News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *Tutorial* How to change skins DETAILED  (Read 42998 times)

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
*Tutorial* How to change skins DETAILED
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
Okay, I know this has been done on the ultimate modding thread but this will be very detailed since back when I was really new to Bully on PC I was desperate too change skins. Now I will teach you how :)

Message to Guests... STOP BEING A LURKER AND SIGN UP! lol

1. Okay first you have to download IMGTOOL2.0 from the GTA Garage

2. After doing so open IMG TOOL, then click on "File" then "Open" then click on World.img

3. Find the the Nif and NFTS of the character you want to play as
(I will use parker as an example)

4. Don't delete the ones with CS at the begginning since those are for the Cut scenes and if you delete it your world.img is fucked

5. Extrack Parkers Nif and NFT to Stream (Parkers nif and nft should look like this) PRH3a_Parker.nif   and     PRH3A_Parker.nft

(Now I will show how to replace a costume with a Parker skin (I will use the red ninja as an example)

6. Type in SP_NinjaR and don't delete the ones that start with CS

7. Go down until you find 4 Sp Ninjar nifs, it should look like this 

SP_NinjaR_FT.nif  and under the FT you will see SP_NinjaR_H, L and T.

8. You will now have to delete sp_ninjar FT, H, L and T

9. Go down until you find SP_Ninjar_FT.nft and SP ninjar H and L and T

10. Now before you delete the nfts go into the stream file that is in bully then copy and paste Parkers NIF and NFT 4 times EACH

That should be a total of 8.

Now what you have to do is re-name parkers nif and nfts to the name of the outfit you are deleting.

BUT BE SURE YOU DO IT RIGHT!

Even though you deleted the NIF of the SP_Ninjar don't delete the NFT before you re-name Parkers nif and NFT to the SP_Ninjar outfit.

After re-naming them it should look like this

SP_NinjaR_FT.nif
SP_NinjaR_FT.nft
SP_NinjaR_H.nif
SP_NinjaR_H.nft
SP_NinjaR_L.nif
SP_NinjaR_L.nft
SP_NinjaR_T.nif
SP_NinjaR_T.nft

^^
Those files have to be in stream now for the next step

Now after Re-naming them you will now delete the Nft files of the red ninja outfit.

Now we are nearly done.

Now what you do is after deleting the NFT of the red ninja you will have to go to "Commands then click on "add"

Now select all the SP_NinjaR files.

But be sure to not select the world files!

So just highlight all the SP_NinjaR files then click on open 

Now all the files should go down to the bottom, after this has happened Go to commands then click on "Reuild archive"

This will take a few minutes.

After you have rebuilt the archive exit out of the IMG TOOL and start the game, go to the closet/ wardrobe then go to the costume you used to change skins and you should be the person you wanted to change skins to :D

But be sure to take the SP_Ninjar files out of the stream after you have done it and you defitinaly know you have changed skins because if the game crashes you will have to change skins all over again and do the boring bits.

But if you make backups its as easy as just deleting the nif and nft of the costume then the add and rebuild archive

But that is a tut for another time.

I hope this helped you and if this did just lay the smackdown on the Appluad button! xD

This was my 300th post  :D

Happy modding!  :cool:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:12:06 PM by AlexTheGreaser »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: *Tutorial* How to change skins DETAILED
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »
excellent tut greasers well done, i'm sure people will be able to follow this good, if you want this can be added to umt aswell as a link?

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:18:14 AM »
excellent tut greasers well done, I'm sure people will be able to follow this good, if you want this can be added to umt aswell as a link?

Thnx, and sure, I don't mind. I just wanted to make a full detailed one. And if it helps people then yeah, post it to the umt if this is a good tut :)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:40:35 AM »
yea its looking good matey, tell me if your satisfied or not with it, im sure this tut will spice things up a bit now and give people a descent selection to choose and refer from well done mate :happy: and congrats on the 300th post aswell got mine about a week ago also

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »
Thanks mate :)

I am honoured to be on that thread and yeah, I'm greatly satisfied with it :)

Thanks again Stem   8)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 05:49:48 AM »
Its an honour to add you in  :laugh:

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 05:59:15 AM »
Thanks, I once again thank you and Mad for helping the community..

Gman is a great modder but he never shares, and both of you know as much if not more then GMAN and greater then that.. You both share! :D

We all do appreciate you and Mads hard work.

But the bad thing about sharing a lot is leeches, but best thing to keep them away is ban them xD

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 06:05:49 AM »
Ahh, omg I just looked at my Karma and saw I had 500 :o

Thanks if you did that  :blush:

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 06:06:40 AM »
I'll give you some (regardless if you gave me some or not)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
 :laugh: yea its great when other people like yourself start to get involved in the community and help it snowball like this, more people are joining the board than ever before and its growing at an alarming rate, I've allways said its only a matter of time before things take off and the hoping is over, sooner or later another NT is going to come through the door.

In my opinion a great modder allways shares their work but that's just me, collectively me and mad have released more mods and delved into finding more stuff than anyone has before and i think this speaks for itself that teamwork is the way forward, I'm sure the moderators know and have a good idea on who these culprits contaminating the board are. once aggain congrats and thanks, dont forget to send me a pm we will talk on their. aye and it was me  :P

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:44 AM »
Sure, I returned the favour of Karma since you deserve way more then you had before :P

But don't expect me to become a great modder like you and Mad :P

I am a basic modder but I could never mod as well as you 2 and we both know that :)

But my previous posts explain it, You 2 have revolutionised bully modding, Gman did the first major mod but you 2 have done a lot of major mods and shared. So I'm sure most of us respect you and Mad.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »
thanks for the karma, yea we're quite greatful for this recognition of the work were doing, it is something i personally have craved for a while and i'm not ashamed to abmit this, i know other modders want this recognition aswell but dont say so personally for me its because iv'e sacrificed a lot of time when i could have been doing other stuff and now im stuck in rl and i wanted to know weither this time sacrificed was worth it in the end or just a complete waste.

mind you i know theirs better modders than me about i know theirs a few people working on big things like this debugger for example which will change everything and whoever cracks it weither it be imod or mad for this they will be hailed.

The truth is Greasers that i'm not actually that good of a modder in all honesty, i started off as a basic modder like yourself with little knowledge also, it was only untill i decided to mod .img files and do things differently which gained me access to the interiors which was my first real breakthrough in revolutionising modding as you put it and for that i would have to agree, but the secret is you just have to view things differently than everyone else, while people are messing about with fighting styles and doing the same old mod different day, you have to create new ideas and thats all their is to it really, know what your looking for and thats it, theirs no skill involved, just an unshakeable determination, intuition and a small amount of creativity for making ideas, after all it is only file modding.

Offline Xavier the vampire

• Vampire is dark gift you really become vampire.
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 07:23:43 AM »
I know how to change skin for Play as Gary Smith in bully scholarsip.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »
Good for you  ;)

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »
Nice guide greaser and congrats for your 300 post.