News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: FULL Explanation on Bully Textures  (Read 2800 times)

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
FULL Explanation on Bully Textures
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »
I have edited Bully's textures a lot, and I know the way pretty much everything in Bully's textures work. I thought I would share all this information with the community. This is not a tutorial, but will help people that are having trouble.

So when most people open up a texture in nifskope they see 3 lines, like this.

So if you export the first one, if it is Darby, for example, it will say PRlead_Darby_d.tga
_d means that this is a diffuse map. Diffuse maps control the color of the model, so that is the one that people mainly edit.

But if you export the second line, it will say PRlead_Darby_s.tga
_s means it is a specular map. Specular maps controls the shininess, lighting, highlights and other related things. This isn't so useful or interesting, so we usually do not mess with it.
The third line, if exported will say PRlead_Darby_n.tga

_n means normal map. Normal maps control the bumps and shape of the model. If you look at a normal map you will see it is purple and some parts are elevated higher than others while some parts are lower. A good example of what a normal map does is creases in clothing. Normal maps can be pretty cool and useful to edit.

So that covers each type of map and what it does.

Some characters have the head and skin in a  separate file, so don't think something is wrong if you can't find the clothing. In this instance just edit each map separately. That's not too complicated, but I thought I would include it just in case. Vehicels are also set up in a similar way, with the wheel, window, body in separate files.

This is not all there is to Bully textures but it should cover a good bit. Nifskope is not always the most reliable program, and sometimes you will have a strange setup. One of these is having 9 lines instead of 3. I could go into how to edit textures with that, but its pretty complicated and could double the size of this post. If you do have that or any other problem, conact me and I will help you fix it.
Hope this helps some of you!

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
Re: FULL Explanation on Bully Textures
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »
mmm interesting   :euro:

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »
thanks

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
Why when you change jimmy skin through ide.img and not world.img it only changes his body physical but not his actual skin?

I mean when you do that with peds it works... but not with jimmy.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
Think of it like this: You have the skin (texture) but not the model. It works if you change jimmy to another ped with medium height (like Jimmy). But if you change Jimmy to let's say Edgar you are fitting a skin that was meant to be no a model with tall height onto one with medium. That help?