News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Please add Flash tags  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Peter

• Expelled
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.xgenstudios.com/member.php?u=7455
Please add Flash tags
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:35:52 PM »
I was wondering if you would be able to allow Flash tags in the forums. I find it really frustrating that I can't embed a video, nor can I show off my flash signatures. All of the vBulleting forums I have been too allow Flash tags. I hope you consider this, it will also greatly benefit the BB Mag, as we are considering using Flash to create an interactive magazine.

Please consider this DGAF, I would really love to show of some of my Flash sigs, and it will be better for people who want to post youtube videos.

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
Please add Flash tags
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:59:23 PM »
im not into the techincal mumbo jumbo.. but that might be alright

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
Please add Flash tags
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
Just PM DGAF.

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Please add Flash tags
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
Ok, i can allow HTML in the magazine forum but i dont want to run it across the whole messageboard due to bandwidth usage, if everyone started having flash signatures hosted then its gonna start to slow the board down. Like i said though, i will make HTML available in say the magazine forum and then maybe a seperate forum to show off your flash stuff?

Offline Peter

• Expelled
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.xgenstudios.com/member.php?u=7455
Please add Flash tags
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »
Quote from: DGAF;30955
Ok, i can allow HTML in the magazine forum but i dont want to run it across the whole messageboard due to bandwidth usage, if everyone started having flash signatures hosted then its gonna start to slow the board down. Like i said though, i will make HTML available in say the magazine forum and then maybe a seperate forum to show off your flash stuff?

Oh yea, I forgot about the bandwidth. Not to seem rude, but how many people would have flash signatures? The private mag forum does not really need HTML because the finalized copy of the mag will not be posted there (since the forum has limited access). I was thinking of posting the magazine somewhere else, where everyone can see it (that is the point :roll:).

Anyway, perhaps you might think about possibly considering a thought about having a trial period with HTML on. If the bandwidth usage will be very high HTML will be disabled. Unless of course you already tried allowing HTML...

Offline Hopkins93

• View Profile
Please add Flash tags
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 01:02:01 PM »
thanks DGAF, this will help us