News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Custom Character In Bully  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Somco01

• Life can be like a rotton onion.
    • View Profile
Custom Character In Bully
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »
Is it possible to create your own characters and have them in Bully? Because I kind of want to.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Character In Bully
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
-No asking for character model import so you can add Chuck Norris into Bully cause it isn't possible at the moment.

Topic Lock inbound.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
You can retexture a ped skin and add him accesories to make him look like a new character. But like xNarumi said, importing models isn't possible yet.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:36:56 PM »
Damn it, Deadpool beat me to it.... Anyways, as I was going to say....

Narumi is half right, half wrong... You CAN make new characters and keep up the illusion that it's your custom one, due to the wonderful fact of texture editing. You can make, for example.... Gurney! You can make Gurney look completely different than he was originally.

But if you meant a character model import, no... Not possible atm. (Unless someone has imported a character into Bully)

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:40:23 PM »
Damn it, Deadpool beat me to it.... Anyways, as I was going to say....

Narumi is half right, half wrong... You CAN make new characters and keep up the illusion that it's your custom one, due to the wonderful fact of texture editing. You can make, for example.... Gurney! You can make Gurney look completely different than he was originally.

But if you meant a character model import, no... Not possible atm. (Unless someone has imported a character into Bully)

Isn't possible at the moment.
This topic needs to be locked for that reason.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
I won't lock this topic because actually it IS possible to put custom characters into bully.

The trick is in duplicating the skeleton and rigging from another character that happens to be the exact same size as the ped in question that you would want to replace. There is also a possible way to add said custom character to have its own unique model id...but this would require rewriting the default.ide and making a new default.idb file like what is stored in the ide.img archive. Until the format of the .idb files can be figured out....this part will not be possible but replacing a existing ped with a similar sized model however IS possible since I have done this myself last year when I was experimenting a little bit.

Planning to do this soon to add the very first custom vehicle into bully along with some custom peds that I myself have created and rigged.....but this is something I cannot give any eta on so please do not ask when this will be done since one should never rush a mod.....trust me on this.  8)

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »
Isn't possible at the moment.