News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Why do people make style mods?  (Read 7046 times)

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
Why do people make style mods?
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:10:23 AM »
This question suddenly came to my mind and I think I should talk about it here. Why do people still make fighting styles feom other characters for Jimmy when Jimmy already has the best style in the game?

Offline boyser

• Wazzzuuupppp
  • THE REAL G IS ME
    • View Profile
Re: Why do people make style mods?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:37:23 AM »
4 fun ;D ;D ;D ;D

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:46:22 AM »
The same reason why people make gun mods in gta. While in games like gta you fight other people with ranged weapons, in bully the main feature is close combat. It was very lame that in a game like bully, where there are countless creative fighting moves (shoutouts to Sota Yuyama), you are limited to use jimmy's fighting style.
You are right, Jimmy has the strongest fighting style but that doesn't mean that it's the coolest. It's even a miracle (or rockstar leftovers?) that npc's fighting styles are compatible with the player. What if fighting style mods were never possible?

Now every fighting style mod I see is just a recycled idea or a copy paste from the lua nodes section with strafe/talk interaction/background music.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:05:36 AM »
Bully has a unique fighting system, unlike GTA.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:07:11 AM »
The same reason why people make gun mods in gta. While in games like gta you fight other people with ranged weapons, in bully the main feature is close combat. It was very lame that in a game like bully, where there are countless creative fighting moves (shoutouts to Sota Yuyama), you are limited to use jimmy's fighting style.
You are right, Jimmy has the strongest fighting style but that doesn't mean that it's the coolest. It's even a miracle (or rockstar leftovers?) that npc's fighting styles are compatible with the player. What if fighting style mods were never possible?

Now every fighting style mod I see is just a recycled idea or a copy paste from the lua nodes section with strafe/talk interaction/background music.
I do agree with you. I think Lemon has almost done everything that can be done with styles, only Edgar's dodge is left...

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 02:02:22 AM »

I do agree with you. I think Lemon has almost done everything that can be done with styles, only Edgar's dodge is left...

I actually have acquired Edgar's counter dodge a while back, I will make a video on it sooner or later, but I have tons of work to be done via school.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 02:30:17 AM »
There seems to be a certain attitude in this side of the modding community.
People often go "Oh! You don't know how to do that?! HAHAH!", instead of actually explaining it.

Or someone just shows off their work, refuses to share the sourcecode and people got upset over it.
So much drama.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:15 AM »
There seems to be a certain attitude in this side of the modding community.
People often go "Oh! You don't know how to do that?! HAHAH!", instead of actually explaining it.

Or someone just shows off their work, refuses to share the sourcecode and people got upset over it.
So much drama.
Very true, I remembered one time when a newbie asked for strafing and many people simply said "Nope".

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
People get bored of the same style the whole game.

And to make people jelly.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 12:16:25 PM »
Modding fighting styles is for difficulty (giving the player a less OP style) and also for some added style (some coolness you might say).
It's just something interesting. In GTA for example, a minigun is the strongest gun, but you still want to use a good ol' firework launcher, because it looks nice and is interesting.

It's sad sometimes that it seems a majority of modding is only on styles when there are so many other things people could do, such as missions or something with actual gameplay.

With the "drama", people create playable styles and that's great. Often, they don't want to release, which is entirely their choice and should be supported. It's nice of them to show it off for us to watch even if we can't play it, it's okay if they don't want to release. Attacking others for making a similar mod however is terrible, as the entire concept of "styles" is already defined by the game and by Rockstar games as they, the developers created the styles, not any modder. Therefor, nobody owns any rights to any specific style as they didn't even make the idea or any unique animations. They find animations/actions already in-game made by Rockstar and put them to use in their mods. So any recreation of the same mod isn't stealing, since you didn't own it to begin with as you made nothing new, but just made something already created and in-game a bit more usable.
If one makes a mission with a storyline they made up and is unique, or if someone makes a mod with unique gameplay not already found in the game, then they own the idea for the mission and a recreation of the idea without the author's consent would be stealing. This doesn't apply to styles, nor model selectors, as they have nothing new/unique/creative to them and could be made identical by several modders without seeing the other modder's versions. Styles are made up by Rockstar games and already in-game, so anyone can create them, and nobody can claim credit for any code already existent in the game that isn't new. Model selectors are nothing creative/unique and is a general useful idea, so multiple versions of a model selector (or any type of selecting mechanism for an in-game element, such as weapons) is not a unique idea that one can own, and anyone can make one without it being considered stealing. Finding the actions that make up a style is finding content already in-game as well, and no modder owns the actions at all just because they found it. It's all owned by Rockstar games, so any modder can use any type of action node they wish as no modder owns it. The only content modders own, is mods that are unique, such as a mission with a creative storyline.

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:44 PM »
I don't think modding is as.. big as it used to be, anymore

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about?

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »

She's fucking talking about how there is less fucking popularity in fucking Bully modding now then there fucking was before.

It does seem there is a bit less activity, but there certainly still is some.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 01:03:41 PM »

Making lua mods is less popular but styles and shit is everywhere.

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »

Making lua mods is less popular but styles and shit is everywhere.
Not many new ones