News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *Tutorial* How To Make Backups For Skins  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
*Tutorial* How To Make Backups For Skins
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:46 AM »
Hey guys, It's Alex here A.K.A Greaser/Greasers and I am doing a mini-tut today.

I'm Pretty much explaining how to make backups for skins if you have to re-install the game and don't want to do all the boring bits on having to change skins.

Now, if you don't know how to change skins a good start would to go check out my detailed tutorial on how to change skins. Found here

http://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=15093.0

If you are having problems changing skins even after reading my tut, don't hesitate to ask me questions about it. I will do my best to answer the question :)

Now, here are the steps.

1. Move the files out of Stream before re-installing

2. Move the files to a new folder for example "Parker Skin Backup"

3. Re-Install Bully

4. Move All Of Parker's backup files to Stream

5. Open up world.img with IMGTOOL

6. Find the nif and nft of the costume you replaced with the person you changed skins to

7. Delete the nif

8. Delete the NFT

9. Go to Commands and select "add"

10. Highlight all the costume names, and be careful to not highlight the 2 world files.

11. After adding and it has gone down to the bottom rebuild archive

12. Play as the person you where before the game crashed :D

I hope this helped you and this tut should make up for me not playing Bully for a few weeks and not bothering to :P

Happy Modding  8)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:36:17 PM by AlexTheGreaser »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: *Tutorial* How To Make Backups For Skins
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:17 AM »
good work al ;D

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »
Thanks Stem, but I don't think this is of much use to a lot of people. Look at the views (lol) But just decided to do it anyway :P

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:23:23 AM »
well, you've only just put it up, i'm sure it will come to good use in time, people search on google for these kinds of things

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
I hope so haha, so any new projects going on lately?

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »
naa not yet sadly mate, allthough i would like to see scripted fighting styles and vehicles FULLY enabled (this is possibly done in wprops.cat) i'm just settling into my new gaff at the moment, (no internet atm i'm affraid) i've decided to put this whole bully modding thing on hold till the forseeable untill im settled in etc

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 06:32:22 AM »
Take your time Buddy. I myself have not played Bully in weeks. Sort of forgot about it. I really need to find the disk :/

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »
Way I see things, it doesn't matter in the end if a ton of people view any tutorial you make, just as long as you are happy making tuts for people and besides....this is what the whole spirit of modding really is about anyways, helping others and it doesn't matter if its in a big or small way.

As far as projects goes, I am working on the bully: scholarship edition mega-mod which is taking time to finish due to what all I am doing with it. I have a topic about it which needs updating since I have done quite a bit more since making that topic and have added to the mod on what I will be doing since this will be the biggest mod to date ever released for the game.

I am actually trying to see if any modders former or current are interested in helping to get this done since anything someone contributes will be credited to them in the game credits page which I am modding since this mod is somthing that mods the entire game and not just a part of it. Work on it is slow since atm I am the only one really working on it and its very time consuming since atm I am working on custom texture replacement and am mapping out what textures are in which files so I can post the relevent info here on the forum for other people to use for modding specific textures.