to another one makes your game crash.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:18:01 AM by deadpoolXYZ »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
good work deadpool

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
That... is.... f*cking... amazing....
Woow you just... you just got me.
I am amazed!
You should totally help me with the zombie mod.
Would it work if I changed a students behaviour into one of them orderlies or cops (so that at night they attack due to curfew).

Theo (the orderly) spawns in the asylum even if he is set to not spawn in the whole game (FF FF FF FF). For example gregory (the black orderly) is set to not spawn in the game like theo but he doesn't spawn in the asylum. There should be a way to spawn an especific ped instead of the whole faction he is.

The problem is that I'm not spawning them Im replacing theo with otto. So making them spawn in the asylum makes theo to not spawn in there. That means you can't see an orderly and an inmate in the asylum at the same time (until someone gets theory 3 to work).

DO_Otto_asylum..
DO_Otto_asylum..
....Medium..DROP
OUT.STAT_DO_STRI
KER_A...F_Douts.
f_Dout..ÿÿÿÿ/Glo
bal/DO_Striker_A
....Act/Anim/DO_
Striker_A.act...

TO_O
rderly..TO_Order
ly_W........Huge
....PREFECT.STAT
_LE_ORDERLY_A...
LE_Orderly..null
....Authority...
Straf_Male..ÿÿÿÿ
/Global/LE_Order
ly_A....Act/Anim
/LE_Orderly_A.ac
t...

then do them same thing coping theo codes and pasting them over otto_asylum ones.

Then change otto faction from DROPOUT to PREFECT otherwise he can't attack for unknown reasons. The strange thing is that if I spawn otto in free roam (not only in the asylum) and keep his faction as DROPOUT then he can attack but inside the asylum he can't.

The inmates default fighting style when you spawn them is the one the townies/dropouts use not the crazy one. It's hard to make them spawn with the crazy fighting style.

F_CRAZY.G_St
riker...null....
null....ÿÿÿÿ/Glo
bal/Crazy_Basic.
Act/Anim/Crazy_B
asic.act....

As you can see crazy fighting style is shorter than the townies one. This means that if you start the game it will crash. So first find a character that his fighting style is the same size that the crazy one (lucky_ween or peanut_gs). Then replace his fighting with the townies one (not the crazy!). If you did right then your game will start fine and the inmates will look more scary. You can also do this with other characters (Algie XD).

Sadly fenwick is not in the pictures you can only see otto. I wanted to spawn him but his faction is TOWNPERSON. Changing that faction to another one makes your game crash.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »

DO_Otto_asylum..
DO_Otto_asylum..
....Medium..DROP
OUT.STAT_DO_STRI
KER_A...F_Douts.
f_Dout..ÿÿÿÿ/Glo
bal/DO_Striker_A
....Act/Anim/DO_
Striker_A.act...

TO_O
rderly..TO_Order
ly_W........Huge
....PREFECT.STAT
_LE_ORDERLY_A...
LE_Orderly..null
....Authority...
Straf_Male..ÿÿÿÿ
/Global/LE_Order
ly_A....Act/Anim
/LE_Orderly_A.ac
t...

F_CRAZY.G_St
riker...null....
null....ÿÿÿÿ/Glo
bal/Crazy_Basic.
Act/Anim/Crazy_B
asic.act....

Then swap Fenwick's stats with another person.

Problem solved.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »
I can try thanks.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
I can try thanks.

It's easy man.

Just copy from Huge/Large until the /Anim/ part, and swap it with a Striker's stats so that giving him the asylum style becomes a whole lot easier.

That's how I spawned the Townswomen as Bullies.