News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Create A Character?  (Read 44483 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Re: Create A Character?
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:40 PM »
That's one thing I've noticed as well. Pretty much all R* games don't give the option of difficulty settings. Its just pre-set by R* to become more and more difficult as the game progresses. If you think about it, most things in their games are pre-set by them.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2011, 12:55:42 AM »
Yep it's always been like that, I personally don't mind it either. But after beating Bully so much, I'd like to have a bit more challenge for it.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2011, 02:55:15 AM »
I usually don't mind it. R* sets the games up so well that its already a challenge.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
In most cases yes, but out of all the games. I felt Bully was by far the easiest one.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »
Bully was fun. It was something for kicks. Anyone who gets LA Noire is gonna have quite a hard time. You WILL be going back for second runs on cases. This game is nothing near simple.

Offline Blackie

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
I for one don't really care whether they have customizable characters or not. I think it would be better for them to create the character, like always, so they can focus on other more important things.

For online, I agree with other people- it would be good to customize characters so we don't all look the same. I imagine it would be SO fun to beat people online or get my ass kicked as well. Its a good idea to be able to join a clique online so that we could set up "clique wars".
The only drawback I see to that is that more people might choose to join a clique over another, creating an imbalance.

It would be cool if you could create your own clique, sort of like a clan, so that all the B-B members could be together and kick ass :D

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »
I like the whole "create you own clique thing". Go around and recruit people to join you. That would be nice.

I like being able to make and edit my own character. One game I saw this in was Syphon Filter: Omega Strain. To have R* use such a feature would be something new since they've never done it yet.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »
I personally think, it should be a thing where you pacify all the local cliques, and then take the fight to other gangs with all the people you recruited.

Offline Blackie

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »
Sure, the option of customizing is nice, but I don't really think it matters.

On second hand, it would be cool to see a mini you walking through high school and doing mischievous deeds.

Ehh I'm split up by this. However, I believe it might be a lot of extra work that isn't really necessary.

Offline JP9

• Euphonium Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
Well in my Bully 2 concept Create-a-Character is in there. You go along a set storyline like Bully but with a created character. For the names it cold be a pre-set list, just not saying the name, or a single set name that you get no matter what.

EDIT: You know what? I'll change it to a pre-set character to keep it simple.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:35:56 PM by JP9 »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2014, 10:14:35 PM »
Don't know just why this Topic died, but it deserves a new look by the newer (since 2011) members.

Offline Bryce Montrose

• "You expect me to pity for you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »
It would be nice at least you can choose your clique is very annoying because I you be bound to be one that you do not like.
And also when your clique choose your fighting style would be equal to them, you choose a mentor and won their skills some more for you can follow the game with Jimmy (invincible).

Offline BullworthChampion

• The Champ
  • Straight up awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2014, 12:27:10 AM »
There can be a lot of things done with Jimmy, people saying he's done or there can't be anything left in store for him have little to no, story writing talent. CaC would be nice but that's Saints Row over there with Adult Swim. This is Bully over here with Rockstar.

Offline MrJordan

• Your friendly neiborhood Smexay Black Kid~!
  • Yung Weeb Gawd~!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2014, 03:45:30 PM »
There can be a lot of things done with Jimmy, people saying he's done or there can't be anything left in store for him have little to no, story writing talent. CaC would be nice but that's Saints Row over there with Adult Swim. This is Bully over here with Rockstar.

It'd be cool if we had Create A Character. Plus I believe Jimmy could definitely still have a major role in the game, it's just that it would be cooler if he was relagated to a more supporting role in favor of a potential custom main character that the player can completely design themselves and decide the path of without the game doing so automatically in the story.

Offline Spaps

• Spy
  • Mahlons
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
creating a character would probably make it so that your character doesn't have a voice and is Mute, We don't want that do we?