News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Wheel Menu (PC)  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Altamurenza

• I love cheat, unique, realistic, & expansion mod.
    • View Profile
Wheel Menu (PC)
« on: August 31, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
WHEEL MENU
BY: ALTAMURENZA

"It's time to modernize this game mechanics."

Wheel Menu is a mechanism to 'do' something by selecting an option from the menu which looks like a wheel. There are many triple-A games who implemented this feature like GTA V, RDR 2, Mafia III, Watch Dogs: Legion, Far Cry 6, etc. This modification will allows you to use the wheel menu mechanics in Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC).

This modification is designed to be a mixture of newest game mechanics and classic game designs. I used the iconic yellow color, arial font, and rectangular texture to make this mod looks fit with the base game design. It also provides you many customizable and configurable things just in case we don't have the same preferences here.

- PREVIEW -

Looking for gameplay footage?

- DOWNLOAD -

(REQUIRED AND MUST BE INSTALLED FIRST)

(MAIN FILE)

(OLD VERSION)

- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -

Does it have controller support? (V1.4 or lower version)
Yes! Change 'use_controller false' to 'use_controller true' in the configuration.ini provided by the mod.
Instead of using custom activation key, controller users have to use Look Back (L3) to show/hide the wheel.

What kind of things are customizable and configurable?
You definitely can edit all texture components and icons used by the mod.
Also, there are many options in 'configuration.ini' to adjust like keys, colors, transparencies, etc.

Why do we need Derpy's Script Loader to be installed?
DSL is providing many cool features, drawing texture on the screen is one of them.
This mod Graphical User Interface (GUI) cannot be done without that.

- CLOSING STATEMENT -

Shout out to derpy54320 for her amazing Derpy's Script Loader mod! Without it, this mod is nothing more than a daydream. Also, maybe this mod is the first one released to public which requires DSL, so i hope people can help her to complete the DSL as soon as possible by cheering her up in anyway.

Support me to keep making mods by not reuploading or redistributing this mod to somewhere else.

Check out my other released mods: ALTAMURENZA MODS
Subscribe my YouTube channel: Altamurenza

INFORMATION FOR ADVANCED USER

CHANGELOG:

* 1.5:
   - Fixed incorrect left hand and right hand indexes
   - Fixed a bit of inconsistency in animation stuff
   - Removed 'use_controller' setting from 'configuration.ini'
   - Changed key input from in-game button format to Direct Input Keyboard (DIK) codes
   - Changed mouse input from in-game button format to custom mouse codes
   - Added joystick key mapping using in-game button format
   - Added real time switching between joystick and mouse & keyboard key mapping
   - Added quick swap weapon using hotkey (123456) based on wheel menu weapon categories
   - Added 'toggle_activation' setting for togglable GUI under [KEYMAP] in 'configuration.ini'
   - Added 5 new configuration keys for joystick key mapping under [KEYMAP] in 'configuration.ini'
   - Added 8 new configuration keys for hotkey under [KEYMAP] in 'configuration.ini'
* 1.4:
   - Added compatibility patch for Derpy's Script Loader 4
   - Renamed 'config.ini' to 'configuration.ini' to be not confused by DSL default config for collection
* 1.3:
   - Fixed a slight yellow line at the edge of statistic bar
   - Fixed item change sound played even though there is only one item in the category
   - Added support for Tab↹ to be the activation key
   - Added support for stopping wheel menu script in the game
   - Added 6 new icons for apparel tab
   - Added new texture for statistic bar
   - Improved static texture design by adding gradient between the true color and black
   - Improved interactive UI design by adding animation for visual illustrations
   - Added toggle 'animated_icon' setting to 'config.ini'
   - Added toggle 'animated_stat' setting to 'config.ini'
   - Adjusted height position of tab information to be more higher
   - Adjusted yellow color to be more brighter
   - Removed rectangle texture behind tab information
   - Removed many unused "SetTextureBounds" in the internal code
   - Enabled 'game_motion' and 'game_sound' by default
   - Disabled 'game_filter_show' and 'game_filter_fade' by default
* 1.2:
   - Initial release

NOTE:
-  In DSL 4, Derpy has made some changes in key input functions which make
   the Wheel Menu 1.2 and 1.3 unable to 'do' something based on your
   selected option. The bug is already patched in Wheel Menu 1.4 or greater.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 07:58:52 AM by Altamurenza »

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Menu (PC)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 10:03:28 PM »
Oh dang, this looks really nice. Would have been great to have this in the base game rather than having to scroll through items one by one.

Offline Kizmizz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 06:07:14 AM »
Great mod, although it will crash if you start a dodgeball game with this mod installed, mine does when I start GYM 2  :(

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 01:47:50 AM »
Great mod, although it will crash if you start a dodgeball game with this mod installed, mine does when I start GYM 2  :(

I tested it myself and I found out that DSL caused a crash in dodgeball minigame.
In other words, it has nothing to do with the wheel menu mod.

Thanks for the report, I already forwarded the issue to the mod author.

Offline LostJak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 09:43:47 PM »
Hey Altamurenza! Amazing mod, the idea to be able to remove accessories is great. I'm trying to use it, so I've been doing some tests. I have ran into a few issues and I also have some suggestions, if you don't mind!

Issues:

• Super Spud Gun is transparent and has a white square as icon image.
  • It's really hard to select options on the left or the right in the Wheel Menu when using a controller. When moving the analog towards either side, nothing happens. You can only move all the way up or down, and try to let the analog go at the right time so it stops in the option that you want that is in either side.
  • Trying to take one hand accessory off will take the other hand accessory off instead. Trying to put it back on or take it off again has no effect. If a hand accessory is already off and you try to take it off, it will take the other accessory off instead. Trying to put it back on will work only the first time.
  • Sometimes, when selecting a Hand accessory option, the Wheel Menu closes and then it never opens again and it also disables the standard way of selecting weapons ingame (previous weapon and next weapon buttons).

These issues can be checked out on this video (which is also attached to this comment): https://streamable.com/ox0718

Suggestions for settings in configuration.ini:

• A way to disable any modded items (such as the Super Spud Gun) in the Wheel Menu.
  • A way to set an in-game button id for key_wheel_menu, so controller users can set which button triggers the Wheel Menu.
  • A way to trigger the Wheel Menu as either holding or toggling the button.
  • Make the buttons set as key_prev_category and key_next_category work outside of the Wheel Menu, just like the buttons set as key_prev_tab and key_next_tab do. (Example: you're still able to check tasks and secondary tasks when outside the Wheel Menu, but you aren't able to cycle through weapons in the standard way outside the Wheel Menu).

Being able to change between an inner shirt (such as a T-shirt, long sleeved shirt) and outer clothing (such as a hoodie), instead of just the tank-top, would be great, but I know this is probably way out of scope :P Thanks for the mod btw!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 09:52:33 PM by LostJak »

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 02:00:22 AM »
Thanks for the report, to be honest, I rarely use a gamepad in my gameplay because for some reason my condition makes me easier to use keyboard and mouse instead of controller. So, I'm sorry if I didn't pay much attention to gamepad users like you, I'll update the mod to be more friendly for gamepad users.

• Super Spud Gun is transparent and has a white square as icon image.
Sometimes I experienced the transparent super spud gun too even without any mod installed, I'll trace it further later. But, the white square icon is pure R* fault because there's no icon file for the super spud gun in "../Bully - Scholarship Edition/TXD/HUDElems.nft" and the game will show a temporary icon (white square).

To remove the modded weapons:
1. Open "../_derpy_script_loader_/scripts/Wheel Menu/item.lua" with Notepad.
2. Delete GROUP_01_REGISTER('GUN', 396, nil, nil, 'SSG', true).
3. Delete GROUP_01_REGISTER('OTHER', 420, nil, nil, 'FL', true).
4. Save and close the file.

• Trying to take one hand accessory off will take the other hand accessory off instead. Trying to put it back on or take it off again has no effect. If a hand accessory is already off and you try to take it off, it will take the other accessory off instead. Trying to put it back on will work only the first time.
  • Sometimes, when selecting a Hand accessory option, the Wheel Menu closes and then it never opens again and it also disables the standard way of selecting weapons ingame (previous weapon and next weapon buttons).
It seems like I made a mistake by setting 'none' to the other hand slot which cause a conflict between functions in the script. Does DSL console tell you anything about an error? The error notification would be really helpful to track the issue.

Being able to change between an inner shirt (such as a T-shirt, long sleeved shirt) and outer clothing (such as a hoodie), instead of just the tank-top, would be great.
You can change the Tank Top to any clothing you want by editing the item.lua. Find GROUP_02_REGISTER('TORSO', nil, 'P_SSleeves11') and replace 'P_SSleeves11' to 'P_SSleeves3' (White T-Shirt) or 'R_Jacket1' (Tuxedo Jacket perhaps if you're psychopath wearing Tuxedo under your School Uniform).

Or.. if you want to add a new clothing layer to the Wheel Menu, you can just add GROUP_02_REGISTER('TORSO', nil, 'P_SSleeves3') below GROUP_02_REGISTER('TORSO', nil, 'P_SSleeves11') so you can switch between layers easily.

NOTE: "P_SSleeves11", "P_SSleeves3", and "R_Jacket1" are the model name of clothing which can be found in World.img.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 02:02:29 AM by Altamurenza »

Offline Kizmizz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 05:10:27 AM »

I tested it myself and I found out that DSL caused a crash in dodgeball minigame.
In other words, it has nothing to do with the wheel menu mod.

Thanks for the report, I already forwarded the issue to the mod author.

Has the issue been resolved?

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 05:08:09 AM »
Has the issue been resolved?

Yes, it was fixed in DSL 4.