News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers and OOB Exploration. [Now 80% stickier!]  (Read 139016 times)

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
Re: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers, Markers and OOB Exploration.
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »
If any of you have memory-offsets on the PC version, please post them in the memory offsets topic.
http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=11326

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
hello, minor update and probably one of/if not my last seen as weve cracked the interiors anyway :cool: (unless anyone can redeem the following) it seems that all versions of an interior ARE at their designated areas, its just a question of how we load specific items, how can i put this, let me explain, for example each interior has its own world which we know, but some items load at a specific point, eg the snow at christmas, the halloween decorations, they all load in the SAME WORLD (the spring/summer one)
now what we need to figure out is HOW the snow loads, how to load up the halloween when its not halloween, once we figure this it will crack the interiors 100%, weve cracked the interiors yes, but we still need to do it 100% what i mean is places like the auditorium which have seperate versions, the president one and the xmas one, the girls dorms (the trashed version) the burndown gym etc, they all load in the same location as the normal versions its just a question of loading the specific items at that time, thanks all and if any1 dusnt understand/can help please post
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:54:59 PM by Steman »

Mike_W

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »
 Man, these discoveries are so damn awesome!  It makes me dissapointed that I have the PS2 version!.

Offline Mercury

• Bullworth Official Steroids Dealer
  • Workout Freak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 05:38:21 AM »
I agree with you, Mike... Same for me !

Offline Weremuffin

• This title has no innuendo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »
Hm? Beta comic book stores?
Do post pictures of any of the beta interiors you find.

Anyway, The Halloween, Snow, Wrecked versions of interiors are likely Flags.
Flags are little settings that usually are a zero or one setting, meaning on/off respectively.

So for example, With a little playing with flags you could have Halloween decorations and Snow on the ground. Maybe.

Flags are likely also related to Props.

Anyway, The area where you fight Russel is indeed the School Basement.
The ladder bit isn't much of an argument, As they could do anything to affect the scene.
Also Gary is definitely the kind of person to pull up the ladder and maybe toss it down the Elevator Shaft so Jimmy couldn't get back up.

Anywaay. @Mike_W: Who knows? Maybe this stuff exists in the PS2 version? All it'd need is a little exploration.

.. @Steman again: Snow, as far as I can tell, appears to be a mask.
Being that it just applies a transparent image over the normal textures.
This would explain how Blue Skies Industrial can be covered in snow.
However, as previously mentioned, Snow is also a flag(maybe). So it could be set to appear at any time(maybe).

@Steman yet again about Rooftop: Not jetpack, Levitate Cheat. But whatever.
Flying up there shows really nothing of interest.
Only things solid are the Planks Jimmy must walk across, The central tower, and a couple boards leading downwards.
However if you activate the final mission, beat all the clique leaders and then go after Gary, The roof will be fully solid and contain all of the things it should.
It's obviously the same roof, As down below you can see the School Grounds and other students fighting. Also buildings in the distance.
And with a little trickery(flying away), You can get away from the roof, But it won't last long.
As if you fly too far away, The game will say "You let Gary get away!".

Which leads to a rather funny bit, If you attack Gary before the time you should(e.g flying to him), The mission will end saying "You weren't supposed to attack Gary!".
Which is true, You're not supposed to. Yet.

Um. Name Change. Right.
*shrugs* I was mainly trying out Niffumerew, I prefer Weremuffin(my origina--current username).

edit: Hah? I just noticed this got stickied. Neat.

Mike_W

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
 The only drawback with the PS2 version is that unlike a computer version, it would be very hard to pick it apart.  The PC version would be much easier in the respect of playing around with files and programming.

Offline Weremuffin

• This title has no innuendo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »
Not really.
With a good cheating device and the right cheats, it shouldn't be too hard to do some of the stuff mentioned.

Plus, as I said, Almost any computer can open a PS2 disc and explore the contents.
And with a little trickery, One could edit the files, reburn, and run the edited game.

.. That's what I'm interesting doing for the Wii one, It could be one of the ways to access the Hidden Interiors via Wii.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »
hello niff and all, yea i think this snow is also a flag, as other items/stuff spawn with it, the question now is how do we enable them, and the rooftop which you explored with the jetpack/levitate mod whatever way you wanna look at it they both do the same thing, its also located in the mainmap world, but aggain its a question of how do we enable these flags to load up different things per interior,
another prob is the tattoo trailer is inaccessable, simply because as soon as you enter that heavon it activates the tattoo bit, and stops you walking around, we need to turn this off,
ive uploaded the comic book beta's and all 3 ARE seperate interiors i must stress, it only shows 2 walls per each interior for some reason, and ive also uploaded the biology pic where the link was broken,
regarding the console hacks, sureley you would need a chipped ps2/nintendo/xbox
haha the "wern't supposed to attack gary bit cracked me up"
and what does stickied mean? im kinda a newb when it comes to forums, does it mean searchable on google or summet? cause thats how i found it,
yea this flag thing brings a new problem now, but anyway heres a link to the "BULLY INTERIOR SCEENIES" http://www.2shared.com/file/GcDEqake/BULLY_INTERIOR_SCEENIES.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:26:38 PM by Steman »

Mike_W

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
 If a topic is "stickied" it just means that that particular will always remain at the yop of the list of topics.  Usually this is done to very busy or popular topics so that they do not get pushed down by new topics.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
oh ok thanks mike

Offline NTAuthority

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »
As far as 'loading' interiors goes, as far as I've seen they're loaded based on the 'area definition' .dat files from the game scripts, likely using the Area* commands (AreaLoad, AreaSetDoorOpen, AreaLoadSpecialEntities, and a lot of others). These all seem to take a string (likely the name from a .dat file?), but I haven't done much testing with them.

They'd also likely need things like PedMoveToXYZ to perform movements not caused by a door... disassembling the scripts would help for making it work, but most I've gotten from Lua decompilers is some odd code not usable in most ways. Also, like GTA, solid interiors are mostly the ones you see peds walk on in gameplay sections (or scripted cutscenes/NISes, which are rare) :) After I finish the next version of my current MW2 project, I'll go and finish up the Bully script hook to allow y'all to hack away on script functions :p

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »
1st of all welcome to the forums, moving on what interiors are we talking about here? are we talking about loading flags for certain interiors? and all the interiors are solid same with the gta its just that most of the items also like gta have no collisions, best of luck with the moden warfare thing

Offline NTAuthority

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 03:29:44 AM »
1st of all welcome to the forums, moving on what interiors are we talking about here? are we talking about loading flags for certain interiors? and all the interiors are solid same with the gta its just that most of the items also like gta have no collisions, best of luck with the moden warfare thing

Bully, much like GTA IV (and unlike VC/SA/the Stories) references 'interiors' not as interior, but separately from each other. Where the GTA III games had multiple interior worlds to load from, many having multiple interiors ('heavens' as PS2 people called it for SA), both GTA IV and Bully reference these all separately. Where GTA IV also had a pretty much static map (though, similar to SA, IPL files could be switched on and off) and interiors were added to the main world on load, Bully's map changes massively throughout the game. Some parts of this are likely scripted, but as Bully imitates other game engines (Volition's engine, Quake-style games) more than it does GTA (coordinates are hardcoded in GTA, but Bully uses area .dat files for everything) as far as object scripting goes, it's likely the Area functions should be looked into the most for Bully interior changing. It is very likely those 'flags' you're talking about are yet another area file, waiting to be loaded during that specific mission script. ;)

For a simple instance, the following script code (reconstructed, decompilers are annoying and don't create fully reusable code... yet) is used to remove the Industrial area barricades in one of the chapter transition scripts:

Code: [Select]
AreaSetNodesSwitchedOffInTrigger(TRIGGER._INDUSTRIALBARRICADE, false)

Or, another example (chapter 2-3 transition):

Code: [Select]
AreaLoadSpecialEntities("Christmas", true)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:41:10 AM by NTAuthority »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 06:01:18 AM »
nt you've certainly shed a bit of light on the situation here, id just like to say, gta III didnt have any interior world to load from it didn't even have any heavons, the interiors are allready loaded on the appropriate island you just gotta teleport to them, on to the bully subject, the only thing we need doing now about the interiors is doing as you say, turning whatever areafunction on before we load whichever interior, what files specifically should we be looking at where are the chapter transition scripts, your deffintly onto something here.

EDIT. ah its script .img is it mate?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:17:09 AM by Steman »

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »
EDIT. ah its script .img is it mate?
Nope, ASI files that a loader dll loads into the game. If you are familiar with GTA modding you may have come across them before.