News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Modding Community Dying  (Read 7182 times)

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Bully Modding Community Dying
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »
Hello friends of Bully-Board, I am GreenOmnitrix/jedijosh920. I first started playing Bully on the PS2/Wii and one day I went on YouTube and saw all these great mods that people made for the PC version. After watching a lot of modding videos, I decided to get a copy for PC using "legal" methods. Now, back in 2010/2011, LUA modding was not known yet to a majority of people, so people like InsanityGames, Madman, Steman, Red Blaster, etc. helped me with ide.img for fighting styles and World.img for skins. As I was uploading more and more mod videos on my old channel, GreenOmnitrix, which got deleted for copyright infringement, a viewer asked me if I had a BB. I asked him what BB was and he said Bully-Board, so I googled it and made an account. The year was 2011, a lot of mods were made, and questions came in and were answered without any hassle about leechers, credit stealers, etc. People had fun and didn't care about credits, they just cared about modding the game and generally having fun! The year is 2015 now, mods have come to a new age, LUA modding, with more people asking questions and being blamed as leechers. Why is the Bully modding community dying you ask? Well, its because people only care about themselves, their reputations, and their credits. Maybe, just maybe, if we all worked together, shared a few things here and there, and don't falsely blame someone for being a leech, we can resurrect the Bully modding community. The point I'm trying to get across is: let's help each other out instead of causing drama.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you have a great day.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:50:32 AM by GreenOmnitrix »

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
Re: Bully Modding Community Dying
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:45:45 AM »

Hmm remember when the community was alive before the leeching? Hmm I do  :ajajaxh5:

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »
Good point, Josh. LUA has definitely taken Bully to a whole new level. It has attracted more members, but sadly, causing more drama.

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:01 AM »

Hmm remember when the community was alive before the leeching? Hmm I do  :ajajaxh5:

I do admit I took advantage of your kindness before, and I am very sorry about that. Hope we can probably make up, if you want.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »
I know I'm not a modder and probably I can't understand all this as good as you do...But as much as I've been seeing,many people around here is willing to help others rather than caring about themselves...
Like DaBoss,he's always willing to give new(and old) users a hand with modding(he offered me some actually)
I'm not an old BB user,but I've been here for much time without an user,and I realize thus place used to be wat more active than it is today...But (as I think)people gets tired of Bully,expecting the sequel(not my case),so it's obvious that in 2008 this place was more active...
Now that you say about modding,I would like to learn modding when I have some more spare time,and I'm gonna need help with it...So "I'm gonna need some serious backup"
Also (something I noticed) is that now a lotbof people is joining the board after the B:MP got annoinced,so that may mean that more future modders are coming...

Hope you respect my opinion as much as I respect yours,and that everything I said isn't offending anyone...

• 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 02:42:51 AM »

I do admit I took advantage of your kindness before, and I am very sorry about that. Hope we can probably make up, if you want.
That's not what I meant. You are going off topic.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:23:51 AM »
Yes, get your ass in the topic again josh!

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 11:35:23 AM »
The community was free of leechers? It's like people forgot about 360hackmaster and ug1.

Also there was still people who made mods only for showoff and never helped. Saurabhn (or whatever it was called) found out how to mix fighting style and didnt't reveal the method. Governmentman never explained how he managed spawn peds in interiors. Even mikerbarba kept a secret how he edited the act files.

The difference is that back in the day people like governmentman did all by themselves. Now the people who leech are also the people who show their mods and think they can mod for real (my revolutionary work no link pl0x blah blah blah).

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
^
Yup.

• 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
Now the people who leech are also the people who show their mods and think they can mod for real (my revolutionary work no link pl0x blah blah blah).
This ^

#Factof2015

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 08:10:53 PM »
The community was free of leechers? It's like people forgot about 360hackmaster and ug1.

Also there was still people who made mods only for showoff and never helped. Saurabhn (or whatever it was called) found out how to mix fighting style and didnt't reveal the method. Governmentman never explained how he managed spawn peds in interiors. Even mikerbarba kept a secret how he edited the act files.

The difference is that back in the day people like governmentman did all by themselves. Now the people who leech are also the people who show their mods and think they can mod for real (my revolutionary work no link pl0x blah blah blah).

*COUGH* Kami *COUGH*

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »

*COUGH* Kami *COUGH*
hmmm... Why was my name mentioned , didn't I give any credits?

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »

*COUGH* Kami *COUGH*
Nope. You took full credit for my Bif Boss Style.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 05:25:04 AM »

*COUGH* Kami *COUGH*
Nope. You took full credit for my Bif Boss Style.
I planned to give you credits m8 but you just bitched up.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 06:12:27 AM »
Slightly off topic but relevant,

Most of you know me as a GTA SA modder.

Don't know how many of you have subbed to me on YouTube, or saw my recent work on GTAInside.

Some of you know I recently learnt how to rip models from GTA V, which I had a LOT of help off JediJosh.

Would I have been doing these mods now IF Josh never taught me how to rip? Hell no.

Teamwork goes a long way, if we all work together, I'm sure we can all make some fantastic mods.

Maybe not something like All R* maps in Bully SE, but maybe something cool, like a custom cutscene, custom mini-map, custom HUD etc.