News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: No HUD Mod / Help  (Read 4233 times)

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
No HUD Mod / Help
« on: March 19, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »
Hello, is there an easy way to disable the HUD on Bully SE Steam version?

I found this command but I don't know how to use it; CounterMakeHUDVisible(false)

Can anyone help me, thanks  :)

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
Re: No HUD Mod / Help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
I don't know what that function does, but to use it you can just add it to the STimeCycle script and then compile it

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 12:32:14 PM »
I don't know what that function does, but to use it you can just add it to the STimeCycle script and then compile it
How can I add it to STimeCycle? I have IMG Tool 2.0

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 02:43:57 PM »
I have not made a mod that messed with scripts until now so this might be incorrect:
First of all, open the folder where Bully is installed on your computer and backup the 2 files inside the "scripts" folder.

Then, you are going to need a lua compiler. The only one that works with this game is in this link:
https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=17590.0
Just follow the instructions on that page to install the program.

Then you are going to create a blank text file. You can edit it with the standard windows notepad editor but I would advise using notepad++
Then, you need the source code for STimeCycle:
https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=17594.0

Copy and paste the source of STimeCycle.lua to the text file you created.

Now for the change you want right at the beginning:
Code: [Select]
main = function()
  CounterMakeHUDVisible(false)
  repeat
    Wait(1000)
  until not Alive
end
You just add that function you found at the beginning like you see above (I am not really sure about this...)

Save the file with the name "script" and change the extention from .txt to .lua and save it on the same location you have the compiler downloaded earlier

Then, to compile the code you need to open the command prompt and navigate to where you have the compiler.
Then run the following command:
luac -o STimeCycle.lur script.lua
After that you will have an unreadable file called "STimeCycle.lur". To make the changes you need to replace the file in the scripts folder with the same name (using IMG Tool 2.0 for this)
Rebuild the archive, run the game and it should work!

If you are having troubles compiling I can help you with that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:46:08 PM by Razc01na »

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »
I have not made a mod that messed with scripts until now so this might be incorrect:
First of all, open the folder where Bully is installed on your computer and backup the 2 files inside the "scripts" folder.

Then, you are going to need a lua compiler. The only one that works with this game is in this link:
https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=17590.0
Just follow the instructions on that page to install the program.

Then you are going to create a blank text file. You can edit it with the standard windows notepad editor but I would advise using notepad++
Then, you need the source code for STimeCycle:
https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=17594.0

Copy and paste the source of STimeCycle.lua to the text file you created.

Now for the change you want right at the beginning:
main = function()
  CounterMakeHUDVisible(false)
  repeat
    Wait(1000)
  until not Alive
end
You just add that function you found at the beginning like you see above (I am not really sure about this...)

Save the file with the name "script" and change the extention from .txt to .lua and save it on the same location you have the compiler downloaded earlier

Then, to compile the code you need to open the command prompt and navigate to where you have the compiler.
Then run the following command:
After that you will have an unreadable file called "STimeCycle.lur". To make the changes you need to replace the file in the scripts folder with the same name (using IMG Tool 2.0 for this)
Rebuild the archive, run the game and it should work!

If you are having troubles compiling I can help you with that.

Oh man I get this error on command prompt

"'luac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

I was so close :( I installed vcsetup and copied msvcr90d.dll to system32 as well but no luck I guess.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 08:32:50 PM »

This happens mainly because CMD doesn't know where the exe file is, so it doesn't know what you're trying to call. The 'Windows' folder is a good place to put any command tool.

The 'Windows' and 'System32' folders are built in paths that CMD follows. The Windows folder has all of the commands CMD can run which are compiled exe files.

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 08:48:02 PM »

This happens mainly because CMD doesn't know where the exe file is, so it doesn't know what you're trying to call. The 'Windows' folder is a good place to put any command tool.

The 'Windows' and 'System32' folders are built in paths that CMD follows. The Windows folder has all of the commands CMD can run which are compiled exe files.

Thanks a lot for the info, okay I put LuaC.exe to windows folder, I tried it again and got the error again. Could you tell me what exactly I should write to command prompt.

I was typing this C:\Windows luac -o STimeCycle.lur script.lua

I'm doing this to remove the HUD by the way, I'm using fly2 camera mod and I just want to remove Hud and use freecam to make an NPC fights video but I don't even know if freecam will not break when I change the file.

I just wanted to mention this too because maybe there is another way.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »

Yes but if you place luac on windows files the scripts have to be compiled there too.

To get the cmd to the right location open the location where you have the compiler on. (for this example it will be C:\Program Files\LuaC)
To get this path just click on the adress bar and copy the contents.

Now to move the cmd to that location run the following command:
cd C:\Program Files\LuaCKeep in mind this path should be the one you got from explorer.

Now cmd should be in the right place and you can try that command I told you before.

ONE IMPORTANT THING:
I tried that script in game and it doesn't work however, there is another function:
HUDClearAllElements()You should replace it with the one you found
This one only removed the minimap and the clock still remained.... :(

I'm afraid this is all I could do, I am not familiar with script modding... Sorry
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:06:21 PM by Razc01na »

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
When you need to isolate the exe in a directory you might be able to hold down shift and press right click. 'open command prompt here' should be in the list.

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 09:11:16 PM »

Yes but if you place luac on windows files the scripts have to be compiled there too.

To get the cmd to the right location open the location where you have the compiler on. (for this example it will be C:\Program Files\LuaC)
To get this path just click on the adress bar and copy the contents.

Now to move the cmd to that location run the following command:
cd C:\Program Files\LuaCKeep in mind this path should be the one you got from explorer.

Now cmd should be in the right place and you can try that command I told you before.

ONE IMPORTANT THING:
I tried that script in game and it doesn't work however, there is another function:
HUDClearAllElements()You should replace it with the one you found
This one only removed the minimap and the clock still remained.... :(

I'm afraid this is all I could do, I am not familiar with script modding... Sorry

I have tried it and now I have a different error; The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Why is this so hard :(

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 09:25:15 PM »
I have tried it and now I have a different error; The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Why is this so hard :(

That's the error for visual studio. You must run the program "vcsetup.exe" that came with the rar from the first link. This will install visual studio 2008. Once it's done, it runs ok.
This apears to be all that's missing.

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 07:21:39 AM »
It worked but I did get the .lur file, instead I got this message;

C:\Windows\System32\LuaC: no input files given
usage: C:\Windows\System32\LuaC [options] [filenames].  Available options are:
  -        process stdin
  -l       list
  -o name  output to file `name' (default is "luac.out")
  -p       parse only
  -s       strip debug information
  -v       show version information
  --       stop handling options

Also thank you for testing the command at this poing even removing minimap is enough I can still make videos with clock on screen I think it is fine.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
That's the list of all the options you have with the compiler. To compile you write:
luac -o STimeCycle.lur (whatever name your script has)
For instance, if your script's name is script.lua:
STimeCycle.lur is the output compiled file.

Offline lastmandar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 02:45:28 PM »
You are right, I forgot to enter the actual command because I though it was an error or something.

Now I got a message like this when I entered the command:

C:\Windows\system32>luac -o STimeCycle.lur script.lua
luac: cannot read script.lua: No such file or directory

script.lua is there by the way, I put it in the system32, don't know what is still wrong

Offline J_Striker_A

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 03:02:42 PM »
you have to make sure that the .lua file and the LUAC are in the same file.
I would recommend watching SWEGTA's lua tutorial.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 03:05:43 PM by J_Striker_A »