News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully.exe 100% decompiled  (Read 10127 times)

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Re: Bully.exe 100% decompiled
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »
Yup when you said console I immediately understood :). Thanks.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »
This is a great thing since I was only able to decompile the exe to about 90% due to the fact the exe uses a unknown encryption for a portion of it and BullyIMod123 seems to have gotten past that...I have taken a look at the source he managed to get and its amazing...it lists everything that Steman and I have been wanting to find out regarding our own works but the assembly source as it is cannot be recompiled to make a whole new exe. The reason for that is the game is technically written in visual c++ and that language also adds other things to teh executable like embedded dll files...etc for it to execute and recompiling it in assembly will not allow it to run. This however will open more doors so to speak in modding the rest of the files as well as me finishing a trainer for bully I have started (which is still in planning stages and research). I can say tho that once I figure out how to fully decompile the game's lua scripts....I can patch the executable to allow the game to run the normal lua scripts without requiring them to be compiled since lua is meant to run as is and does not need to be compiled. Most ppl compile lua simply to keep ppl from looking at and stealing their code or to prevent modding of said code....the only benefit is a very slight decrease in script execution time which really imo is not worth going thru the trouble of compiling it since there are quite a few games out there that use non compiled lua scripts with no speed issues whatsoever...hl2 and garrys mod for hl2 is a prime example and I know that game and mod quite well being a former hl2 modder myself, which is why I am so adept at coding in lua. If I knew just how the lua scripts were laid out syntax wise I would simply just code new ones myself but since I dont have that info....decompiling the existing scripts is the only way since it is quite pointless to bother hex editing the lua scripts since you can only modify a tiny portion of it. I will be working with BullyIMod123 with this as well as finishing my work with Steman on our mods that we still need to finish up and release so I will be dividing my time as equally as I can between these projects...since decompiling the lua scripts is the biggest priority. I will be releasing a interiors mod here very soon btw since Steman and I have been working back and forth on that and I have managed to remove all doors and access the specific interiors ppl have been wanting to access....some of them which Steman found with his hidden interiors mod require custom trigger/door markers to access....I know how to spawn custom door markers...etc as well as know how almost everything in trigger works so I will make a post regarding all this once Steman and I iron out a few more things regarding that. At any rate a big congrats to BullyImod123 for his work in getting the exe decompiled to assembly bytecode since I was unable to fully do it.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
Hmm yes, so basicly inbetween all the technical jargan here, to cut a long and detailed post short, what your saying is he hasn't managed to get it as a executive in game yet fully working? (which explains why i was being purposely and rudely ignored)
also mad, does it list and should i cease work on all the model id peds and weapons?
...Didn't know you managed to add custom the markers, great work and as always I look forward to planning with you the custom points and anything else which we need to plan.
@Imod would this not work if you just decompiled this to a ASM, edited it, then recompiled again to a executable? if not what are the next steps you and mad will take to enable this?, and if you havn't managed to get it fully working, how do you know with full confidence that a menu of some sort will come up with all of the options you've stated in the first post and more besides. once aggain congrats

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »
Hmm yes, so basicly inbetween all the technical jargan here, to cut a long and detailed post short, what your saying is he hasn't managed to get it as a executive in game yet fully working? (which explains why i was being purposely and rudely ignored)
also mad, does it list and should i cease work on all the model id peds and weapons?
...Didn't know you managed to add custom the markers, great work and as always I look forward to planning with you the custom points and anything else which we need to plan.
@Imod would this not work if you just decompiled this to a ASM, edited it, then recompiled again to a executable? if not what are the next steps you and mad will take to enable this?, and if you havn't managed to get it fully working, how do you know with full confidence that a menu of some sort will come up with all of the options you've stated in the first post and more besides. once aggain congrats

I don't think he meant to ignore you, especially rudely. I've been sometimes "ignored" too.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
well it seems that way to me, he'd have to be blind to miss that post

Offline ArchDemon436

• King Of The School
  • One step means One chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
Console Commands

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
I have suspected console commands for some time since gta and several other games have much the same thing. I am working to go thru both bullyImod's source since his is incomplete but I managed to get the entire source finally last night while he and I were talking but due to some code errors it may be some time before it can be recompiled due to the fact that even decompiling the game back to assembly....the code can still get all messed up and it still wont be the same as the original sources which in this case is visual c++. If ntauthority reads this he can likely explain far better then I can and will know what I am talking about since he can code as well just he is a bit of a ghost these days probably due to having a lot going on in real life or somthing....noone would know unless he would explain and thats fully his business.

@Steman...I have gotten custom markers working but they are still buggy but I will be playing around more with them in the next few days to see what I can manage with them. I will make a detailed tutorial on how to do custom markers here soon as I finish ironing out a few minor details and make sure I have not missed anything that might bite me in the butt later on down the road.

@ everyone else
 if anyone wants to take a look at the sources I can post them in the section Steman and I share. I will just warn everyone in advance that assembly language is not easy for most ppl to read let alone understand since its such a low level language....considering its the base of almost every language since every language can be disassembled to assembly sources and with some work able to be recompiled again. I will resume my work on a possible trainer to enable some things after I get some other more important projects with Steman finished up.

If anyone wishes to help just pm me or BullyImod or post such here in this thread since any help at this stage is always greatly appreciated by everyone involved and it just helps get the main things figured out faster.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »
FUCK YEAH!!!
That's so cool!
I am so proud of you, son!! :>

Offline saurabhb47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 10:11:21 AM »
lets hope this works....

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
I know this is a long bump, but how do I get this console?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
I know this is a long bump, but how do I get this console?

That's being worked on. We still haven't gotten it yet.