News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Cannot get Visual Studio 2008 to install to avoid side by side error  (Read 1359 times)

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
I have just gotten a new harddrive for my PC and I?ve been trying to run LuaC on it copied from my old harddrive along with the msvcr90d.dill file (copied to System32 folder) and the vcredist_x86 and vcsetup EXE files. However, my PC has a server connection error for when I try run the vcsetup exe file and won?t download any of the files in it. I have downloaded Visual Studio from vcredist_x86 but no new files show up on my computer and I tried running vcsetup multiple times with Visual Studio 2008 being installed and uninstalled in these attempts. Any advice?

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
Re: Cannot get Visual Studio 2008 to install to avoid side by side error
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 07:13:46 PM »
Also, I still get the side by side error when I try to run LuaC with visual studio installed from the vcredist_x86 EXE file tho like I said, no files involving Visual Studio get added after I install it so I think something probably isn?t working on my computer.

Offline RBS ID

• I don't know.
    • View Profile
    • This is website title.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 08:49:26 PM »
Use this, this luac.exe doesn't require VS 2008.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ujiwxau24kver7z/scripting_tools.zip/file

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:54:36 PM »
Thank you so much man! I seriously appreciate this  :D