News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: So why do the prefects look like 30-year old's?  (Read 11834 times)

Offline Mattsy

• View Profile
So why do the prefects look like 30-year old's?
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:49 AM »
It never made sense to me. I always thought they should've looked around the same age as some of the older students. Their voices are way too deep for their age too. I also think they shouldn't have been able to just overpower any student in the game. The black guy (forgot his name) is barely any bigger than Jimmy and yet is able to overpower a guy who was able to beat up Russell no problem for no other reason than because he's a prefect and the game says so. And don't even get me started with Russell... completely ridiculous how the prefects tackle him like he's absolutely nothing. They really should've let you fight back against the prefects without having to deal with their stupid insta-kill move.

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
Re: So why do the prefects look like 30-year old's?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:23:55 AM »
Yeah, some of the things in bully are pretty fucking stupid. For the low voices, they're all seniors, 17 and 18, so it just makes sense that they would pretty much sound like grown men. The tackle thing is real bullshit though.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 01:54:06 PM »
Cocaine is a hell of drug.

I'm more baffled at the heights in this game tbh.

I was gonna ramble here but a new thread might be better, brb.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:21:11 PM »
Yeah. I remember near the end of the game Russell had no problem intimidating the prefect to help Jimmy (I think it was Seth). So after that I was like woah Russell is a beast, I should pay him to help me out and go fight some prefects. What happened when I fought prefects? Russell stood back and just cheered, gee, thanks.

I know this is more of a complaining kinda thread but if you're interested I have made mods to try and fix this, and in fact it fixes most the things wrong with the trouble meter. I may wanna make a new better version since I've learned a lot since I've made it, but basically it limits the trouble meter to the orange level (never red so the prefects don't come out of nowhere) until you attack an actual prefect or authority figure, only then can you get a red wanted level. Once you do that, Jimmy will automatically push the prefects/police off if they try to bust him and they will start fighting Jimmy with some other type of fighting style.

Offline Reebok

• Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »
I like how hard the prefects are, though. I love getting chased by them and all that too but my favorite part about them is the ability to stand back and slingshot the shit out of them until they fall. You don't always succeed but when you do, you can turn to your friend and be like "that's how you do it, bitch."

Seriously, though. Messing with prefects was always something fun for me to do at endgame.

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »
It always annoyed me about the over-powering thing. Like Karl is short as fuck, but he easily overpowers Russell, and, while I'm on the topic, Jimmy is short and doesn't even look that strong, yet he can easily beat up anyone at the school

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 04:59:23 PM »
The heights are way to tall

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 04:55:32 PM »
Yeh could not believe Russell could take on prefects.

Offline UltorUnit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »
When I was six I thought the prefects were adults, mainly because I was a dumb american who did not know what a prefect was, also because the looked 30 years old. Also when you hit them an you got a full red trouble meter I thought that happened because they were adults.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 06:35:29 AM »
Many of the lines you hear the prefects speak is really cringy. Same for cops. They try to sound like they enjoy abusing authority. They talk about "growth hormones" and the prefects even talk about having an army application. Prefects technically are adults by the standards of Bully, just really stupid.

The problem is when you see the students who are bigger then the staff, prefects, or any adults in general. To be that big in school is rare, and usually in senior years when you graduate. You are only that big after reaching roughly the ages of 18-20.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 09:10:10 PM »
I always wondered this. But it always worked because it was like the teenagers versus the adults.

Offline Emily

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
maybe it's because when you're a kid people in positions of authority all look like adults to you

like looking back in high school we all probably had teachers who were like 24 years old but i think we just imagined them being so much older because they're like...teachers, ya know? even in college TAs always seemed like they were so much older just because they were in charge. idk man. i think the game just exaggerates that concept a bit

either that or it's just a questionable artistic choice lol

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 12:45:03 AM »
That's... actually a really good point.

Offline SpyWhale

• Approved Whale
  • I Don't Like The Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 09:14:28 AM »
Huh. And here I was thinking this thread was a joke
Way to get deep

Offline Emily

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 12:28:22 AM »
i'm sorry lol i'll never do it again